• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
Anyone have a good Jax build order? (If there are items I should buy a piece of, and then wait on until later to finish, please let me know, too).

Rageblade, Gunblade, and Mercs are staples in my Jax build, and usually the first three items I go for.

EDIT: At 10 minutes, the most possible CS is 107, I think. So I just assume that at 20 minutes, I should have something close to double that (I never do, though :p)
Build cutass but dont finish gunblade for a while, get a dorans or two mercs and a rageblade then go frozen mallet with an early phage if u need the hp

:phone:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ranged AD by far most boring/ ***** class

unless facing low elo n00bs/ having your 10 seconds of glory through crazy micro in team fights

support is terrible low elos though (even around 1650) but if your ad carry is not a complete *****/ farming schmuck you can really carry bot so hard then go roam (alistar/taric)

this has by far been the best advice i've gotten in my elo bracket as a support main for the current support meta

1600-1700s is really frustrating playing any less impactful supports in my personal experience.

dphat that girl in your avatar isn't as cute as you are :S

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm pretty sure Brand crushes Kata unless she gets a kill (Which she shouldn't)

I mean he has a powerful stun combo and can auto attack harass her once she uses any abilitys levels 1-3.

She does like no damage early on either.

I only fear her ult.....kinda.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Brand crushes Kata unless she gets a kill (Which she shouldn't)

I mean he has a powerful stun combo and can auto attack harass her once she uses any abilitys levels 1-3.

She does like no damage early on either.

I only fear her ult.....kinda.
you shouldn't be getting hit by anything other than his E and kat can cs fine with Q, the lane favors her starting at 5 when her Q can actually hit brand and do damage from the other side of the lane

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Ezreal rust accumulating too much. Can't CS early game anymore and getting flak for my build.
DBlade/Boots+Pots > Sheen > Lucidity > Vamp Scepter > Phage/TF > BV > BT > IE > LW/GA
Going about this the wrong way?

If I were get Madred's Razor early to farm(to be turned into Bloodrazor late game), but would that be bad because I'm supposed to know how to CS better than that?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can build him however you want depending on what you need (though I don't recommend the CDR build).

Either build him pure AP to maximize laser/ult, or build him tanky AP. You can grab a WotA if you need it.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Did you put any research into him? Are you unable to wiki his spell damage/ap ratios/cool downs? I love how people automatically comes into the thread asking about x champion and how to build him. If you're really interested then you can easily look some information and come to a logical conclusion on how x character should be played.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Did you put any research into him? Are you unable to wiki his spell damage/ap ratios/cool downs? I love how people automatically comes into the thread asking about x champion and how to build him. If you're really interested then you can easily look some information and come to a logical conclusion on how x character should be played.

I can't judge things based purely off of numbers. I'm not that strong with theory.

I'm basically asking for a recommended build on him. Smashboards is internet, and I'd like to consult Smashboards because you guys are usually informative.

Also, it builds discussion sometimes, which is nice for the thread. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love John!'s posts as much as the next guy, but some other stuff seems nice.

Oh, and I forgot to ask: I'm finding myself not buying the passive upgrade until late game. Should I rush it or am I doing mostly right in waiting? Not experienced enough with Viktor to tell.

L__

Smash Master
so what are the impressions of hecarim so far?

mainly asking mogwai dphat jpak

ya fuq dat NVM

what do you guys find the most helpful advice for in climbing ladder?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I usually pick up the staff upgrade early to mid game. That's when it has the most impact, since it's very average for a lategame item.

Often I'll pick it up after a few rings and boots 2, sometimes before the boots 2 if I am maxing laser and need to push against someone that likes to push all the time.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've found viktor to generally be more of an "enabling" ap carry (like orianna atm) instead of a true AP carry

he's fantastic in teamfights

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont know why, but for some reason every time Ive been Teemo since the update, Ive won, and done significantly better than usual. Did Teemo get buffed balls out or am I just getting lucky?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
i've found viktor to generally be more of an "enabling" ap carry (like orianna atm) instead of a true AP carry

he's fantastic in teamfights
He can carry games just fine by himself, far better than Orianna. His big problem though is that he's mad slow and pre laser upgrade he can't one shot waves like some other APs so he can't roam very well.

