• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The Shen and Galio "nerfs" make me think that Riot is either trolling us or testing us to see how we react to stuff.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I just want to play the new archer... blarh1gh!

How hard is corki to learn/pick up? And do i NEED to learn urgot for my competitive lol team? I hate urgot but they insist I pick him up :(

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I find myself playing corki a lot like graves. High burst, good mobility, but more mana extensive compared to graves. He's also very slow, but his passive makes last hitting a breeze in lane.

I would also reccommend you to pick up Urgot zac. I think urgot is a very strong champion, it's crazy how much damage urgot does with just a brutalizer alone. He also counters many of the popular AD's and his ULT is great to start skirmishes. High utility, long range nuke, and respectable damage. See no reason not to pick him up.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You know who suck, people who ask what you are going to play then ban those champions to troll you. (Note: Champs banned were Leona Panth)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I find myself playing corki a lot like graves. High burst, good mobility, but more mana extensive compared to graves. He's also very slow, but his passive makes last hitting a breeze in lane.

I would also reccommend you to pick up Urgot zac. I think urgot is a very strong champion, it's crazy how much damage urgot does with just a brutalizer alone. He also counters many of the popular AD's and his ULT is great to start skirmishes. High utility, long range nuke, and respectable damage. See no reason not to pick him up.
Oh wow, so I didn't know what Corki's passive was, looked it up: "Hextech Shrapnel Shells - Corki's basic attacks deal 10% additional true damage to minions, monsters, and champions." Holy crap cow =O

Only reason for me not to play Urgot is cause I hate urgot.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Why take MF mid when you can take Annie? :bee:
idk I just wanna do something different. but I hate bot lane.

my Win rate for Annie mid lane as of now is like 90%. but my win rate with Annie as far as the whole game is like 50% I only know how to win my lane but I can't carry. lol

besides Malzahar is starting to become more fun than Annie to me anyway.

and I need to get around to playing orianna again.

Coney

Smash Master
sorry about *****ing so much in this thread in the past, i realize nobody cares about your league stories anyway, much less if you're all whiny about it

was having difficulty going top and losing easy **** like riven/vlad, so switched back to mid and been steadily climbing since

btw i'll ask again because there's been like no talk about him, what do people think of hecarim? jungle or top?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
First Galio's Q nerf, then Shen's ult nerf, and now Talon's W rank 1 is actually 50, not 20 mana.

What the hell.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
sorry about *****ing so much in this thread in the past, i realize nobody cares about your league stories anyway, much less if you're all whiny about it

was having difficulty going top and losing easy **** like riven/vlad, so switched back to mid and been steadily climbing since

btw i'll ask again because there's been like no talk about him, what do people think of hecarim? jungle or top?
I don't think he can keep up with the stronger top laners due to a pretty weak early game, but as a jungler he is pretty good, and has good ganks.

EDIT: I don't think Endless Variety would do too hot against HBJ, Dphat, from my personal experience playing with them. Still got quite a few kinks to work out.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
dphat when you taking me under your wing and raising your prodigy

jpak let me get those lessons

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Don't know why you're so bent out of shape, it's still speculation nothing confirmed, (except galio's stealth nerf), also shen's ult nerf already been confirmed not to be true and who care's about talon.
I'm bent out of shape because **** is all over the place. First Galio is nerfed the same patch as his legendary skin, then it's reverted, then Shen's ult nerf and Talon's buff were not true and not as awesome as thought, respectively. Like I said, I feel I'm being trolled.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
The advantage to running an Avarice setup is rather significant, but if the opening materials aren't valid then I guess the point is moot.

Still, is it really that important to have a specific early-game setup of runes/masteries? What do supports/bot laners usually run that makes them so much better at surviving bot lane?

I'm not trying to argue that I'm somehow secretly right and people should listen to me (I never do) I'm just curious for some of the reasons why a pendant start isn't as good as another start.

Tmacc

Smash Lord

I thought he was a really bad jungler at first, but after playing against a few good ones, I've realized that his ganks are super scary...

His mobility is crazy, too...he's so fast, and that allows him to control the jungle and lanes pretty effectively.

His initiate is pretty boss, too.

The main problem is people haven't really figured out how to build him to optimize his passive, in my opinion, but once they do I think he'll be a pretty solid pick all around.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I watched TheOddOne's view on Hecarim. He didn't like him too much.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think his problem is that he does mediocre damage early and mid. Only decent damage late because his scaling stat-wise is nice, but to do any damage at a relevant time with Q you need to be super ahead of everyone. Otherwise it hits like a wet noodle.

E is awesome, It's just hard to manuever for ganking when it knocks them away. W sustain is pretty amazing with a lot of AoE, and I think everyone knows his R is already fine. I think it's just Q that needs like 5-10 damage buff on every rank and a slight base armor boost... but that could just be because every top laner that dumps on him does ridiculous damage /w mobility anyway.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The advantage to running an Avarice setup is rather significant, but if the opening materials aren't valid then I guess the point is moot.

Still, is it really that important to have a specific early-game setup of runes/masteries? What do supports/bot laners usually run that makes them so much better at surviving bot lane?

I'm not trying to argue that I'm somehow secretly right and people should listen to me (I never do) I'm just curious for some of the reasons why a pendant start isn't as good as another start.
I guess is that it would be really dependent on how good the people you are playing react to the fact that you have no wards once they see them. I always check to see if wards have been bought. It just makes bot lane more likely to get ganked early. But if your team is willing to take that risk, or if your willing to take that risk in soloq, it could pay off. IMO though good warding wins a lot of soloq games for you (but that's more mid-late game than early).

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Even though I just started playing again after like 4 months off I went ahead and plunged right into ranked games. I hadn't played any ranked games in season 2 before now.

Had runs of wins and losses but lost twice in a row with the same person on my team who insisted on going Nunu mid and got wrecked both times. I reported him both times because he was clearly trolling (was a second account. Seems to be a lot of that around 1200). I think it's wrong to have to play a game with someone you just reported in the last game. Seems silly.

This game is pretty fun. When's the next inhouse?

Vyke

Smash Champion
We don't run those anymore. I can try to get something going, or someone else can, but there aren't usually enough people on at the same time and have the motivation to play as well. Could change if we schedule it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I guess is that it would be really dependent on how good the people you are playing react to the fact that you have no wards once they see them. I always check to see if wards have been bought. It just makes bot lane more likely to get ganked early. But if your team is willing to take that risk, or if your willing to take that risk in soloq, it could pay off. IMO though good warding wins a lot of soloq games for you (but that's more mid-late game than early).
You sir, we need to run lane practice. Soon.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
We don't run those anymore. I can try to get something going, or someone else can, but there aren't usually enough people on at the same time and have the motivation to play as well. Could change if we schedule it.
I have a group of friends that I play with almost every night. It's usually about 6-7 of us: Me, Coney, Noid, Aposl, Kenny + 2-3 others depending on who is on.

We actually scrimmaged jpak, NKB, Dojo, and some other dudes and got pooped on. :urg:

Top Bottom