• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't imagine using touchpad. Even browsing firefox is a nightmare on mine D:
Anything more than a keyboard+mouse is overkill. You only need a few buttons, it's not like WoW where you need like 80 hotkeys.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Touchpad is bearable, sometimes use it when I forget to bring my wireless usb mouse to a friend's house or campus. Ctrl/Shift+QWER or SmartCasting help lessen the clicks. However, it makes moving an unlocked camera a bit more difficult, sometimes having to take the touchpad hand to use the arrow keys to make minor camera movements.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Side buttons on mice are really nice, I have my two buttons bound to Ctrl and Alt. Makes self-casting and leveling up abilities easier for me.

Middle click bound to /l

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How do you guys feel about support kayle? I just tried it, and I went 4/6/23, but my team lost. I feel like even with her buffed heal, her utility is mostly underwhelming lategame, and her damage is **** if you can't afford to get damage items, which you can't since you're spending your gold on wards and support items.

edit: even with the most assists, and two gp5 items, I earned the least gold :urg:
I also took the most damage of either team, despite having the least deaths... kind of weird since I didn't feel like I was getting hit much.
Items were CDR boots, Shurelya's, Warden's Mail, HoG, Deathcap. Oracles and wards.
Oracles because they had a shaco and a teemo -_- 2v2 can suddenly turn into 2v4 because of shaco invis and TF ult x_x

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Pretty much just spent most of my day off playing solo que, did pretty well so I'm glad.
Ended up going 6-3 in games, got myself back up to 1400.
Most of those were Shyvana and Udyr, had a couple of support games too.
My last game of the night I was Tiger Udyr top against an Ahri. Was worried at first about her being able to poke me down and farm outside of my reach, but some good use of the brush allowed me to still bear in and chunk her down. She was basically forced to use her Flash and ulti exclusively to get away from me as I came charging in with Bear. They had double AP, so I went Wits End > Mercs > Negatron. God damn, Tiger does stupid damage no matter what you build...
Was thinking about how strong Hex Drinker > Maw would be against double AP as Udyr. Like Tiger doesn't chunk for enough as is, eh? Or is Wits just that much better? If I was Phoenix I would go Wits every time over Drinker/Maw, but how would it be with Tiger?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Also, does anybody else see a lot of support bans?
Every game I played tonight had one or two supports banned. Usually Soraka and Janna, sometimes Alistar. Thought that was really weird.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Touchpad is bearable, sometimes use it when I forget to bring my wireless usb mouse to a friend's house or campus. Ctrl/Shift+QWER or SmartCasting help lessen the clicks. However, it makes moving an unlocked camera a bit more difficult, sometimes having to take the touchpad hand to use the arrow keys to make minor camera movements.
Pretty much how i play. Smartcast only, thumb to click, middle finger to move cursor. Its 2nd nature to me moving the mouse cursor via touchpad so i have no problems with accuracy. However goin to the edge of the screen is not.. Something that can be done on one finger slide so i use arrow keys for that. Since its right next to my touch pad, not hard to transition from arrow keys back to pad. Only negative thing i can think of is fingers hurt after sliding too much.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
After all the countless nerfs to other APs and other AP items that didn't exactly gel on Malzahar (Wota, dring stacks) I think he's pretty strong... I'd think anything bar a heavy MR spec vlad would lose to Malz in mid... but full MR specs are always iffy against Malz considering what you can get voidlings to do.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think the combination of Viktor having a pretty high skill cap, being relatively new, and only having 5 item slots is part of the reason not many people play him. He certainly does a lot of damage, though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's fine w/ me. Longer that is the case, the longer before he gets hit (actually I heard he's slated for buffs, which might be a little crazy).

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I used to use my touchpad.

Then I realised I coudn't move and cast spells at the same time very well at ALL!

Also I can't wait for Varus.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
AP Nautilus wins ranked games, hell yeah. Doesn't matter how fed your AD carry is, b/c almost all his ridiculous damage and CC is targeted, trololol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love nautilus.. Even as a tank, if he gets fed he does as much damage as your not as fed carries then meaning you have to focus him down too loooooool.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I don't know what's so difficult about looking up a champion ratios/cd/spell damage and coming up with a logical conclusion on item maximization.

...I don't know how to do this that well. I always come up with some super Janky build when I try to make my own builds.

I mean right now my Go To build for Malz is 2 Drings -> Revolver -> Deathcap -> DFG -> Wota with sorc shoes.

sounds wrong but its been working.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Train of thought when building AP items:

Need tankiness or slow to combo skills? Rylai's
Need Mana? RoA or 2 doran rings
Need even more mana? Tear only if not behind
Need sustain? Revolver, can rush wota though you can work o the next item instead.
Moar damage? Large rod into dcap
Awesome ult that goes on or other team relies heavily on skills to damage: rush zhonya's hourglass
Guy you are laning against has no MR? Rush sorc shoes
Need to take less damage? Negatron or chainvest into abyssal or zhonya's

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so where does DFG + evil tome come into play? CDR?

I've just been building DFG because that **** plus the rest of Malz combo is like an instant kill on everything you need to kill.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea CDR
I think DFG goes on specific champs who either benifit from damage (only got 2 skills to damage, ie ap supports), or are known to instagib champs with it (veigar). Not that good on pokey champs, good on those who burst.. And its good against tanky teams, against squishies it sets your damage back when you rush it (unless you're veigar or don't have that many damage skills in the first place).. Veigar is an exception cause he builds AP via Q, so he doesn't get set back rushing it.

There is always building a GP5 item too and then building into it.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I didn't realize how many people don't understand the importance of wards in solo queue.

I think "need wards" is my most used phrase.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah same. Unless the team only has one non-squishy which isn't likely, I'll usually build it as 5th-6th item to **** a nonsquishy. 500AP will take off about 40-45% HP on a big target which is huge.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
AP Nautilus wins ranked games, hell yeah. Doesn't matter how fed your AD carry is, b/c almost all his ridiculous damage and CC is targeted, trololol.
Nautilus was the first jungler where I felt like I did a "decent" job, but in teamfights I felt like retardedly powerful. He's amazing at keeping players off your carry and he's amazing at targeting the enemy carry. He just doesn't have that... extra umph to do enough damage.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nautilus was the first jungler where I felt like I did a "decent" job, but in teamfights I felt like retardedly powerful. He's amazing at keeping players off your carry and he's amazing at targeting the enemy carry. He just doesn't have that... extra umph to do enough damage.
Which is why he said AP nautilus not jungle...

Top Bottom