• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Johnny, the Chogath build/tanky Nautilus is also very strong, and honestly has an easier time laning than AP Nautilus, but he can't really instagib anyone, which is pretty important especially in solo queue.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Naut mid is doable but a lot more dangerous. Top lane you have many walls to hook towards for safety. However you can always just 1-2 shot a wave and then leave :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wait, can Malz use Zhonya's during his ult, and it doesn't cancel the ult?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Nunu yes, Sivir yes (works on minis, right?), GP no, but used to.

Rule of thumb-- does it work on minions?

Seeing a blood-boiled Heim turret does my heart good.

EDIT: Ooh, I'd like to see an AD Malzahar's voidling get a blood boil.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
sounds hype.

Yesterday an Alistar with like super low health died to tibbers because he Headbutted it. trying to save the Cass (who died from Ignite).

real. LOL

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Are any of the manaless champs considered anything close to "bad?"

How did my bot lane keep dying to Fiora before she even hit level 6? I don't understaaaand

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryze 2nd best AP mid, Ashe 3rd best AD carry.

Soraka pretty much decimates AP mid too.

Also, just cause a lane is in theory better, doesn't mean its a shoe in victory. Player skill matters. (the lane comp being better only matters at even levels of play)

D

Deleted member

NOPE, quite boring actually but its the most effective build i been using

boots/dorans ring -> philo --> blasting wand --> abyssal --> shurelyas --> defensive stats/ more OFFENSE if you are rapin

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryze, Ashe, Soraka and Nunu are all staple competitive picks. Annie, Sivir, Yi, Poppy, and Kayle are all at the very least playable under the right circumstances. I don't see anything to complain about.
I mean yeah for the first ones but the later seems to just drop off fast in terms of it, I mean for some of them their are champs worse than them but like the newer champs seems to be pushing the power a lot more creep wise more recently.

john!

Smash Hero
I mean yeah for the first ones but the later seems to just drop off fast in terms of it, I mean for some of them their are champs worse than them but like the newer champs seems to be pushing the power a lot more creep wise more recently.
i'd think that riot prefers to release champions on the more powerful end of the spectrum, it generally leads to better sales and more customer satisfaction (they are a company, after all)

you should just be glad you weren't around during the start of season one... xin, leblanc, mf, vlad, sona, and galio were all very OP on release

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
John the only champions that you listed that were OP upon release is Xin, Vlad and Sona. Leblanc was actually a very weak champion upon release and all patch fixes for her since her release has been buffs. Even with numerous buffs she's still a relatively weak pick. Anyways to your response about newly released champions being "OP" is far from true. Voli, Fiora, Ziggs, Sej, Viktor, Hecarim, and LuLu are champions I wouldn't consider "OP".

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ok Riot released champs and they was OP at the time. There are champs are are UP when released too, but no one cares, they just forget the champ exists (Sejuani)

Its not like they can release champs that are perfectly balanced always.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For the most part, the baseline of champions has been steadily getting stronger and stronger (with some exceptions). However, they have done a pretty good job of not releasing champions that are straight up OP in a while.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
John the only champions that you listed that were OP upon release is Xin, Vlad and Sona. Leblanc was actually a very weak champion upon release and all patch fixes for her since her release has been buffs. Even with numerous buffs she's still a relatively weak pick. Anyways to your response about newly released champions being "OP" is far from true. Voli, Fiora, Ziggs, Sej, Viktor, Hecarim, and LuLu are champions I wouldn't consider "OP".
lolwat?

Leblanc was hotfixed within 24hours of being release because she was so broken. MF was the best laner of her time (at a time where AD carrys were still going mid). Galio wasnt thought of as overpowered when he first came out, but everyone realized how good he was about a month or two after his release (especially when combined with Amumu).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh jesus, release LB was ********, she just clicked on people and they died.

john!

Smash Hero
i pretty much agree with what rosedemon said... how can you not remember release leblanc? that ***** was HOTFIX NERFED lol

and i don't think riot releases only OP champions, i just said that their new champions tend to be more powerful than the average champion. i guess technically you could call that "overpowered", but that word is usually reserved for the top 5-10% or so

edit:

http://www.lol-patch.com/leblanc.html, Oh wait.. don't see no hot fix here on leblanc. (I will say I forgot about how dumb MF was upon release). But leblanc was never "********", SO before you go blowing your horn about how "stupid" a character was please look up facts instead of blowing hot air out of your ***.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.104#Hotfix

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
She was def hotfixed. They prob didnt add it to that list out of shame due to just how broken she initially was.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
http://www.lol-patch.com/leblanc.html, Oh wait.. don't see no hot fix here on leblanc. (I will say I forgot about how dumb MF was upon release). But leblanc was never "********", SO before you go blowing your horn about how "stupid" a character was please look up facts instead of blowing hot air out of your ***.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/LeBlanc_the_Deceiver/Background

*More specifically:

November 4, 2010 Hotfix:
Stats:
Mana per level reduced to 50 from 56.
Armor per level reduced to 3 from 3.5.
Sigil of Silence:
Initial base damage reduced to 70/110/150/190/230 from 80/125/170/215/260.
Cast range reduced to 700 from 750.
Mana cost increased to 70/75/80/85/90 from 60/65/70/75/80.
Distortion:
Base damage reduced to 85/125/165/205/245 from 90/130/170/210/250.
Mana cost increased to 80/90/100/110/120 from 60/70/80/90/100.
Ethereal Chains:
Base damage reduced to 40/65/90/115/140 from 45/70/95/120/145.
Mana cost increased to 80 from 70.
Mimic:
Cooldown increased to 40 from 30.
Damage amplification reduced to 10/25/40% from 20/30/40%. (The tooltip was incorrectly stating 20/35/50%).

I'd make some snide sardonic remark here, but imma keep it classy boo.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
So it was a 24/hr hot fix that I probably didn't touch the champion during that time. All I read from previous patch notes is "buff buff buff" on Leblanc. Since her release I don't ever recall her being popular, well I mean Regi did rise her popularity after a random national (MLG???), but he was already a game up on EpikGaming and was coming from winners so he had room to mess around.

Top Bottom