• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I will say riot has definitely learned to do a lot more internal testing on their champions before they release them.

Beta balance on release champions was a lot more solid (but that can prolly be attributed to the lack of players). Most champions released in season 1 were either blatantly overpowered or hilariously underpowered.

I'd like to think we're a lot better off now.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Invited me to play a few games.
Played a few games with me.
Offered me load of advice for the past months.
Don't know who I am.

Alright, cool story, bro. The call-out stands. It's a bit annoying to see people actually being kosher and cool in this thread just for you to make some snide/sarcastic response because it's in your nature to just be a ****.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Cause obviously I'm a ****. Even you said I invited you to a few games and gave you a ton of advice(Guess that's a **** move). Anyways guess you aren't important enough for me to remember. Sorry I don't remember every smasher I play with. You got to realize I invite everyone from the swf group to see where they stand and if they can improve.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
So dphat was rul rude for calling me out, but I would've done the same if I thought my facts were absolute.

But then he apologized(ish) when he realized he was wrong, and everything was cool.

And then you guys got an attitude and couldnt drop it.

I'd say lets move on, but this drama is best drama.

Omni

BRoomer
Cause obviously I'm a ****. Even you said I invited you to a few games and gave you a ton of advice(Guess that's a **** move).
Yes, you do. Pretty thankful for it, too. But it doesn't excuse you for nearly every other post you make reacting to certain people in this thread where you're just... a ****, lol.

Anyways guess you aren't important enough for me to remember.

Nevermind. Do what you do.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I have no idea what you're talking about, Espy.

Also, chill out on the drama. Blanket warning since you guys are riled up now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You know exactly what I'm talking about, Virgilijus the Administrator.
Also, just an aside, I thought of Gilligan's Island when I typed your name out completely.

Anyways, to keep the thread League-ish, I'm still a crappy jungler. Anyone got any tips in regards to jungle invades at any given time in the games? I tend to usually stick to my side of the jungle, usually camping top/mid if my team is purple (since I usually ignore wolves in favor for more ganks), and stick around mid/bot if I'm blue side for the same reasons.

If I see the jungler on the opposite side of the map, I usually invade the opposite jungler side to see if I can swipe some experience, but that's about as far as I go in terms of jungler invades (or if I'm super fed and they aren't, of course). The issue is that all of my junglers are feeble in comparison to Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyv, and all those ridiculously strong junglers (Sejuani, Rammus, Malphite, Mordekaiser, Yi, Poppy, mostly).

I'll also do what I can to ward their blues or reds whenever I get enough for a ward or two. I typically use it to ward the river for mid (since a lot of mids I team with are adamant on not buying wards, which is frustrating in and of itself). If I get the chance, I'll also try warding those little pathways on the exits and entries into their jungle, but that's the furthest I really go.

I'm just really scared about jumping into someone else's jungle as my junglers.

Any general tips about invading jungles would be good, but if anyone has any specific experience invading with those characters, some words of advice would definitely be appreciated. :applejack:

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Espy, if you're really worried about invading the other person jungle and have no sight on them, then you're probably better off not invading. The safest time to invade is when you see the enemy jungler on the opposite of the map. Anyways with the junglers you listed, you shouldn't be worrying about invading the enemy jungle, you should be more worried about protecting yours.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How would I go about doing that, exactly?
I assume I ward my own junk? Entrance to blue and that pathway to red (I'm assuming blue side, and that support bot would be able to ward tribush or river that leads into the same jungle)?

Otherwise, the only way I'd know how to protect my own stuff is to get to it first.
And have bot lane watch over my alternate side jungle for a while.

If I DO see them invading my jungle, I assume it'd be a good option to simply just opt to invade their own? Like, if I'm blue side and we see them at red, should I just skip the blue and have top/mid help me grab their red buff? :applejack:

Omni

BRoomer
Anyways, to keep the thread League-ish, I'm still a crappy jungler. Anyone got any tips in regards to jungle invades at any given time in the games? I tend to usually stick to my side of the jungle, usually camping top/mid if my team is purple (since I usually ignore wolves in favor for more ganks), and stick around mid/bot if I'm blue side for the same reasons.
Definitely advise you to try using the junglers we mentioned before. Helps you to understand the mindset of when your own jungle can be invaded and if there is anything you can do about it.

If I see the jungler on the opposite side of the map, I usually invade the opposite jungler side to see if I can swipe some experience, but that's about as far as I go in terms of jungler invades (or if I'm super fed and they aren't, of course). The issue is that all of my junglers are feeble in comparison to Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyv, and all those ridiculously strong junglers (Sejuani, Rammus, Malphite, Mordekaiser, Yi, Poppy, mostly).
That's pretty much all you can do. :(

I'll also do what I can to ward their blues or reds whenever I get enough for a ward or two. I typically use it to ward the river for mid (since a lot of mids I team with are adamant on not buying wards, which is frustrating in and of itself). If I get the chance, I'll also try warding those little pathways on the exits and entries into their jungle, but that's the furthest I really go.

