• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Psssh, I built this and wrecked:

And I had 5.2k on me at end game, I just never needed to go back, so yeah.

EDIT: Btw, im 3-0 with Shy so far <3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tankvana is definitely OP. You can literally Dragon's Decent into the middle of all 5 of the enemies, eat Malzahar's suppression, Swain's Snare, all while constantly eating damage from the whole team, and then casually walk away with the help of Burnout, all the while still having 20%ish of your health left.

jpak

Smash Lord
So they're giving me a new ezreal and I think a new shaco skin?

My opinion on the patch notes?
Yeah good ****ing job riot, you nerfed shaco's abilities bar his ultimate (oh look they call it a 'bug fix') while making them SLIGHTLY EASIER TO USE to compensate...

How ****ing hard is it for shaco to backstab someone with deceive then plant a box during the 'attack speed' cool down?
****ING EASY.

I totally totally totally totally dig losing 140 damage per jitb, and cutting it's ap ratio by 35% - on top of a 50 reduction in the fear/activation range. Good thing they "unnerfed" that 'bug fix' nerf (as in, the range was nerfed to stop shaco from being able to jitb inside structures; with a promise to unnerf the range when a fix is found - LOL), oh wait - it used to be 500 range.

Oh cool, my almost useless ultimate for doing anything bar popping it when someone gets jitb'd can now slow them by a massive 30% while I'm stuck in 1.5-2 seconds of cc, oh shaco clone, don't just randomly stop still and let my enemy get away - DON'T DO IT!
why are you mad shaco is a strong champion lol, and doesnt a decrease in activation range mean you get more hits in?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. I don't give a damn about the state of Shaco as long as that mother ****er isn't broken again. I do think they should have tried a small buff to the arm time. Quarter of a second for example instead of half second. Wouldn't change much for making jitb nests, and with the activation range decreased having it arm slightly quicker could bring it back to par on ganks where they now would barely get away (although increased cast range help with getting them as well)

Shaco's basically the same bar Boxes not being as ******** when clustered, with deceive and ult working better.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Shaya, calm the **** down. Shaco is hella good right now, it's not like Riot is picking on you or anything. Just because he's not EXACTLY what you want doesnt mean you need to snap every time Riot updates him. Next time you ***** and moan about how Riot is 'ruining' him, take a step back and think about the people who like and play Eve or Heimer or something, and notice how they dont throw a fit at every patch about how they're still bad.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Tankvana is definitely OP. You can literally Dragon's Decent into the middle of all 5 of the enemies, eat Malzahar's suppression, Swain's Snare, all while constantly eating damage from the whole team, and then casually walk away with the help of Burnout, all the while still having 20%ish of your health left.
Hmmm...I can't see this as anything but an exaggeration. There's no way this should happen unless you are well fed or farmed well above your opponents.

Right now I see her as OP like Irelia is OP, as in she isn't technically but if she gets ahead she's practically unstoppable.

But hey, maybe she is too good. We'll see soon enough.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
why are you mad shaco is a strong champion lol, and doesnt a decrease in activation range mean you get more hits in?
If riot said 'we nerfed him because he's a strong champion', then I would accept it - because I can see merit in it.
But I would have preferred last patch shaco to this one. And they advertised it as 'buffs'.
Maybe shaco with bug fixes actually is still OP.

:|

I don't mind them killing jitb nests. I don't use them (as in, the "scrubby camp a jungle brush for 10 minutes thing"). I use Shaco as both AD and AP, losing 140 damage on a level 5 jitb hurts, losing 35 damage per 100 AP for every jitb planted hurts (in the sense there was no damage compensation elsewhere that's less 'problematic'). One Jitb + shiv slow + hallucinate the cc to **** is very standard, but got nerfed noticeably this patch when that is -not- what they were stating they were after. Nerf damage strength of jitbs, nerf utility of jitbs... say "congrats players, we buffed shaco by making his ult apply his slow! (wait it was one of those bugs we told them was an unlisted nerf a year ago but it was all 'oh, really? i'll look into it")

All I really wanted was clarification from riot about what's up. I too am worried they'll do a gangplank treatment (oh my god completely nerfed in every way guinsoo, gg; next patch -> top pick/ban for how many months? lol). I would have probably been content if they had cut the damage and not the trigger range... bleh

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmmm...I can't see this as anything but an exaggeration. There's no way this should happen unless you are well fed or farmed well above your opponents.

Right now I see her as OP like Irelia is OP, as in she isn't technically but if she gets ahead she's practically unstoppable.

But hey, maybe she is too good. We'll see soon enough.
It's that she pushes like a boss and just doesnt die at all whatsoever when in dragon form, so if you build her tanky, everytime you need a hard push and your team is ready, just Ult through the entire team, throw up your W, Q whoever is being focused, and then pull out if they stand firm shooting an E behind you, or if they retreat, chase down and push harder than ever. You literally should push half of mid every time you use your ult there.