He's far superior to a large amount of APs in teamfights though, especially in the jungle b/c of his W.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ezreal rust accumulating too much. Can't CS early game anymore and getting flak for my build.
DBlade/Boots+Pots > Sheen > Lucidity > Vamp Scepter > Phage/TF > BV > BT > IE > LW/GA
Going about this the wrong way?

If I were get Madred's Razor early to farm(to be turned into Bloodrazor late game), but would that be bad because I'm supposed to know how to CS better than that?
I'm not too familar with AD carries but, you should probably consider wriggles and bloodrazer is terrible in the sense that you don't get enough utility from it and it delays your build.

You can build him however you want depending on what you need (though I don't recommend the CDR build).

Either build him pure AP to maximize laser/ult, or build him tanky AP. You can grab a WotA if you need it.
As useful as this might be to AP ezreal... why would you post AP ez stuff when he's asking about AD carry ez?

Edit: wow epic misread of post order on my part

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
In every game I've played ever, I only do well with characters I like for who they are. Examples: Twitch, Ziggs, Diddy, etc. Insane, male animals seem to be what I like the most. HA

I do love insane types.

I still think I'm one of the best Twitches there are. Some being rincent and Dan Dinh. COURSE THAT AIN'T SAYING MUCH SINCE LOL RIOT HATES TWITCH

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Played my first Ziggs game and carried pretty damn hard.
I feel like he might be more popular if it weren't for his skillcap. Is that accurate?
I was farming up a storm, especially easy to steal wraiths with him which I was loving.
Plus that ulti giving global presence for ganks/counterganks was great.

D

Deleted member

hes a very fun champ that is very damaging but he definitely has his issues besides difficulty

biggest one IMO is horribly mana starved

Kira-

Smash Champion
good explanation for john! hell

You are also more biased to remember poor performance on your own team, because you associate that as the reason you lost, while if they perform well you still err on attributing it to your own play as long as you played reasonably well that game!

only problem with ziggs is that kog is better

D

Deleted member

In every game I've played ever, I only do well with characters I like for who they are. Examples: Twitch, Ziggs, Diddy, etc. Insane, male animals seem to be what I like the most. HA

I do love insane types.

I still think I'm one of the best Twitches there are. Some being rincent and Dan Dinh. COURSE THAT AIN'T SAYING MUCH SINCE LOL RIOT HATES TWITCH
twitch is pretty good solo Q

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[COLOR="Cyan"I dont know why, but for some reason every time Ive been Teemo since the update, Ive won, and done significantly better than usual. Did Teemo get buffed balls out or am I just getting lucky?[/COLOR]
I played Soraka for an AP Teemo bot lane the other day. He went 14/3. I was incredibly confused.

D

Deleted member

so what are the impressions of hecarim so far?

mainly asking mogwai dphat jpak

ya fuq dat NVM

what do you guys find the most helpful advice for in climbing ladder?
Figure out the best roles in ur respective elo to carry

AD CARRY:

**** bot lane 1v2 lower elos, starts not working around 1600-1700 although bot laners are still abysmal even in 2k elo

SUPPORT: Horrid before 1800~ elo( bad ad carries don't trust u/want to play passive/********) , post 1800 supports do all the work bot lane

i prefer alistar/taric, communicate with ur teammates well and if they are not pre 1700 elo scrublets maybe you will work together vs random scrubs that don't want to ad/ support

Top: IMO risky in LOW ELOS, unless u have global presence like GP/ maybe teleport/ great mobility. Pretty good in higher elos

Mid: GOOD IN EVERY ELO/ CAN PICK ALMOST ANY AP MID AND BE VIABLE

-lower elos get mad if u pick 'uncommon' ap mids such as lux, even though if you are good with her shes strong

Jungler: idk but not as influential pre-jungle changes (?)

==

Communicate a lot with your teammates, mash pings to save lives, **** your lane really hard then command ur team when they listen to U

do not speak to delusional *******/ trolls they will shift events in their heads so its somehow never their fault

**** ur lane so hard that your team wins because of it

MOST IMPORTANT: Pick characters that are either OP (esp vs n00bs) or be exceptional with the ones you enjoy but are 'weaker'

Top Bottom