• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played a game vs. Kennen earlier yesterday up top as Poppy.
Other than being down 20-ish CS because of a bit of roaming on my part, I was still able to compete with him when it came to trades and the like.

It felt great. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
malz is also a really good pusher, is he not? That's something to consider as a plus side for maining him right?

What's The Point

Smash Master
He's a great pusher and incredibly hard to force out of lane. With E he doesn't even need to be around to push and from his ult combo it's dangerous to force yourself onto him.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh dphat you. If other people think it's unwise to provoke you and you meaninglessly try to fan flames, why haven't you been banned yet? I'd be shocked if smashboards is the first forum I know of to exclude "Don't flame people" from the TOS. This isn't even trolling or pretending either of us is trying to out-troll the other. You're just a brat.

I realize I used the wrong word, oh well. CDR Boots vs MPen Boots then. Which one do other people believe is better/prefer?

My first question was rather simple: Has there been a big tourney lately and are there videos of the matches? I have no idea where to start looking, there are many tournaments that aren't covered by Riot and I have no idea what they might be called or anything. It's just a simple question that I thought someone here might know.

I also know that this thread sustains itself on drama, which is why I tried to be unassuming. I was also curious as to why my post was completely ignored. I wasn't trying to imply anyone was petty or that people here aren't worth respecting.

Not everything is about trolling or insulting someones else's e-ego. I just asked simple questions. I've been playing Ahri a bit, and am undecided on whether to run CDR boots or MPen. I've weighed the pros and cons of each, and have come here wondering if I might learn something from a better player or from someone more experienced with playing her.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jazriel, you could have just made that post "My bad, I got the names of boots mixed up". There is nothing in that post relevant to League of Legends or anything I want to read other than one single line.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Jazriel, you could have just made that post "My bad, I got the names of boots mixed up". There is nothing in that post relevant to League of Legends or anything I want to read other than one single line.
Wave, you could have just made that post "Jaz, here's your answer." There is nothing in that post relevant to League of Legends or anything I want to read other than one single line.

It starts with you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is your pride and ego so important that you cannot ever be wrong? dphat rarely ever admits he's wrong (it's debatable how often he actually is wrong). Do you also want to join the ranks of people in this thread too stubborn to let things go, too prideful to let someone else have the last word? This thread would be better off without your arguing. I don't know you very well, but I hope you don't turn out to be someone too immature to not let something go for the sake of not further derailing a thread.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i stopped caring about what people in this thread thought about me a while ago

once i realized that they were stupid enough to dislike me based on the fact that i enjoy a TV show that they don't like
I'm pretty sure most people here dislike you because you complain a lot, and that is a really annoying trait in a person. I mean, I have plenty of games where I do great and my team feeds, I don't feel compelled to tell the world about it though.

Vyke

Smash Champion
i guess you could dislike me if you thought that my skill level in league suddenly inexplicably PLUMMETED and that i have no reason to be getting mad about losing 300 elo in 50 games

but i don't think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that
The reason most people dislike you here is your constant complaining about the game. I don't personally think you're bad or anything, I just think you're treating this thread wrong.

We should be promoting discussion about the game. Characters, builds, item balance, upcoming patches, etc. Telling us your last three scores and how impossible the game is for you doesn't really help us, especially when you won't listen to reason anyway.

Being frustrated at us isn't going to help anything either. What reason is there to be frustrated? A bunch of people you've never met don't think you're legit? I just think if everyone acted their age we'd be smooth sailing for the most part. Competition breeds some bad mentality, but there isn't any reason we can't take a step back or a deep breath before we post.

"Always behave like a duck - keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath."

This applies to nearly everyone in the thread (including me), not just John.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh dphat you. If other people think it's unwise to provoke you and you meaninglessly try to fan flames, why haven't you been banned yet? I'd be shocked if smashboards is the first forum I know of to exclude "Don't flame people" from the TOS. This isn't even trolling or pretending either of us is trying to out-troll the other. You're just a brat.
Well... you weren't exactly nice about your response either, that was sort of an epic general flamebait.

My first question was rather simple: Has there been a big tourney lately and are there videos of the matches? I have no idea where to start looking, there are many tournaments that aren't covered by Riot and I have no idea what they might be called or anything. It's just a simple question that I thought someone here might know.

