• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Frolossus

Smash Lord
have you ever been in a position where an entire group of people says you're wrong about something, but over time you keep being proven right? don't you just want to tell them "i told you so" and look at their reactions?

some people cover their ears and say "lalalalalala" and put me on their ignore list. some people react violently because it undermines their accomplishments (dphat). it's fascinating how people will cling onto their preconceived notions in the face of evidence to the contrary.
post replays of your journey to elo hell so we can point out exactly why you are not winning your games

I thought stuns shut her down really hard? And having to depend on skills to farm (unless she wants to get into range of Brand, which I don't) doesn't help either.
stuns only cancel her ult which isn't really used much in laning, if shes in brands range and he tries to attack you then you shunpo to the other side of the lane and force him to waste all of his mana

john!

Smash Hero
asdioh posts 10 times this week about dumb solo q games... nobody cares

i post 2 sentences 1 time this week about my ranked statistics.. everyone flips out

i like that i'm able to make such an impact with so few words

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Are there any VOD's of a recent LoL tourney? I'd like to watch good players to see what the state of the game is like right now.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
That's because you have this accusatory tone to everything. Asdioh is a big-nosed lovable oaf that's good at cooking, but is easily tempted by women and sugary sweets and always says, "Oh, you rascals," or, "How do I carry?" at the end of his posts.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Asdioh at least seems receptive to advice/hints and asks for help instead of presenting himself as God's gift to LoL while simultaneously insulting successful players.

The way that people complain makes a huge difference as to whether or not it is tolerable.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I agree with PhantomX :O I also am capable of blaming myself.

Like yesterday I pretty much got dominated in a Malz ditto. And I sometimes get killed because I don't notice I'm out of mana, that's embarrassing.

Have any of you ever actually seen the "BR" stereotype, btw? I've heard about BR huehuehue long before I played any league, but I've never seen an example of it in any game.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I agree with PhantomX :O I also am capable of blaming myself.

Like yesterday I pretty much got dominated in a Malz ditto. And I sometimes get killed because I don't notice I'm out of mana, that's embarrassing.

Have any of you ever actually seen the "BR" stereotype, btw? I've heard about BR huehuehue long before I played any league, but I've never seen an example of it in any game.
I haven't really seen any in a long time. I assume they mostly exist in the triple digit elo, or at least the ones that don't speak fluent english/have decent attitudes.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Enough.

Back to League. :b:

--

So having gotten into this recently, what are some good ... "Starting" characters? =P

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Enough.

Back to League. :b:

--

So having gotten into this recently, what are some good ... "Starting" characters? =P
Try the free champs out, they rotate them every week, find ones that fit your style (there are ranged DPS type champs, utility type champs, tanky/bulky champs, and mage/burst champs). It is also always easier to start out with champions who have a lot of targeted skills (as opposed to skillshots, which are more difficult to land).

D

Deleted member

ranged AD by far most boring/ ***** class

unless facing low elo n00bs/ having your 10 seconds of glory through crazy micro in team fights

support is terrible low elos though (even around 1650) but if your ad carry is not a complete *****/ farming schmuck you can really carry bot so hard then go roam (alistar/taric)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
*shrugs* Looking at recent 10 games, Won 7 lost 3. Last 4 games he's played he won.

Other three games he lost was 1/3/7 with corki.
3/2/3 with Riven, and 6/5/5 again with Riven.

Sharky

Smash Master
Just played a game as malzahar mid/ our soraka dc'd, leaving our vayne 2v1. He whined at everyone for the rest of the game, and it turned into a huge blame game. I tried to feed him and our top kills and whatnot, and I get raged at for not having a lot of kills or something idk.

Anyway, I go into queue, and he's in my team, and INSTANTLY starts raging about how bad I am. Someone dodges cause he threatens to troll, and I leave queue to wait a bit so I don't have to deal with him. I rejoin, AND I GET HIM AGAIN, AND IT'S WORSE THIS TIME. so lame ;_;

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, new rule implemented:

The Solo Q Rule:
  • If you make a post that complains about a game in solo q, regardless of what happened in the game and what your opinion of the game was, I will infract you for minor spam and delete the post. 'Complains' means talking about a game in a negative tone.

If you see a post that you think does this, PM me a link to it and I will deal with it.

Any one have any qualms with this rule?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
No, John I asked what your kda in those 10 ranked games where you lost, not the latest one. Thought my question was pretty simple. If you don't want to tell me your kda on the games you lost that's fine.

Also please no side stories on you blaming/explaining why you lost I just want to know your kda from your last 5-10 ranked game losses.
:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Virg, you suck.
Can I make posts complaining about you?

Also, I've ben doing pretty good with Sejuani. She's so damn fun. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sejuani is like a worse Amumu imo. Except she rides a giant pig and has the biggest shield animations in the game when they're cast on her, LOL.

bassem6

Smash Lord
have you ever been in a position where an entire group of people says you're wrong about something, but over time you keep being proven right? don't you just want to tell them "i told you so" and look at their reactions?

some people cover their ears and say "lalalalalala" and put me on their ignore list. some people react violently because it undermines their accomplishments (dphat). it's fascinating how people will cling onto their preconceived notions in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Hmm, Ive seen a few of your posts john and I am curious as to whether you are legitimately playing at your full potential or if you just feel like you are. I know at one point, when I first started playing back in season 1, I was like 1300ish elo and I felt like I was doing everything I could to win. However, I was horribly mistaken.

If you would be willing, I'd be down to play a few normal games with you so I can see what youre doing right and wrong and maybe give you some pointers for solo Q. (Im 1955 atm)

edit: my in game name is bassem6 so just add me if youre down.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sejuani is like a worse Amumu imo. Except she rides a giant pig and has the biggest shield animations in the game when they're cast on her, LOL.
I played Sej when she was free and I couldn't decide if she was fun or boring. Her ult's alright, and her charge is kinda cool, but other than that, meh. She's good at farming creep waves I guess.

What's so good about Amumu, btw? Is he mainly picked for his ult?

Just played a game where I went 3/0/5 AD malz.. I went AD because our teemo said he was going mid and AP. Enemy team surrendered at 20, which is boring, but I suppose it's better than the few 45 minute games I've had that just drag onnnn.

Also, what's a good CS at the 20 minute mark? I read a guide that said something about people thinking 100 something was good, when in reality around 200 is good or something. The thing is, I was bot with Heimer support (which was awesome) and I ended up with the highest CS (was like 111 I think) which supposedly is low, but at the same time I helped push the hell out of bot/mid towers. I destroyed bot tower around the 12-15 (could be making this up) minute mark, and then helped push mid and got the other bot tower too. So CS varies wildly depending on how the game's going, right?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Anyone have a good Jax build order? (If there are items I should buy a piece of, and then wait on until later to finish, please let me know, too).

Rageblade, Gunblade, and Mercs are staples in my Jax build, and usually the first three items I go for.

EDIT: At 10 minutes, the most possible CS is 107, I think. So I just assume that at 20 minutes, I should have something close to double that (I never do, though :p)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Aside from Amumu's ult, I find Sejuani to be somewhat better.
At the very least, she's more fun to play. :applejack:

Top Bottom