• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
That laser bug has actually been around for a while, happens much less frequently than that, from my experience. Sometimes it does the damage while invisible, sometimes it doesn't do any at all :\

The bug he has that's really bad is the double ult bug, although I've personally never had it happen to me (since I guess I don't mash the R button when I cast).
Hm, I guess I just noticed since there aren't many viktor players. I didn't have replay on but I definitely remember it happening more often than not and I'm pretty sure it dealt damage every time.

:phone:

Tmacc

Smash Lord
If you get a mondo pull on blue buff and don't need smite it's pretty easy to just run to their red, and take it. Honestly that's just a pretty reliable play especially at lower levels whenever they try to take your red or if they just have a blue reliant jungle. Like nobody at my elo ever expects that kind of stuff... kinda sad how easy it is to get away with. If you have CV on your team than its just that much easier to stop invades and initiate them yourself.
Everytime I jungle against a blue dependent jungler, I go Mundo/Shy and get great blue pull then take their red...everytime. I don't think it's ever failed.
Then again, I'm only 1450, so people dont know what to do against it.
In fact, I don't really even know what their options would be to defend against it. Say they have Amumu or Skarner or someone I *suspect* typically starts wolves and blue, and they see me pick mundo or shy or Jarvin or something, what can they do to defend against a red steal? Basically early ward red?

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you're not taking their red immediately, they can have top/mid come down.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yep. Early ward Red.

I wonder if Lee Sin can do this as effectively as Shyv/Mundo.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Resolute Smite didn't really need to be, did it? At least for Top Galio, any champ that's based on HP Regen / sustain makes it virtually useless and a waste of mana to try to harass.

Dunno for the deal with Mid if MR is built. Support Galio bottom, maybe hurts the most, but no sustain vs an opposing team that has a healing support.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Veigar's Event Horizon is the best CC in the game Y/N?
For the most part, the baseline of champions has been steadily getting stronger and stronger (with some exceptions). However, they have done a pretty good job of not releasing champions that are straight up OP in a while.
Reminds me of pokemon. I could be wrong, but I feel like base stats for a lot of them have gone up over the generations.

If I see the jungler on the opposite side of the map, I usually invade the opposite jungler side to see if I can swipe some experience, but that's about as far as I go in terms of jungler invades (or if I'm super fed and they aren't, of course). The issue is that all of my junglers are feeble in comparison to Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyv, and all those ridiculously strong junglers (Sejuani, Rammus, Malphite, Mordekaiser, Yi, Poppy, mostly).
Poppy's a jungler? I had no idea, since people barely even play her. She looks kinda fun though, and only 450 IP...
Is she a decent jungler? I imagine her ganks look pretty strong especially after 6, but I have no idea how fast she is at jungling.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Veigar's Event Horizon is the best CC in the game Y/N?Reminds me of pokemon. I could be wrong, but I feel like base stats for a lot of them have gone up over the generations.
The best CC is situational, but it would probably an AOE CC like Galios/amumu/kennen ult.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The best CC is situational, but it would probably an AOE CC like Galios/amumu/kennen ult.
I think Veigar's is far more spammable though, and really good 1v1 and even better in teamfights.

Speaking of those ults, has anyone ever seen a (presumably) gimmicky teamcomp composer of massive AoE/ults? For example, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Gangplank, and Kennen or whatever?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Poppy's a god awful jungler compared to what you see commonly.
She's best as a top laner against other ADs imo. Gangplank, Tryndamere, Jax, and Ryze are all free wins for her. She can probably handle most characters so long as the jungler is able to help out with trades from time to time, but she loses CS-wise to pretty much every AP caster that goes top that isn't Ryze.

She also apparently wins vs. Riven, or something like that.

She COULD be played in any role that's not mid-lane though. You just gotta have the right masteries/runes. Her ganks are okay, but her jungle speed is on the slow side, and support Poppy does fine so long as your AD carry is ready to follow up on wall stuns and the like. Vayne/Poppy and Kog'Maw/Poppy have worked very well for me in the past. You NEED to get kills and assists though. Once you have PhilStone, Boots, and a Sheen, things really start to take off.

You could also do a cheese set up with Blitzcrank/Poppy or Alistar/Poppy, though I've had way, WAY more success with the former. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I remember I had a game were our team comp was Rammus, Leona, Galio, Amumu, and Singed.

Longest team fights ever. Longest Baron ever. Funnest game ever. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I remember I had a game were our team comp was Rammus, Leona, Galio, Amumu, and Singed.

Longest team fights ever. Longest Baron ever. Funnest game ever. :applejack:
CCs for days, Tanks for life. Those teamfights were pretty long, but chasing them down with 5 tanks with slows and skillshot grapples should've made our ****s even harder.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, a squirrel.
Also, Zac, that game made me fall asleep TWICE.

@Tom: Yeah. I'll do it again too. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

this was SO MUCH FUN

top against WW, started ruby crystal, killed him when he turret dived me because lol heal
used HoG for a while and eventually got Locket because why not? figure randuin's is better but whatever.
teamfight starts because i fling someone (or whatever)
activate locket
activate ult
activate surge
E
bite people

double kills all the time, their team gets melted, we won (even though it took a long time)

also got black cleaver instead of wit's end because again, why not :D

just looked at teammate's items. I'm sure WotA helped me stay alive, and black cleavers don't stack, do they? He shoulda gotten last whisper

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
those skins look weaboo and/or weird.

however, new item sounds intriguing, if real. chalice could use an upgrade :bee:?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Hahaha, Athene finally got his item! Neat. Also, I heard that Morello's Evil Tome now has a Grevious Wounds debuff active like Executioner's Calling does now.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just turned on sound and I hate the commentator's voice. Dude needs to blow his nose or something.

EDIT: That item is actually pretty good for tanky AP champs that have mana.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Looking at that stream at a glance, I say the team on the left has a better composition. Yes?

if that item is real, I'd totes get it on Karma

Vyke

Smash Champion
I just turned on sound and I hate the commentator's voice. Dude needs to blow his nose or something.
"InvaderZim playing KEEENEN *sniffs loudly*"

"YERICK!"

Guy must have a cold or something. I don't think he needs to announce who's playing what when it's listed. These guy's gotta get like... unbored. At least his co-caster does.

Jesus, this stream... I appreciate every other caster more now than I ever did before.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Zac, where in the world did you find these people?!

Poor Xypherous, no chances to speak against this battering train wreck of a caster.

Top Bottom