• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Very very good advice Johnny, thankies

1 week until I'm done with school and can dedicate the summer to LoL/Riot, my goal is to **** chu8 with Lux on stream

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I personally think Sejuani is the worst champion in the game, maybe tied with xin zhao
Errr, what?

The issue with Sej isn't that she's bad per say, it's just there's very few teamcomps that she's not like the second best pick for because there's really nothing she's the best at.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
hes a very fun champ that is very damaging but he definitely has his issues besides difficulty

biggest one IMO is horribly mana starved
I feel like he's in the Anivia class...super mana starved, but with blue buff he's such a force.

His zoning capabilities for objectives are some of the best in the game, and his global presence with his ult makes him able to influence every lane in a positive way.

He also has huge rage, and his main damage from Q is on a super short cool down, and AoE with huge poke capabilities.
I think he's super underused. Just like Orianna.

:phone:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Played a few more Ziggs games, and he seems incredibly strong with blue buff, and average without it.
Holy sweet jesus is he fun as hell though.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
CDR Boots vs Lucidity on Ahri. Anyone's thoughts?

My opinion so far is that while the mpen is nice, I really want to be able to use my ulti faster.

And since everyone seemed to completely ignore my previous post, I wonder how many people have me blocked. It's a sad day when smashers can't all get along.

Lovage

Smash Hero

My opinion so far is that while the mpen is nice, I really want to be able to use my ulti faster.

And since everyone seemed to completely ignore my previous post, I wonder how many people have me blocked. It's a sad day when smashers can't all get along.
well dude, not only does this thread move fast as ****, but you dropped in randomly and asked a question a 13 year old with access to youtube/google/solomid/leagueoflegends.com could figure out lol. not to mention taking something petty like that so personally is kinda bewildering.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
well dude, not only does this thread move fast as ****, but you dropped in randomly and asked a question a 13 year old with access to youtube/google/solomid/leagueoflegends.com could figure out lol. not to mention taking something petty like that so personally is kinda bewildering.

Ignoring the drama...

I just asked a simple question relating to LoL. Since this is the LoL thread I don't see how my comment is inapplicable.

I could waste my time trying to figure out the mess of a site that is solomid or the garbage Riot site, or I could just ask here?

How about actually contributing something worthwhile, I don't know, maybe an answer to my question about Ahri?

"Ahri has been done to death, check page xxxx"
Or "Solomid has a good guide discussing those things, check it out <insert link to website that someone who hasn't posted for 4 months might not remember>"

It really isn't that hard to be polite and understanding.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Wait, did jazriel just say it isn't difficult to be polite and understanding? Didn't you just post that a lot of people have you blocked... I guess you are always polite and understanding and everyone else must of blocked you for that sole reason. Lmfao

Wait, don't you talk a lot of **** but the only thing I've ever seen you do is feed and rage hardcore? Or is it not enough to fail in the game itself but then you have to come to some drama-infested forums and make pointless posts to up your post count? Or are you really so stupid that you get trolled this easily?

Lovage

Smash Hero
Ignoring the drama...

I just asked a simple question relating to LoL. Since this is the LoL thread I don't see how my comment is inapplicable.

I could waste my time trying to figure out the mess of a site that is solomid or the garbage Riot site, or I could just ask here?

How about actually contributing something worthwhile, I don't know, maybe an answer to my question about Ahri?

"Ahri has been done to death, check page xxxx"
Or "Solomid has a good guide discussing those things, check it out <insert link to website that someone who hasn't posted for 4 months might not remember>"

It really isn't that hard to be polite and understanding.
ur right i wonder why everyone blocks u

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/snl3e/i_am_wingsofdeathx_23k_top_lane_streamer_ama/

Wingsofdeathx doing an AMA on reddit. He is a really good high elo top laner and streamer. Somebody asked how to beat vlad top and he said rumble,lee sin, fizz, udyr all do well vs him. This is for everybody who didnt believe me when I said rumble poops vlad top...
I have never seen him play Rumble or Vlad... just throwing that out there.

Fizz from my experience can do well, but the first 4 or 5 levels are abysmal (since he can get free Q and auto attack harass). However once you kill the guy once you just roll nonstop.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I've seen him play rumble. But for rumble to win the matchup he needs to overextend alot, that's why you don't see him that often, and since the new thing to do is camp top as a jungler..

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How do you beat fiddle as vlad? It seems impossible >_>. He wins trades and heals for far more than you can hope to and his silence is annoying as ****.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For the health and safety of this thread can we please try not to provoke dphat?

Jungle ganks, vlad can't win 1 v 1 against fiddle.
Well yea, fiddles sort of counters vlad pretty hard.

