• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sharky

Smash Master
10/6 with malzahar now, he's definitely my new fav character, maybe I can pull myself back over 1200 with him. Multi-kills with his e da bess. XD

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You really dont want to sit in the jungle though... that's not how junglers work. Having two jungles merely gives you extra buffs, makes your mid/bot a bit safer, and hurts top lane if they arent prepared.

jpak

Smash Lord
no release date yet just beta weekend starts today at noon pacific if you prepurchase
play on server sorrow furnace to play with me :)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You really dont want to sit in the jungle though... that's not how junglers work. Having two jungles merely gives you extra buffs, makes your mid/bot a bit safer, and hurts top lane if they arent prepared.
Def. When that happens I just jungle sideways.

- Their blue, my red. Gank.
- Give my blue to mid. Refresh red. Gank.

Top has to be someone really tanky to make it work, tho'. And they can't be dudders.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i prefer blind pick for soloQ because it's way faster, but freaking shaco free week = shaco jungler EVERY TIME

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I dislike blind pick in general. I like being able to counterpick lanes/team compositions. Also, people don't auto-lock roles, and are generally more willing do play any role in draft. I've just had a much better experience with draft normals than blinds. Also I like playing against jungle shaco, at least in arranged 5s, if he doesn't get ganks he doesn't do anything after laning phase.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I just play and loss 90% of the time cause of Pre-mades on other side while some other lane feeds a bit and it snowballs to the team never surrendering as they start picking us off one by one.

It's actually fun finding the *******s in the community. Since people always brag when they win.

Omni

BRoomer
I dislike blind pick in general. I like being able to counterpick lanes/team compositions. Also, people don't auto-lock roles, and are generally more willing do play any role in draft. I've just had a much better experience with draft normals than blinds. Also I like playing against jungle shaco, at least in arranged 5s, if he doesn't get ganks he doesn't do anything after laning phase.
I do, too, but I've come into too many Draft Picks where people dodge at the last moment. Then I'm like, "Man... I want those 10 minutes of time back in my life."

Omni

BRoomer
How do I stop the other team when they have my entire jungle lit up with wards?
Extra question: What if we are already losing and can't afford oracles?
- What point is it in the game?
- What role are you playing?
- Depends on who their enemy jungler is and who your jungler is.
- Depends on which towers are up.

Either way, if your jungle is looking like Christmas and no one can afford an oracle then you have to stick to lanes if you want to play safe. You can place defensive wards at the entrances of your jungle to keep track of who is coming in and out of your jungle, but this is risky going into your jungle without vision. Going to have to the map awareness i.e. if someone is pushing top lane and someone is pushing bot lane and you saw a glimmer of some champion mid there's a slim chance there's a two man group waiting to gank you upon arrival.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why do I always lose to Vlad in lane?! I just played Karma 'cause I haven't played her in a while, got first blood against Vlad, outfarmed him at first, but once he got his ult it was always ignite+ult = gg I'm dead. I got QSS but it was too late :|
And our level 5 Udyr was like "is that a new champ" to me >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Because you are Karma. Imo she loses to healers because her burst cycle is on too long of a cooldown (and not high enough in damage), and they can just regen.

Had someone pick Karma against Swain in ranked and after a certain point she couldn't do anything to him :\

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's true. Just played against a Kat (imo one of her worst matchups) and while I managed to get the highest CS in the game, I couldn't do anything to her in lane after the first couple levels. I feel like Karma's really strong around level 3-4 against most champs but after that she falls off quickly if she isn't getting kills. I was also trying an Archangel's build but it's WAY too expensive. Getting AA and deathcap alone is well over 6000 gold, plus boots, and then there's the fact that Karma desperately needs CDR. I'm not gonna try that again on her :/

I think a good build for her is something like DFG/CDR boots/Deathcap/maybe abyssal or something. WotA is usually suggested on her, but I don't really see how it's helpful because all her spells are AoE?

Karma is so gimpy. I hope that rework comes soon, because if I play some champ that's actually good, like Ahri, I might like it :[

edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/next-patch-full-release-spectator-mode sounds good

john!

Smash Hero
spectator mode looks extremely well done.

a huge step forward for league's competitive scene IMO

in fact, i bet riot stepped up their development on spectator mode because of the new MOBAs coming out

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Legit. This is one of the best features of DotA 2 and it's good to see Riot finally put that stuff into use. Hopefully their directed camera is as good.

Now I'll have stuff to do when I'm bored/multitasking my studying :p

Coney

Smash Master
that's really cool! i hope there's a function to have it work between games, though...i like background noise while i sleep, so if i could put on a featured match, put off all HUD and have it jump from featured game to featured game, i'd be in heaven

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Got myself back up to ~1450 with Graves.
That early Q burst is just so brutal when you have any form of aggression from jungle/support/mid.

Omni

BRoomer
Also, the new implementation of this Spectator Mode means that I'll probably be playing games myself less and less. o_o

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, if you play less you're less likely to have Shens named RadrTrollDenHelp that overextend and get killed and ***** at your whole team all game while having a negative K/D :mad:

didn't even get to report him because pvpnet client is the glitchiest POS ever and always* crashes after a game.

*sometimes.

Omni

BRoomer
So, like, I seriously need a FRAPS like thing for Mac.

Edit: Oh, wait. Crap. Totally forgot about Mac client being gone. I've been using my Mac solely as a PC for LoL. Don't remember the last time I switched over...

Omni

BRoomer
I'm aiming to be the most entertaining black guy shoutcaster. Let's do 'dis.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i'm convinced that the best way to lane vs kass solo mid is to run your AD carry runes and auto attack him to death levels 1-5
Works so well with Annie and Anivia and their 600 range.

Its about time they added spectator mode :| now waiting for friends to come put of their games is easier

Top Bottom