I also know that this thread sustains itself on drama, which is why I tried to be unassuming. I was also curious as to why my post was completely ignored. I wasn't trying to imply anyone was petty or that people here aren't worth respecting.
You were VERY passive-aggressive....

As i said before, odds are nobody knew what VoD meant off the top of their head so they didn't answer cause they figured they didn't know the answer.

Anyway, most recent was IPL 4, you can check here and here for most of the matches.

Beyond that, there was IEM kiev, IEM hannover, the curse invitational. You could just search those on youtube, vids are a bit disjointed, but shouldn't be too difficult to find.

edit:

I'm pretty sure most people here dislike you because you complain a lot, and that is a really annoying trait in a person. I mean, I have plenty of games where I do great and my team feeds, I don't feel compelled to tell the world about it though.
Yea, pretty much this.

I don't dislike you john, but it is pretty annoying. I also strongly suspect a major part of your drop in performance is pure frustration.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does Vladimir **** Malzahar in lane or am I just terribad? I just went like 0/3 early game mid against a Vlad. His **** hurt me so much, and of course he just healed himself, especially once he got revolver.
And I could have sworn his autoattacks outranged mine, but the site says Malz has 550 while Vlad has 450. Either way, wtfdamageomgadfkljldf
Kept getting killed by his ult's delayed damage. I bought a QSS, but buying defensive **** always puts you back a lot of gold and then you're practically guaranteed to be behind the rest of the game :/

edit: and are any of you experienced Malz players? What are you supposed to do in mid? What's your skill order? I go like QEEWERE and then max W, and Q last. Am I supposed to harass with Q? It seems to do crappy damage, and has a huge mana cost early game. I always think of it as his silence rather than a damaging spell :x

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Dphat, or anyone else awesome, would like to help me get back in the groove tonight? I haven't been playing consistently lately mostly because of [random johns no one cares about]. Just want some good serious games (and hopefully a dphat raging at me to play better) to whip my LoL skills back into shape.

I'll be online at approximately 4pm PST (7pm EST).

:phone:

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I dont understand how everyones response to someone else to drop it yet they continue to fan the flames with sardonic responses.

The hypocrisy is so enjoyable.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I didn't have my lappy for a good two months, and once I got it back I made the idiotic mistake of jumping into ranked with a friend. HELLA rusty, tanked myself a good 200 ELO down to 1300's.
Just going Shyvana jungle and Tiger Udyr top. Body the other jungle, or body top lane. Become stupidly tanky, still deal far too much damage, gain elo.
Hopefully a few more games tonight and I'll get myself back to ~1450, and back to where I was in a day or two.

Who counters Shyvana jungle/Tiger Udyr top? I've been getting first or second pick like every game, and I just slam them down and lock in. Normally I would be a little more scared of being countered, but I just body whoever I'm up against.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Voyboy said no one counters udyr top in an interview. Lol

I find Kennen, teemo, Vladimir, and nid can give a top-udyr trouble.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shyvana requires you to know how to fight against being counter jungled. If the jungler can't bounce back then yea, you'll body them easy. Shyvana is shadowed by Mundo though. Mundo does the same as Shyvana but can gank. Though i would say Shyvana has better early level burst damage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends on what you mean by counter. A few characters bully him early on in lane since he's Melee/won't have much sustain.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'll have to give Mundo a go.
The thing I love about Shyvana was being able to ult into fights, or over walls to cut off paths of escape, and other nuances. Especially loved her ult after getting Randuins. Being able to jump in with Randuins and exhaust felt incredibly overbearing for the enemy carries. I would definitely miss that with Mundo, but I'll have to try him out in some norms.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Shyvana requires you to know how to fight against being counter jungled. If the jungler can't bounce back then yea, you'll body them easy. Shyvana is shadowed by Mundo though. Mundo does the same as Shyvana but can gank. Though i would say Shyvana has better early level burst damage.
Shyv is better at bullying vulnerable enemy junglers though. For example, she hard counters nautilus.

