• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

TheLake

Smash Master
Just post replays

In fact we should have a

AWSOME REPLAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winner gets to 1 v 1 mogwais amumu

annnd...GO!

john!

Smash Hero
I cherry picked? I literally went to your match history and took a screen shot of the first 5 games you played (if I did one of all 10 games it would of looked far worst). I don't understand where you get off calling other people "bad" when you yourself didn't do exceptionally well. Maybe if you had 3:1 KDA's and your team lost then that's understandable, but in numerous games you lost you have 0 assists (meaning you probably stayed in your lane the entire time while you could of been helping other lanes).

Anyways, whenever I post a rude remark, I expect people to respond accordingly. I don't know why you're so surprised that people respond back to your posts in such a manner.
...yet you completely ignore the times i go 0W/8L with corki despite a good k/d/a... or the fact that i lose half my games last week with an 8/3/7 average... or any other time i post about a discrepancy between my performance and my team's performance. you even ignore the fact that i outperformed you in our own games together. you ARE cherry picking.

anyway, this may be of interest to mogwai:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2062614

D

Deleted member

Nah man, wolves are just OP. <3

Yeah, that was it kevin, good to see I didn't cause any harm, I suppose I didn't see your items cuz I'm a baddy. I was just like "wtf? support vs ad carry? is he crazy?" my bad.

Hope to play more.

S2J! when you win lane with cho gath what do you do to make your lead bigger? I kill singed and get up 10 cs despite their jungle try to gank me twice and ours ganked other lanes (no real problems there, but it's why I didn't win by more cs). but after laning it didn't even seem like I won lane because singed seemed to be stronger in fights despite losing. (I used 0/21/9 and had mercs, BV, doran's ring, and glacial shroud)
terrible masteries build order GG

=

in general you should feast them more often if they will not sustain through it, chogaths feast is falcons knee

==

if you **** singed in lane he is pretty much screwed and you can have your way witih him/ kiling him repeatedly or forcing him out of lane, but I do 21/9/0, boots/dorans/philo --> blasting --> abyssal --> shurelyas

if you want to keep farming singed, after each kill or b farm past the tower but do not kill top tower until you are satisfied with the amount of farming you have done

just know that singed will farm like 15 minutes longer top and then be back to his old self, but in those 15 minutes you can roam/ do drag help everyone else

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Ok, so yesterday I bought Mejai's for the 1st time ever.

Never really felt confident in buying it early to get all those stacks.

It was amazing.

I bought it after getting 1st blood on Ahri mid, then came back into my pushed lane and me and Mundo ganked Ahri(Did the same in another game against Katarina except I didn't get FB before hand)

Is this a good strategy?

As in buying a book the 2nd time you buy(After building Sorc boots) and then insta ganking your lane if it's pushed?

I did it twice yesterday with jungle Mundo ganking for me to secure the 1st stacks and those 2 games were some of the best I have done.

Went bot lane straight after with Mundo and picked up 4 more stacks in the 1st game, I was doing so much damage after that.

Went 16/4/17 and 16/3/12.

Also, do all the pros smartcast all their spells?

I only have my Q set to it as Brand, but I've noticed it's a million times better this way.

I might set my E to smartcast also and start getting used to that too.

Not ready to smartcast pillar yet I don't think.
TBH mejai's in high level game is considered BM (bad mannered). It's like you're looking down on the other team, while it's fine in low level games, I've played a lot of solo que where the total # of kills is in the single digits. IMO mejais isn't a good purchase, you're honestly better off getting a hextech revolver, especially on ahri.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wasn't aware there were manners in the LoL community. Is it mostly at high ranks?

I say "glhf" they say "f*** you"

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok man thanks, I guess it makes sense.

Higher level players WOULD focus you down if they saw that I reckon.

So you think buy the gun 1st eh?

