• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So the SWF LoL tournament begins...

I must've missed the hint of a new Shaco skin, but I can't seem to find it. Looks like we have to do something in order to get it.

jpak

Smash Lord
i thinktaric is the easiest support, rest arent that easy to play well with

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
what I learned yesterday

My Teemo Sucks now. Lol

Blitz/Alistar lane is lulzy.

and

In the New Kirby game for Wii they have an ablity called spear kirby and all of his moves Look Like Pantheon Moves so I call him Pantheon Kirby

only thing he is missing is the Stun Jump (he's got that ult though!)

solecalibur

Smash Master
i thinktaric is the easiest support, rest arent that easy to play well with
You have yet to play Sona my friend

Also noticed a trend lately or just my elo level, that ppl will support but not buy wards with support and just work on there support build -.-

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
My general strategy is to get 2-3 gold per 10 and boots 2.

After that every time you go back you should leave with 5 wards. Any excess money goes into further support items.

Nuris

Smash Lord
i think anyone who thinks sona is super easy to play is misunderestimating how useful her passive can be

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Also noticed a trend lately or just my elo level, that ppl will support but not buy wards with support and just work on there support build -.-
I wasn't aware that ****ty supports not buying wards was a new phenomenon

jpak

Smash Lord

Yeah I've never played Sona...

Sona isn't that easy to play at a higher level for the reasons Mikey mentioned earlier... When was the last time you played her? This isn't pre-remake Sona.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
My general strategy is to get 2-3 gold per 10 and boots 2.

After that every time you go back you should leave with 5 wards. Any excess money goes into further support items.
in lane, I always buy 2 wards, excess to my gold/10s. once I'm up to 2 gold/10s and boots 1, it goes up to like 5 wards and then excess goes towards CDR boots and oracles. SUPPORT IS SO BORING, I ****ING HATE IT.

actually, because I hate support so much, wriggle's ends up being core on my supports since I play like, Jarman, GP and Teemo as supports out of spite, :laugh:.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
hey bro, don't pin that on me. it was that other ******* who made you support. either of us could've caved, but come on, I'm 4th pick and he's 5th, that means he has to respect my wishes to not support. you really should've let him support rammus. don't throw your game off for **** like that, that's letting the terrorists win, just dare them to be *******.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I quite enjoy playing support. But I reckon I play supports better than most people. For a role that is supposedly easy, a lot of people are really bad at it.

Question.

Picked up nidalee again since her nerfs. She's better than I thought she'd be but I've considerably changed my build. Nidalee is more versatile than I remember. I get sheen > lich bane, lucidity boots, soul shroud, abyssal sceptre/rabadons.

Nobody else uses my build but it's worked well for me. Nidalee has good inherent damage and combining movement speed/hp/resistances with cdr makes her incredibly difficult to kill. It feels a bit like riven with this build! However I was wondering if it's cost efficient to rush lich bane or not? I've won all my lanes but don't know if my money would be better spent elsewhere.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
hey bro, don't pin that on me. it was that other ******* who made you support. either of us could've caved, but come on, I'm 4th pick and he's 5th, that means he has to respect my wishes to not support. you really should've let him support rammus. don't throw your game off for **** like that, that's letting the terrorists win, just dare them to be *******.
I'm not, I didn't mind supporting I just wished he grabbed me taric that *******.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I quite enjoy playing support. But I reckon I play supports better than most people. For a role that is supposedly easy, a lot of people are really bad at it.

Question.

Picked up nidalee again since her nerfs. She's better than I thought she'd be but I've considerably changed my build. Nidalee is more versatile than I remember. I get sheen > lich bane, lucidity boots, soul shroud, abyssal sceptre/rabadons.

Nobody else uses my build but it's worked well for me. Nidalee has good inherent damage and combining movement speed/hp/resistances with cdr makes her incredibly difficult to kill. It feels a bit like riven with this build! However I was wondering if it's cost efficient to rush lich bane or not? I've won all my lanes but don't know if my money would be better spent elsewhere.
the fotm annoying nid build is sheen -> warmog's -> atma's -> triforce and FoN. UHG, it's so ****ing annoying.

and rushing lichbane is a horrid idea, it's not cost efficient without another decent chunk of AP.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I can't imagine how boring it'd be to play a support that doesn't do damage. That's basically why I like Soraka, because she does things besides support.

Also, AD Sona / support GP would be the best duo bot lane

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Janna is pretty fun for like the first 20 minutes

and even after that she isn't boring to play

I think thats just on the count of me liking to get them hard reads with tornados from deep. but as far as supports go she is the only one I went out of my way to learn. Whenever Karma gets a good skin I might go learn her also.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Karma supports by kicking the **** out of her lane and shielding mo'****ahs for SICK NUKES.

fo' real. Man I love playing Karma. I need to play her more.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
To be fair, whenever I bust mogwai balls for something stupid he gets a double kill immediately afterwards. Anyways playing with mogwai too much fun lol.
yea, I'm pretty much the best. I feel like I get a lot more multi-kills than the average bear, but I've never really compared it to people statistically. Anyways playing with dphat's pretty cool cuz he's a manbearpig and doesn't afraid of anything. I get really sad when I have teammates that do afraid of anything.

also, that 5s team we were running was stupid fun. AND I SWEAR, THAT JARMAN BUILD #1, WHY U LAFF!?

jpak

Smash Lord
why do you think/what makes soraka harder than taric?

it wouldn't be queueing with dphat if you didn't give each other non stop ****

also dphat, get a new mic :(
-taric spells you dont have to consider much except for the stun.
-taric's heal is a basic heal just use it whenever someone takes damage, high coodown doesnt heal a lot. compare it to soraka her heal has the armor bonus so you really have to choose the right time.
-taric shatter you just go in and use it same with taric's ult.
-soraka's silence is really good, its the only instant target range silence
-soraka's ult you also have to make a decision whether to use that or not. i know there are many after usign soraka's ult where i could use the ult right now rather than on something pointless (someone is dead regardless of my heal and but used it on something pointless.

if all you do with soraka is cast heal and give mana whenever it's up then ya it's boring and easy to play.

i think supports arent "hard to play" as in the basic casting of their abilities, it's just the decisions and positioning make it hard to play really well, plus theres a lot you can do with ward placements, and it's generally your job to keep track of buffs/inhib/ward/spell etc. timers. you also have the ability to prevent 90% of the ganks during laning phase with cv. there's a lot you have to manage.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So I bought Xerath. I really like him, but you need to go up against a character that doesn't have a ton of sustain. Vlad made my life a living hell.

Top Bottom