• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's actually harder to get everything, because the people have to get to level 10 in order to get rewards, and that takes a lot longer.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Is the huge new issue. Basically they stopped it being effective to smurf.
I knew smurfing was better but I wish I realized how much better it was before I clicked on the Referral 2.0 link. Currently I just want IP and would have been all over that smurfing.

It's still shorter to get 25 10's than 350 5's.
You need 7.2 times the experience to get to level 10 than you do for level 5. So that is faster, but you are also mismatching rewards. 25 in the new system is Grey Warwick, in the old system that was 50 which would take significantly shorter. Medieval Twitch is 50 in the new system and 350 in the old system. Overall game time again favors the old system.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Oh, I only got to look at that new system once and clicked on keep the old, my bad.

Well if you're actually referring people that are playing the game new system is way better, but if you're smurfing looks like old is still where its at.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Seems pretty unrealistic. Who would actually be able to refer 150 friends, and have them reach level 10 or whatever? :\

Are rune pages almost always 9 identical runes for each rune color? I have an assortment of semi-random bull**** for each rune color, but when I see runepage examples they're usually 9, 9, 9, and various for quints. I'm gonna fix it when I hit 30 I guess.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Are rune pages almost always 9 identical runes for each rune color? I have an assortment of semi-random bull**** for each rune color, but when I see runepage examples they're usually 9, 9, 9, and various for quints. I'm gonna fix it when I hit 30 I guess.
Generally, yes, there are exceptions, however. Generally if there is an ideal rune for a rune slot you should maximize that and get 9 of that ideal rune. there are exceptions, sometimes you will see junglers with only some armor pen and the rest atk speed. They often do this to get just enough arP to do true damage to creeps early and then the rest atk spd to make them jungle faster.

Good rune'ing helps for sure, but isn't as important early as it is as opponents get better and better.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Seems pretty unrealistic. Who would actually be able to refer 150 friends, and have them reach level 10 or whatever? :\

Total Biscuit?

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. 100ish smurfs all level 5, except one that's level 30.

The 70 ip boosts are from before they changed the referral system. If I read correctly, they don't take away already-redeemed rewards.
:phone:

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
You'd get grey WW if you get 50 smurfs to 5 underthe old system.

The new system rewards 250 ip for level 5 and 500 for level 10.
Grey WW at 25 level 10 smurfs.

The quickest way to get grey WW is use the old system until you're at 50 referrals, redeem, then switch and redeem your 12.5k IP.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Sorry kevin, I never rage at people on my team, that one time I forgot you were taric and I feel really really bad about it. Other than that ggs to you ad asdioh, Sorry I wasn't able to capitalize my lead in lane in any meaningful way in the transition to midgame. Either of you have advice on that?

And sorry for trying to give you advice, I didn't realize you were smurfing. Just when I played only jungle and support for 100 games I forgot how to cs and was trying to save others the experience.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah. 100ish smurfs all level 5, except one that's level 30.

The 70 ip boosts are from before they changed the referral system. If I read correctly, they don't take away already-redeemed rewards.
All of my smurfs got deleted and I was only able to redeem 1 :\ I also had 100+ at level 5. Where is all my IP!? I guess I'll have to send a support ticket.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've already sent a support ticket, and I'll give you a heads up if something goes awry Juan.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sorry kevin, I never rage at people on my team, that one time I forgot you were taric and I feel really really bad about it. Other than that ggs to you ad asdioh, Sorry I wasn't able to capitalize my lead in lane in any meaningful way in the transition to midgame. Either of you have advice on that?
idk

remember when vayne and veigar were ***holes? next game, we got another veigar and vayne, but the vayne was the BIGGEST ******* EVER

so you didn't miss anything :(

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lol faithkeeper are you talking about when I went and 1 v 1'd their teemo? Didn't matter I just figure you didn't see my items.

We'll play more later!

Niko45

Smash Master
wow god damn corki carries harder than a mother****er too.

It's almost as if with every new AD I pick up I slowly realize graves is kinda fake.

john!

Smash Hero
smurfing was a HUGE problem at low levels and i have zero respect for people who spam new accounts just for rewards. you think it's more fun to stomp newbies than to play a challenging game on your main account? get a job, get paid, and buy RP instead of wasting your time polishing your ego by wrecking new players. that's pathetic.

yeah it sounds harsh, but someone needs to say it, and apparently i'm the "uncomfortable truth teller" in this thread so i might as well do it.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
smurfing was a HUGE problem at low levels and i have zero respect for people who spam new accounts just for rewards. you think it's more fun to stomp newbies than to play a challenging game on your main account? get a job, get paid, and buy RP instead of wasting your time polishing your ego by wrecking new players. that's pathetic.

yeah it sounds harsh, but someone needs to say it, and apparently i'm the "uncomfortable truth teller" in this thread so i might as well do it.
Oh please. You look almost as pathetic whining about it.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Uncomfortable truth teller tells false stories about his solo q adventures:
"OH MAN my team was so bad. Impossible to carry these baddies. i've lost 100 elo in my past 12 games or so, jesus ****ing christ why are people so bad" (Checked match history http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/johnlol.png/)
"I'm stuck in arrange 5 mindset" (hundreds of solo que games played, not on a team)

Hmmm not calling you a liar or anything....

john!