Do I rush WoTA then, or build the hat or rylais depending on how I'm doing, then finish WoTA?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Well what champion are you playing? I'm assuming it's ahri?
This is my standard build order on ahri
Boots + Health Pots
2 D-rings (should have it around 6 mintues with ~35-45 cs, I purchase the d-ring since ahri ult does put her in a vulnerable spot if you're going for a kill so extra HP is always nice)
Revolver > Either Rylai's or Wota (depends on how you're doing)
And from there I usually purchase an abyssal scepter or Zhonya's Hour Glass. If you're doing extremely well you can just make a death cap but I rarely see myself purchasing that since Ahri AP ratio's are mediocre.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I tend to shoot for WoTA, especially if top lane on my team also happens to be an AP Champ.
Gun is also generally safer on Ahri than Mejais, I'd think. You won't get punched as hard in the **** if you screw up with gun over mejais, either. :applejack:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well what champion are you playing? I'm assuming it's ahri?
This is my standard build order on ahri
Boots + Health Pots
2 D-rings (should have it around 6 mintues with ~35-45 cs, I purchase the d-ring since ahri ult does put her in a vulnerable spot if you're going for a kill so extra HP is always nice)
Revolver > Either Rylai's or Wota (depends on how you're doing)
And from there I usually purchase an abyssal scepter or Zhonya's Hour Glass. If you're doing extremely well you can just make a death cap but I rarely see myself purchasing that since Ahri AP ratio's are mediocre.
No I was playing Brand.

I usually buy boots and pots>dorans>another dorans or sorc boots depending.

Then I go Rylais if I'm taking to much damage or the hat if I'm already doing well.

I only rush WoTA against champs I'll need sustain against (Morgana)

Then Void staff and Abyssal as my last 2.

Lovage

Smash Hero
wow god damn corki carries harder than a mother****er too.

It's almost as if with every new AD I pick up I slowly realize graves is kinda fake.

:phone:

naw dog graves is ****ing filthy

I wasn't aware there were manners in the LoL community. Is it mostly at high ranks?

I say "glhf" they say "f*** you"
thats hella funny i'd probably do the same thing

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Having both Void and Abyssal is redundant. You're lowering the value of both items if you're purchasing both of them. Anyways your build looks fine, but I don't feel like brand utilize rylai's efficiently (he's very high burst and his spells got a relatively long cooldowns). I think rylai's best used on champions that can rapidly cast spells (like Ahri and such).

Coney

Smash Master
rylai's mostly good so you can E a fleeing opponent and get the stun free...and the health is nice too. creates cool vaccuums with his ult too

I make it a core item usually but I understand why you wouldn't want to

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The range on brands E sucks though :/ if you are in range to e you can probably get the stun off easily regardless unless there are creeps in your way.

john!

Smash Hero
Having both Void and Abyssal is redundant. You're lowering the value of both items if you're purchasing both of them. Anyways your build looks fine, but I don't feel like brand utilize rylai's efficiently (he's very high burst and his spells got a relatively long cooldowns). I think rylai's best used on champions that can rapidly cast spells (like Ahri and such).
this is incorrect; flat pen and % pen can compound to output damage greater than the sum of their parts.

this is worth noting for everyone: do NOT feel the need to sell your flat pen once you buy last whisper/void staff!

for example, let's take a 1000 damage spell vs. 200 magic resist

normal damage:
enemy mr = 200
1000*(1-200/300) = 333 damage

damage with void staff:
enemy mr = 200*.6 = 120
1000*(1-120/220) = 455 damage (333+122)

damage with abyssal/sorcs:
enemy mr = 200-40 = 160
1000*(1-160/260) = 385 damage (333+52)

damage with void staff and abyssal/sorcs:
enemy mr = (200-40)*.6 = 96
1000*(1-96/196) = 510 damage (333+177) > (333+122+52)

the items don't always reduce each other's value... in fact, in some situations, they synergize with each other

your Fact Of The Day from john ;)