I'm just really scared about jumping into someone else's jungle as my junglers.

Any general tips about invading jungles would be good, but if anyone has any specific experience invading with those characters, some words of advice would definitely be appreciated. :applejack:
Like dphat said, you should be staying on your side.

An offensive jungler will place a ward at enemy wraiths.
A defensive jungler will usually place a ward at their own wraiths.

Stealing the enemy jungle is simply about knowing where the enemy jungler is located. If you see him cross over a river ward attempting to gank a lane and your ward at his wraiths is up then take the wraiths. Also, if you have his wraiths warded and you have a timer on them then you can actively be prepared to steal it since they probably won't be there in time to get it (unless they get lucky).

Think of the enemy camp just like you do their Red/Blue except the camps are much, much easier to kill/steal.

If you are successful a few times be wary of defensive wards being placed. If you're moving into their jungle (at any point) and you suddenly see mid go MIA it's a good idea to leave or you're going to have a bad time.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If you get a mondo pull on blue buff and don't need smite it's pretty easy to just run to their red, and take it. Honestly that's just a pretty reliable play especially at lower levels whenever they try to take your red or if they just have a blue reliant jungle. Like nobody at my elo ever expects that kind of stuff... kinda sad how easy it is to get away with. If you have CV on your team than its just that much easier to stop invades and initiate them yourself.

Omni

BRoomer
How would I go about doing that, exactly?
I assume I ward my own junk? Entrance to blue and that pathway to red (I'm assuming blue side, and that support bot would be able to ward tribush or river that leads into the same jungle)?
Yup. Defensive wards = your wraith ramp and blue entrance (closest to mid tower). Your bot/top should have wards that cover the other blue entrance if they're placing it properly.

Otherwise, the only way I'd know how to protect my own stuff is to get to it first.
And have bot lane watch over my alternate side jungle for a while.
Yes. If you get counterjungled LVL 1 there's not much you can do. You can attempt to steal their jungle in retaliation, but it's risky.

If I DO see them invading my jungle, I assume it'd be a good option to simply just opt to invade their own? Like, if I'm blue side and we see them at red, should I just skip the blue and have top/mid help me grab their red buff? :applejack:
It depends. If you're blue dependent I'd say just stick with your blue. If not, then I'd go for the reverse counterjungle at their red. There are different ways teams can respond like disengaging and going in for a team fight instead of stealing your red.

If you get a mondo pull on blue buff and don't need smite it's pretty easy to just run to their red, and take it. Honestly that's just a pretty reliable play especially at lower levels whenever they try to take your red or if they just have a blue reliant jungle. Like nobody at my elo ever expects that kind of stuff... kinda sad how easy it is to get away with. If you have CV on your team than its just that much easier to stop invades and initiate them yourself.
Dude... this strategy is so free with Mundo. Shyvana as well. Gotta' start Boots/3, tho', and you need your team to leash your Blue down to at least 300 HP before dipping.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I did have a Shyvana at some point, but I got bored of her.

I tried Udyr a few times. Never won with him, but my records with him weren't crap.
I got jumped by 4 at their red once, and then just mashed Bear/Turtle/Bear/Turtle/Bear/Turtle and got away.

I hate top tier. :applejack:

Haven't really committed to playing the other junglers though. It's probably a good idea that I should, but I probably won't just out of stubborn principle. Plus, that's too much IP I need to buy them all, and I rarely get to play the game as is. :( :applejack:

Thanks for the tips though. For some reason I've honestly never thought of warding my own wraiths before. Just goes to show how little I know, lol.

Omni

BRoomer

Edit: Meh, I'd just use them when they're free if you don't have time to farm IP.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Invited me to play a few games.
Played a few games with me.
Offered me load of advice for the past months.
Don't know who I am.

Alright, cool story, bro. The call-out stands. It's a bit annoying to see people actually being kosher and cool in this thread just for you to make some snide/sarcastic response because it's in your nature to just be a ****.
Name on league?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Guess I can give them the 'ol college try when I get that opportunity. Gonna have a bad taste in my mouth afterward though.
Another short random quip: I love when I go support Poppy and see an Alistar on the other side. They ALWAYS go in. And they ALWAYS die.

Level 1 Poppy looks so cute and innocent, dun' she? :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Weird. As far as I know, no one else here on SWF or in my little group primarily uses Poppy except me, really. I mean, I can totally be wrong, but yeah.
I use her as Support, Top, and Jungler. :p :applejack:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
@ the adamant viktor player. Not sure if you know but he's op bugged right now. Death ray gives the vfx of him shooting it in one spot but the laser still damages in the line he made. Really, really dumb. It seemed to happen ~60% if the time but that's still way too much for an invisible laser of death to occur.

:phone:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That laser bug has actually been around for a while, happens much less frequently than that, from my experience. Sometimes it does the damage while invisible, sometimes it doesn't do any at all :\

The bug he has that's really bad is the double ult bug, although I've personally never had it happen to me (since I guess I don't mash the R button when I cast).

Top Bottom