Smash Hero
^ since when is k/d/a a perfect indicator of how well you did in a game? i already told you that my scores were best or second best on my team for all those games.

and are you going to address my post? probably not; nobody in this thread has ever properly refuted anything i've said, and i expect that to continue.

John, why do you do this to yourself? :applejack:
human psychology fascinates me :fluttershy:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
smurfing was a HUGE problem at low levels and i have zero respect for people who spam new accounts just for rewards.
Have a job, have plenty of disposable income. Doesn't change the fact that the most time efficient use of your time for grinding IP is to smurf.

^ since when is k/d/a a perfect indicator of how well you did in a game?
my scores were best or second best on my team for all those games.
Fact is you're losing consistently and the only common factor in all of your games is you. You're probably ok, but not anywhere near as great as you think you are.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
have a job, have plenty of disposable income. Doesn't change the fact that the most time efficient use of your time for grinding ip is to smurf.

Fact is you're losing consistently and the only common factor in all of your games is you. You're probably ok, but not anywhere near as great as you think you are.
uncomfortable truth speaker!!!

john!

Smash Hero
i'm not losing consistently anymore. dphat cherry picked 5 games that i did poorly in among 50+ games of relatively good scores despite a 25% win rate

have you ever gotten a bad score despite the fact that a loss wasn't your fault? it happens to everyone. the enemy gets fed off other lanes and then targets you.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hard to post replays of lies.
Speaking of lies, Dphat when I figure out wtf is wrong with my connection I want to try and scrim again. I literally couldnt stop myself from running into bottom and feeding. My ping was double or worse the whole game, made me cry :(

I still don't know what's causing it... I have 4 other roommates, shuz moved in, maybes it him? XD

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok, so yesterday I bought Mejai's for the 1st time ever.

Never really felt confident in buying it early to get all those stacks.

It was amazing.

I bought it after getting 1st blood on Ahri mid, then came back into my pushed lane and me and Mundo ganked Ahri(Did the same in another game against Katarina except I didn't get FB before hand)

Is this a good strategy?

As in buying a book the 2nd time you buy(After building Sorc boots) and then insta ganking your lane if it's pushed?

I did it twice yesterday with jungle Mundo ganking for me to secure the 1st stacks and those 2 games were some of the best I have done.

Went bot lane straight after with Mundo and picked up 4 more stacks in the 1st game, I was doing so much damage after that.

Went 16/4/17 and 16/3/12.

Also, do all the pros smartcast all their spells?

I only have my Q set to it as Brand, but I've noticed it's a million times better this way.

I might set my E to smartcast also and start getting used to that too.

Not ready to smartcast pillar yet I don't think.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
i'm not losing consistently anymore. dphat cherry picked 5 games that i did poorly in among 50+ games of relatively good scores despite a 25% win rate

have you ever gotten a bad score despite the fact that a loss wasn't your fault? it happens to everyone. the enemy gets fed off other lanes and then targets you.
I cherry picked? I literally went to your match history and took a screen shot of the first 5 games you played (if I did one of all 10 games it would of looked far worst). I don't understand where you get off calling other people "bad" when you yourself didn't do exceptionally well. Maybe if you had 3:1 KDA's and your team lost then that's understandable, but in numerous games you lost you have 0 assists (meaning you probably stayed in your lane the entire time while you could of been helping other lanes).

Anyways, whenever I post a rude remark, I expect people to respond accordingly. I don't know why you're so surprised that people respond back to your posts in such a manner.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
We can play again whenever, I probably won't be streaming cause I was having lag issues as well.
Nah man, wolves are just OP. <3

Yeah, that was it kevin, good to see I didn't cause any harm, I suppose I didn't see your items cuz I'm a baddy. I was just like "wtf? support vs ad carry? is he crazy?" my bad.

Hope to play more.

S2J! when you win lane with cho gath what do you do to make your lead bigger? I kill singed and get up 10 cs despite their jungle try to gank me twice and ours ganked other lanes (no real problems there, but it's why I didn't win by more cs). but after laning it didn't even seem like I won lane because singed seemed to be stronger in fights despite losing. (I used 0/21/9 and had mercs, BV, doran's ring, and glacial shroud)

Top Bottom