Mundo is probably overall better, but shyv has her uses.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I've been playing Ahri a bit, and am undecided on whether to run CDR boots or MPen. I've weighed the pros and cons of each, and have come here wondering if I might learn something from a better player or from someone more experienced with playing her.
I main ap mid and although I dont play ahri the most, I would say to just go for the sorc shoes on her. I played against an ahri a couple of days back and she got sorc shoes and a few dorans and was able to just ult at me and full-0 me as ap kennen mid. The sorc shoes will boost your early game damage by quite a bit and give you that ability to full-0 people if you land all your abilities.

You are probably going to be getting blue buff anyway which will give you plenty of cdr.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The answer is three kills but as you did not list that as a possible time to get angry, you never get to be angry at KSing supports again.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Does Vladimir **** Malzahar in lane or am I just terribad? I just went like 0/3 early game mid against a Vlad. His **** hurt me so much, and of course he just healed himself, especially once he got revolver.
And I could have sworn his autoattacks outranged mine, but the site says Malz has 550 while Vlad has 450. Either way, wtfdamageomgadfkljldf
Kept getting killed by his ult's delayed damage. I bought a QSS, but buying defensive **** always puts you back a lot of gold and then you're practically guaranteed to be behind the rest of the game :/

edit: and are any of you experienced Malz players? What are you supposed to do in mid? What's your skill order? I go like QEEWERE and then max W, and Q last. Am I supposed to harass with Q? It seems to do crappy damage, and has a huge mana cost early game. I always think of it as his silence rather than a damaging spell :x
malz should crush vlad mid
just max E and sit back pressing E and vlad dies eventually

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
malz should crush vlad mid
just max E and sit back pressing E and vlad dies eventually
I... tried. Anytime I hit him with E, he would just heal it back, and I would run out of mana because he doesn't have mana :/
I would always take more damage in trades and lose mana. I don't understand ;_;
I realize Malz should win 6+ but he won early game so hard that I couldn't catch up.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Don't spam skills so much. last hit with auto attacks only then.
I say the opposite. E minions and Q if Vlad tries to get close. He either backs off and has to deal with your pushing or takes the Q and maybe an E bounce to harass.

Always E your lane opponent (Don't chase past minions) when you have a Voidling as it gets it's first upgrade. Nobody wins that trade. If you need mana E+Q a wave and recall. You might miss a few CS but it's not so bad.

Lovage

Smash Hero
u shouldnt lose to vlad before lv 5 there's probably 700 things you could do better if you sat down and thought about it

D

Deleted member

malz was the old school counter to OLD vlad (malz did get hit with a nerf tho also)

idk how he fares vs post nerf/ re-buffed vlad but i think you might have just gotten outplayed/ not played aggressive when you had to

Coney

Smash Master
first thoughts on hecarim?

i've only played him top so far and dominated my first two games against a riven and akali but it didn't feel like a good representation of the matchup, so he feels unnaturally strong to me

i felt like he'd be a mediocre jungle but q has such a low mana cost and does so much damage AND REDUCES CD that it feels like he'd always win trades, unless he gets kited hard, but even then he's got an ms steroid to catch up

my reaction to level 1 cleaver:

level 2 cleaver:

level 3 cleaver:

holy **** that **** scales hard

idk tell me why he sucks

Sharky

Smash Master
so not complaining just pointing out the humorous, a nunu just raged at me for building ap cause I had 40 ap at the time.

guess what we just did in game before this...XD

edit: I was kog

Kira-

Smash Champion
Hey does anyone think that ur keyboard and mouse matter at all?

like if i bought a pro gaming mouse would it increase my potential at all

cause i use some extremely NOT gaming stuff and i think they are 10x better

except maybe my mouse could be better idk but my keyboard is king

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Hey does anyone think that ur keyboard and mouse matter at all?

like if i bought a pro gaming mouse would it increase my potential at all

cause i use some extremely NOT gaming stuff and i think they are 10x better

except maybe my mouse could be better idk but my keyboard is king
totally don't matter, use what's comfortable to you. I use a ****ty logitech keyboard and a slightly better logitech mouse that's just ergonomic for me.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Using a touchpad. Nice.

For the longest time I was using a 5 button Microsoft mouse. Once that finally started to cut out, I made the switch to a G500. Nice stuff.

Keyboard's a standard Microsoft one.

Top Bottom