• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MacD

Banned via Administration
Yea, he was old TL and just generally plays a bunch with me and my friends. Not sure if there's a good candidate on SWF for AP carry. S2J's pretty good with Kass, but haven't seen him play any other solos other than Cho and also I think he's already on a team with some other WC smashers.
looks like it's time to learn AP carries

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Tbh Zac is good at AP but he doesn't seem to want to play them as frequently (unless they are AD and in the jungle).

:phone:
I love playing AP carry. There is not one role I like playing more than any others. I'm willing to learn any champ that we would potentially need for a team, as I've stated before. Will take me 3-4 days tops.

My AP carry selection is: Kennen (i have the runes), Malzahar, Morgana, TF, and Ryze (i have the runes).

And seriously tho, please lay off the comments about my malz jungle. I'm getting nonstop flack for stuff that isnt my fault. It's not cool anymore.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yeah I'm pretty used to seeing Zac's Kennen smack people Mid Lane

atleast thats how it was the 3-4 times I've played with him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just sub, so I practice top and jungle, with occasional support.

Imo Turkey needs to try to make plays from mid or at least try to interrupt other's plays. Mid can't spend whole game afk farming. Wasn't there yesterday so I don't know if this changed since we last played.

Zac, don't take my little jib's here seriously :p I wasn't even hating there, just mentioning that you,ve played it a lot lately!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I honestly think trying to counter with Turkey Swain top and my Jarman mid makes the most sense with the current lineup. His Kass mid was definitely way too passive, so putting him top makes a lot of sense and swain dumps on most bruisers in my experience.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Shyvana should have no issue ulting through a team fight. If she does 0 auto attacks in a fight she's still going to be in dragon form for ~17 seconds. At max rank Swain would need ~1800 mana to stay in raven form for that long to give a comparison. Add in auto attacks and Twin Bite and she really shouldn't have problems generating fury in a fight. One auto attack + Twin Bite to reset your attack timer is another second of ultimate by itself. And the more auto attacks you use, the more Twin Bite you can use, so you are going to get more time of your ultimate.
She can take objectives so quickly with Twin Bite too, so she's a very good asset for Dragon/Baron/buffs.

She is definitely like Irelia. If you let her get ahead it's going to be hard to catch up unless you have a character like Nasus, Kog'maw, Vayne. Then you have a chance to hold off defeat until they get farmed enough to take her on.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That would work fine. Jarvan is pretty mobile and hits hard enough to stand with AP carries early imo, plus he can power push and give extra baron control. Should probably only do when blue though so he can get golem buffs.

@TK I haven't played with you enough to give pointers. I just told you that dblade start top on Teemo was bad snd that caused your subsequent failure.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
That would work fine. Jarvan is pretty mobile and hits hard enough to stand with AP carries early imo, plus he can power push and give extra baron control. Should probably only do when blue though so he can get golem buffs.

@TK I haven't played with you enough to give pointers. I just told you that dblade start top on Teemo was bad snd that caused your subsequent failure.

Jarman is really super duper great vs. Ryze and Kass and pretty passable vs. most of the others. Some APs are problems, but he's pretty good vs. some really high priority ones these days.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Alrighty, I think I'm ready to jump back into the realm of ranked solo queue. My current goal is 1500.

Buuuuut...I'm gonna start tomorrow. :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Shyvana should have no issue ulting through a team fight. If she does 0 auto attacks in a fight she's still going to be in dragon form for ~17 seconds. At max rank Swain would need ~1800 mana to stay in raven form for that long to give a comparison. Add in auto attacks and Twin Bite and she really shouldn't have problems generating fury in a fight. One auto attack + Twin Bite to reset your attack timer is another second of ultimate by itself. And the more auto attacks you use, the more Twin Bite you can use, so you are going to get more time of your ultimate.
She can take objectives so quickly with Twin Bite too, so she's a very good asset for Dragon/Baron/buffs.

She is definitely like Irelia. If you let her get ahead it's going to be hard to catch up unless you have a character like Nasus, Kog'maw, Vayne. Then you have a chance to hold off defeat until they get farmed enough to take her on.
Oh my god, I hate Nasus with Shyvana...

Talon seems to be slightly annoying as well, but maybe it's just that the Talon was really good and fed.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I dunno, but I dont like the normal Shyvana human form.

Because of that, I got this skin: http://i.imgur.com/WQItUh.jpg

It is so much better.
The normal skin is so ugly compared to the Ironscale skin, bought it too because I wouldn't want to play Shyvana if I had to use the normal one :awesome:
Still have two more placement games to go in ranked. At 1500 right now though.
Been going solo, which sucks but I've just been picking OP solo queue champs and carrying my games. Grab champs like Akali, Graves, Trynd, etc. Call a solo, and if you don't get one jungle somebody like GP or Noct. And if for whatever unfortunate luck you are last pick and your team didn't listen to you when you said you wanted to play X champ in Y role, play an aggressive support like Cow.
That's how I've been managing solo and it's worked well in all my games.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Why aim so low?
It's more like a first step. Ideally I'd like to get to a higher ELO but I'm not going to shoot for that number right off the bat. 1500 seems like a good starting point to go for, then celebrate with some cake, and then move on assuming I can do it.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Oh I know, made a post about that earlier zac, it was my fault for committing and following the taric lead while I should be leading and the support following me.
that's what i hate most about bot lane

is people have different ways they want to play, and it's just so hard to get on the same page with some people

and some supports are just freaking stupid rambo and it's so annoying

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
And if you're not stupid Rambo then MacD yells at you for not being aggressive enough with taric!

Also, would Rageblade work on Shyvana? I can't recall the last time I ever built one, but Attack Speed + the damage increase to all of her skills might be cool.
-DD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
And if you're not stupid Rambo then MacD yells at you for not being aggressive enough with taric!

Also, would Rageblade work on Shyvana? I can't recall the last time I ever built one, but Attack Speed + the damage increase to all of her skills might be cool.
-DD
No it wouldnt work.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think it's ridiculous that her 2.0 scaling total AD ability that applies on-hit effects is on a <5 sec CD, lol. Fortunately the rest of her scales with AP or mildly off bonus AD.

D

Deleted member

i only play the cool/weird/manly monster dudes:

kass, chogath, kogmaw, alistar, trundle

jarvan was my best and most used until they nerfed him 50,000 times, might use him again though

i got really good with gragas at a point then stopped playing him, but still use hiim sometimes

i got like 9,000 ip but dunno who to buy next, either a character is too boring/ghey for me to want to play

im down to join a team for a go4loL, since my team usually can't even meet up sunday morning it doesnt even matter

something u have to consider though is that i'm a wildcard and may sometimes completely blow azzz

Vyke

Smash Champion
Go4LoL would be fun. I think the issue was really just getting someone willing to actually do the work and put the team together and solidify it.

Considering that most of us are arrogant ****s. :p

Top Bottom