Coney

Smash Master
The range on brands E sucks though :/ if you are in range to e you can probably get the stun off easily regardless unless there are creeps in your way.
the point isn't to open with E in that situation, though...in most situations you open with E to get extra damage from pillar

but if they're escaping and you have rylais, you can usually reach with the edge of pillar because of the range. this slows them into position to E, then stun them, and hopefully your team can follow up from there.

and even if they're not...if you're at the point in the game where you can get rylais (usually after sorc boots, two/three dorans and rab's), and they're running away from you alone, you can burst them down with your next cycle and/or continually keep them slowed despite your CDs

tbh i build rylais on most everyone though so i'm prob a bit skewed, i love that ****

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The point isn't so much that it doesn't increase your damage output, of course it will increase your damage output. It just makes it less worth the gold you invested because flat penn/mr reduction gives a lower base for void staff to reduce.

Which basically means you'll get more damage output overall most of the time by putting your money into something else.

Depends on the situation of course.

john!

Smash Hero
The point isn't so much that it doesn't increase your damage output, of course it will increase your damage output. It just makes it less worth the gold you invested because flat penn/mr reduction gives a lower base for void staff to reduce.

Which basically means you'll get more damage output overall most of the time by putting your money into something else.

Depends on the situation of course.
that's what i thought for a while, but it's actually better than that.

it turns out that if (in this case) if you spend X gold to give your spell X' more damage, and Y gold to give your spell Y' more damage, then spending X+Y gold will give your spell MORE than X'+Y' additional damage. so it's like getting free gold/free damage

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's amazing how I'm almost level 30 and, even though it took ****ing forever, I still feel like I don't know anything.
For example, I just laned against Udyr for the first time and realized how ridiculous he is. I wasn't really dying to him, but I couldn't do anything to him. Shields, stun, life/mana steal, he can completely ignore me :(

Vyke

Smash Champion
I love Rylai on Brand first in a lot of situations. Idk, I thought I felt like a nub and then I saw that Scarra liked to rush it and felt a bit better. But I hardly play brand that much, so I'm not really an expert. He said he built it to land guaranteed combo.

Haunting Guise was reverted, apparently too op on PBE.

D

Deleted member

I grab mejais vs bad opponents very good strat if they suck

I bought it every game as old kassadin in season 1

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
that's what i thought for a while, but it's actually better than that.

it turns out that if (in this case) if you spend X gold to give your spell X' more damage, and Y gold to give your spell Y' more damage, then spending X+Y gold will give your spell MORE than X'+Y' additional damage. so it's like getting free gold/free damage
except they don't stack multiplicatively because mr reduction and spell penn goes first.

Looking at it, the damage increase is definately non-trivial, even at 100 MR you're still looking at about 100 damage increase which you can't really replicate except with about 30 more ap at about a 3.33 ap ratio on your full burst. So, basically subbing an hourglass in there.

At the same time, this is looking at pure damage and doesn't consider the utility that you can out of other items. For example, WOTA for sustained casters, rylia's slow, lich-bane's ap on AA, etc. Most casters are probably gonna get more utility out of only building 1 even if their damage isn't quite so high.

Off the top of my head, probably the character that would benefit most from this would be leblanc whose total burst AP ratio is 3.44. If they're building some mr (like their carries are building QSS or banshees) it becomes efficent and you should go for it.

Keep in mind though, the range for abyssal is only 1000 which makes it pretty useless on xerath for example.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Having both Void and Abyssal is redundant. You're lowering the value of both items if you're purchasing both of them.
But it'd still be worth it to get both if you don't have anything else to buy, right? Like, if your build is Boots2, DC, Rylai's, Zhonya's, and Void Staff, there might not be an item that gives you as much more damage as Abyssal. Of course, you might be better off building something like Frozen Heart or BV or GA for tankiness, but for pure damage, wouldn't Abyssal be best in this situation?

Top Bottom