Cia

das kwl
is it just me, or does Shyvana seem holy **** omfg broke?

She's going to be soloing towers in dragon form with just a trinity force. callin it.

:laugh:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
is it just me, or does Shyvana seem holy **** omfg broke?

She's going to be soloing towers in dragon form with just a trinity force. callin it.

:laugh:
I think the bigger issue would be her teamfight presence since she can pretty much be in dragon form 100% of the time in a teamfight, tankyDPSing it up using constant AoE damage.

I'm probably going to buy RP and get her. :|
-DD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You don't play terrible champs in Dominion. The best advice for Eve players in Summoner's Rift is don't play Eve. The same goes with, say, Veigar in Dominion.
I don't play terrible champs, that's not the point here. The point is that there are a small subset of absolutely overpowered champs that can beat the otherwise good champs to pulp

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think the bigger issue would be her teamfight presence since she can pretty much be in dragon form 100% of the time in a teamfight, tankyDPSing it up using constant AoE damage.

I'm probably going to buy RP and get her. :|
-DD
Get CC'd and your rage depletes like mad, so no, not really.

And Shyvana imo is only broke when you build her tanky. Seems like she has problems late game when you build her for damage due to the fact that she has no CC whatsoever, so is forced to chase people around and then they can just hide behind teammates. When not tanky, she's kind of like Blitz in a team fight imo. Blitz will get bursted down if he tries to run in and do something, so he has to sit back and wait for an opportunity to rocket grab an opponent to him. Shyvana is like this, only she can only throw a fireball and it doesnt punish them near as hard. She absolutely needs to get up there and cause mayhem, but she doesnt have a way to do that without building tanky, which is why I think that build suits her best.

jpak

Smash Lord
i just want to see guinsoo's jungle changes he talked about a few months ago implemented. i think those changes will be hugeeeee

(i dont hv the changes they were on his twitter)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Get CC'd and your rage depletes like mad, so no, not really.

And Shyvana imo is only broke when you build her tanky. Seems like she has problems late game when you build her for damage due to the fact that she has no CC whatsoever, so is forced to chase people around and then they can just hide behind teammates. When not tanky, she's kind of like Blitz in a team fight imo. Blitz will get bursted down if he tries to run in and do something, so he has to sit back and wait for an opportunity to rocket grab an opponent to him. Shyvana is like this, only she can only throw a fireball and it doesnt punish them near as hard. She absolutely needs to get up there and cause mayhem, but she doesnt have a way to do that without building tanky, which is why I think that build suits her best.
I dunno, maybe Phreak didn't get CC ***** in the spotlight, but in that teamfight he showed it didn't look like he dropped under 90 Fury at any point in time once he initiated on them as a dragon. Plus if you blow all your CC on the CC-less TankyDPS the carries might just blow your team wide open.

i just want to see guinsoo's jungle changes he talked about a few months ago implemented. i think those changes will be hugeeeee

(i dont hv the changes they were on his twitter)
These ones?
http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/reign...e-sounds-like-it-s-going-through-some-changes
-DD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Trust me im 5-0 with her, it doesnt last that long. It lasts a while, but unless the team fight is short, it shouldnt be lasting the whole thing.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I like watching the dog's streams :D

Cant we have a swf team lol

First we need to find out who is the best in here.
The wheels are already in motion... Played some 5s with Dan, Zac, Dphat, and Turkey last night. We were roflstomping pretty hard and having a good time with it. Maybe we'll try a go4lol in the not-too-distant future.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yorick + Shaco gogogo!
Shaco gang all dai baby.

Wow Shyvana wrecks towers with her Q and passive working on towers.
You can definitely keep her ult on for an entire fight if you have your build. Wit's End + Triforce and you have enough attack speed to have constant fury and Q up very often. She has great AoE with her ult up, and she can really stick to a target and crush them with Triforce + Q (double chance for Phage) + W + ult to chase a flash. And man she farms up a storm with her W.
And she gets %armor reduction that's AoE with her ult?

Riot is getting carried away with this whole "let's cram as many different mechanics into this champ as possible!" stuff imo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's not really from the boards. Needed an AP carry player and Mogwai knew someone from his prior team (I think that's what it was?)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yea, he was old TL and just generally plays a bunch with me and my friends. Not sure if there's a good candidate on SWF for AP carry. S2J's pretty good with Kass, but haven't seen him play any other solos other than Cho and also I think he's already on a team with some other WC smashers.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Undefeated still with Shyvana, and Tankvana is freaking amazing still:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've only played with Mogwai when he was super drunk, and they were some pretty fun games.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wriggles+Wit's End+whatever the hell else you want seems like a great start to any Shyvana. Those + her ult give you amazing survivability and damage in a fight.

Top Bottom