Ok dude seriously, this is a fast moving thread, and people generally don't answer things unless they are pretty sure of the answer.

You used an anacronym that isn't that well known imo (I had to look it up after taking a second look at your post) and is rarely used in the context of esports anyway so people probably figured you meant something different then you did, so 99% of the people in the thread are gonna think they don't know the answer to your question.

Then your response was super passive aggressive, that's like a drama lightning rod because you pretty much passively accussed everyone in the thread of being petty, that makes people less likely to answer you and more likely to either respond with drama or outright block you. If you really want an answer to a question that was initially ignored, might I suggest asking again and clarifying what you're looking for?

I think you'd get a lot farther if you gave people the benefit of the doubt here.

I may be able to help with your first question, but what exactly are you looking for? Recent tournaments? High elo solo queue? If the latter, for what lane/lanes?

I know NOTHING about ahri so, no luck there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For the record, solo Mundo beats Vlad pretty easy/handily imo as well... don't know why I don't see it more. He's also super scary when fed, like Vlad, and difficult to gank. Cleavers just decimate him because of his passive.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I guess part of the reason why vlad is scary is that you need to explicitly shut him down, otherwise he naturally just gets scary when he hits the right level.

Speaking of which, I really suck with bruisers, I've been having a reasonable amount of success with APs top lane (namely ryze and kennen) but unless it's a particularly brainless cp I just can't seem to do much.

Could anyone possibly assist me with this, I know I'm missing a few key things like the finer points of minion control and I really wanna be a well rounded top laner.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Welp I think I'm going to pick up Malzahar for ranked games. didn't notice how easy it is to catch people with E -> Q combos while they are trying to run away.

as far as a Malz build though?

I kinda winged it and went boots + pots -> 2 drings -> revolver -> sorcs shoes -> DFG -> Deathcap

yes?. no?

What's The Point

Smash Master
I've always preferred a (HP) tanky Malz. RoA and Rylias as the core items, replacing DFG and Deathcap in your build. Malz has good base damage, his pool is % based, and he has Voidlings to do damage during his combo. I like getting HP because when you ult somebody you are also keeping yourself in place. Enemies are quick to jump on an ulting Malzahar. Late game you really just become an Ult Bot and your goal is to punish bad enemy positions or to lock down the best target that didn't buy QSS.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If malz gets roa + rylais while not being too far behind the enemy AP (or better), he'll wreck faces.

There are times when you'd be better off going roa + death cap. Other times better doing the old hotshot which was cata -> death cap -> banshees

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Really might consider switching my main back to Fiddlesticks.
Most likely cause of my 0-17 FPS and solo queue, but I'm starting to lose more games with Twitch, while I'm winning with Junglefiddle and even Lanesticks.

...I dunno, now that I got this information about Vlad (kinda noticed from the last vlad I laned with he played passive and I still kept beating up on him) and the fact I had more fun with Fiddle then Twitch. Yeah, I might possibly switch back to him even if he's terrible.

Kira-

Smash Champion
imo there is so much beats vlad

i won every lane hard as vlad at 1900 but when i got to 2k i realized there are a lot of champs that can beat him

ap nidalee, ad nidalee (if u rune/mastery correctly), jax, riven, rumble, udyr, cassio to name a few

olaf, if u can dodge axes u can kite easily, if u dont you lose horribly

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Wait, don't you talk a lot of **** but the only thing I've ever seen you do is feed and rage hardcore? Or is it not enough to fail in the game itself but then you have to come to some drama-infested forums and make pointless posts to up your post count? Or are you really so stupid that you get trolled this easily?
Calling me stupid when you asked what's better CDR boots or Lucidity (they're the same idiot). And you're the guy saying I'm stupid and getting trolled easily? Guess you're too stupid to see that I was obviously trolling you. I love how you come into a thread filled with "feeders and ragers" expecting an answer to a question you could of obviously looked up or found out through another "viable" site. I don't know why you come to a thread where everyone already looks down on you expecting a real answer. I don't know what's so difficult about looking up a champion ratios/cd/spell damage and coming up with a logical conclusion on item maximization. I mean you're obviously too good for the people in this thread, I think the least you could do is figure out what boots to purchase for x champion.

john!

Smash Hero
i stopped caring about what people in this thread thought about me a while ago

once i realized that they were stupid enough to dislike me based on the fact that i enjoy a TV show that they don't like

john!

Smash Hero
i guess you could dislike me if you thought that my skill level in league suddenly inexplicably PLUMMETED and that i have no reason to be getting mad about losing 300 elo in 50 games

but i don't think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that

Top Bottom