• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Nuking them for 35% of their HP post resist sounds immensely boring.
6th items DFG + Void staff, uh that combos so well and it also combos well with wota... lmfao i see no reason for nuking them for 300 at level 6, when you can potentially nuke them for 1200 when they're itemed out. I never saw a need for an early DFG, imo it's better bought late game.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
6th items DFG + Void staff, uh that combos so well and it also combos well with wota... lmfao i see no reason for nuking them for 300 at level 6, when you can potentially nuke them for 1200 when they're itemed out. I never saw a need for an early DFG, imo it's better bought late game.
wait the damage from DFG is affected by wota?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Hey Juan

Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting me about Refer-A-Friend 2.0. We are aware of the issues that some of our players have been experiencing, which you can read about in this Knowledge Base article:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21330991-recent-refer-a-friend-2-0-issues

You can also find general Refer-A-Friend 2.0 info here:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21353847-general-refer-a-friend-2-0-information

I hope that these articles have answered your questions, and assure you that we are fully aware of these issues and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible.

I will now be closing your ticket. As I’m sure you can imagine, we have received a very large number of tickets about these issues, and as such are working to correct everyone’s issues through large-scale fixes as opposed to on an individual basis. Your issue will most likely be corrected automatically in the coming days, so please wait at least 72 hours before submitting another ticket. If you are still experiencing issues in 72 hours, please make your new ticket’s subject as clear as possible.

Thank you so much for your patience as we works towards completely resolving these issues, and in the meantime good luck on the Fields of Justice!
Basically something they did broke it for everyone, wait a bit and I'll ticket again after that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it is. I don't see why any mana champions wouldn't want to invest in it, especially those that are more spammy, or if your blues are getting taken.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I tried AS on hit Lulu and it was so funny playing Lulu like that. She has an amazing attack annimation and slow lets her get many hits in.. Instant cast attack that basically resets her auto.

bassem6

Smash Lord
the point isn't to open with E in that situation, though...in most situations you open with E to get extra damage from pillar

but if they're escaping and you have rylais, you can usually reach with the edge of pillar because of the range. this slows them into position to E, then stun them, and hopefully your team can follow up from there.

and even if they're not...if you're at the point in the game where you can get rylais (usually after sorc boots, two/three dorans and rab's), and they're running away from you alone, you can burst them down with your next cycle and/or continually keep them slowed despite your CDs

tbh i build rylais on most everyone though so i'm prob a bit skewed, i love that ****
Brand is my most played champ in solo q. I used to just do 2 dorans into rabadons/revolver depending on what was needed. However, after messing aroung with rylais a bunch, I now do 1-2 dorans into rylais and it works really well. Rylais makes landing your combo a lot easier and its really good for catching people and aoe slowing people. I consider it core on brand.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno if they changed it, but Rylai's used to tick on Brand's passive as well. If that's still the case, it would look like an obvious staple somewhere in his build.

As for Void Staff/Abyssal, you can get both but you're usually better off spending gold on 1 item for pen and being done. You can do Sorc Boots + 1 M Pen item but that should be it. After Boots and staple **** like Death Cap Wota etc, you're probably fighting for room or missing out on Wota/Rylai's/some other good item just to have Abyssal and Void. So don't do it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

Ahahaha.
Late night at work, got home wanted to play one game before going to bed.
Two AFK's at the start, thought that my ****ty night because of work just got ****tier, and I was going to have no fun on my only game of the day.
Sometimes the world just tosses you a bone though.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's just completely broken currently, claims I have 4 completed referrals. You don't have to change to the new system although you can if you really want to I guess. If you intend to make smurfs in the future better to stay on old, if you never will again might as well switch over.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Poppy, Graves bot lane, Lee Sin top, Ahri mid, and Shyv jungle.
We had absolutely NO WAY to go in on the other team. It was the most boring loss I've ever experienced.

Mundo, Kayle, Cait, Soraka, and Udyr on the other end, btw. :applejack:

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Fizz counters mao in lane hard.

DFG applies Rylai's slow too and heals from spell vamp. I'm curious if it would do things like apply brand's passive or give morde shield.

Espy you had a poppy on your team. There's no way you should lose. Best champ in the game lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can't go in on Soraka Cait with Poppy Graves. They regen much faster than you do, and with wards in the bushes for most of the lane phase, I had no chance of getting in without sacrificing 1/4th my bar before dealing any type of damage. Graves was also too far away to contribute most of the time, and it was tough getting him to go in with me.

Like, I was just stuck in the bushes for 20 minutes. It was the worst thing ever.

Also, lost another game. That feel when you absolutely demolish your top lane 7/0, your jungler outjungles the **** of their jungler, and then you watch as your team decides to give them 8 consecutive kills and see their jungler carry the **** out of the entire team.

This game sometimes... :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
I'm starting to enjoy losing.
if you keep playing during a losing streak, you end up slowly descending into madness, then hysteria. after a while you stop getting mad at your team... all you can do anymore is curse the gods, then laugh in their face!

...well that's a slight exaggeration, but take it from me... just stop playing after losing a few in a row.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trap team didn't go as planned. :<
This looks like another one of those "lose ten games in a row" weekends again. :applejack:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So in my AP mid build should I build a DFG 1st if they haven't started building uber MR yet?

I never really thought too much about not needing to buy void staff because they don't have MR.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
So in my AP mid build should I build a DFG 1st if they haven't started building uber MR yet?

I never really thought too much about not needing to buy void staff because they don't have MR.
I think you mean "Should I build DFG before Void if they haven't started buliding uber MR".

And that's certainly a possibility. Especially if your playing vs a tanky hp team (like 2-champs with warmogs/frozen mallet). The only 2 champs I'm aware of who really rush DFG as a 1st major item are Veigar/Leblanc.

I've always been curious on my 6th item on AP mid sometimes when I know I haven't been focused in the last few fights. Having a DFG could be the difference when trying to stop the bruisers from diving your AD carry, especially if you have a completed build.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You could go Kage's lucky pick for a gp5 but rushing dfg sets back your damage early game compared to getting more AP. Also dfg range isn't long, so pokey champs don't work well with it. (for laning phase that is)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Reaaally excited for the new item

Cdr + mana for kills + more MR?

+1 galio

Yes please :D
Nautilus, Amumu, and Maokai are excited. I wonder if this will give them more carry potential.

1.) After boots/philo/hog you can go into Athene if you're doing really well.
2.) Otherwise, go into a defensive item first.

I've found that even if I do well with those champions I still have to rely way too heavily on my team. AD Junglers can have Wits End which helps carry immnesely. AP Junglers get Athene!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I can't find anything conclusive through google, so I'll ask here: how is Ahri vs Vlad? (I'm the Ahri). He seems really resistant to ganks, and it seems like after he gets his revolver, I can't quite poke him unless I'm GOING to kill him. Seems like an all-or-nothing?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Those games where for some reason the other team doesn't have a jungler so your jungler decides to play top lane too instead of jungle..

the buffs... never given *sadface*

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
In that case just tell your jungler to give you like the 1st blue mid or 1st red bot.

Having the 1st blue mid is retardedly good.

You can farm with abilities......under their turret.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Those games where for some reason the other team doesn't have a jungler so your jungler decides to play top lane too instead of jungle..

the buffs... never given *sadface*
That's a jungler's paradise.

As a jungler I just tell top: "Build Cloth Armor + 5. Get heavy sustain and turret hug all day." Sometimes they do it. Other times they start boots, die three times, lose turret in 5 minutes, and say, "omg our jungler sucks".

Top Bottom