• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Every time you guys talk about Kennen I want to buy him. Maybe he's the AP carry I'll actually be able to play decently?

Also, in regards to the Kennen open build and rune stuff. Just look at his kit, then compare it to the kits of other AP carries. You should be able to figure out why you grab HP quints and Doran's Shield as opposed to AP quints and boots+3 pots just from that.
His kit makes sense for revolver as for your sustain, boots+ 3 pots should be enough to get you enough gold to get revolver, if you are getting hit beyond that, your not doing it right. Q is good farm and his range is decent. In my thought if you are getting bursted in mid they are usually doing your current health + that 178 you get with Dorans and quints. I'd rather be doing the extra on my Q to send them back early.

Vyke

Smash Champion
guys, it's literally not possible to tell yet whether she will be op, up, or whatever. numbers mean everything.
Graves. Numbers do mean a lot, but realistically Graves is pretty broken because of his kit being EVERYTHING AN AD CARRY WANTS EVER.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I run 9/21/0 on Kennen so I really don't need health or the doran's shield. I'm free to start with 15 extra ability, sustain myself with potions, and have boots at level 1. Boots + 3 is the stronger item start on almost any caster, especially one who relies so heavily on movement speed like Kennen, so I'm not really sure why I "should be able to figure" it out. Frankly, your condescending tone really bugs me, since you have never even played Kennen.
Didn't know I sounded condescending.

I feel like the thing with running 9/21/0 as opposed to 9/0/21 is that you're not really specc'ing Kennen to his biggest advantage. He scales really well with levels, but not as well with AP when compared to most other AP carries. So you're basically increasing his ability to take harrass to lower his own ability to harrass. The extra 15 AP you're getting from Quints isn't going to be as beneficial as simply keeping up in level. In regards to Boots as opposed to a Doran's Shield, I'm pretty sure it's already been covered. He wants to be able to survive an opposing carry's burst as easily as possible; especially the level 6 burst. 9/21/0 lets you survive it, but since most AP carries are running 9/0/21 and therefore hitting the level 6 mark earlier than you, you're still probably taking more than you would if you were level 6 as well, and you're not going to be able to trade with any success at that point either. At least not until you hit 6 yourself.

The utility tree just gives a lot more beneficial stuff to Kennen in general though, really. Or at least, it gives stuff that he likes but either can't or won't buy, whereas the defensive tree gives a lot of stuff that Kennen likes but is more than likely going to buy anyway. Faster leveling, %-based movement speed increase, and CDR are things that Kennen loves, but he can't spec for any of them (outside of blue Elixir in terms of CDR; you're pretty much wasting your time with buying anything else). Kennen is usually buying some sort of stuff to help out his survivability just because he needs to get close to work best anyway.

Also, since E grants Armor and MRes, and that's basically his way in and out of a fight, he benefits a lot more with HP than he does with more Armor and MRes. The defensive tree is almost all about diminishing as opposed to straight HP (except for Veteran's Scars, obv, which is only the equivalent of about two HP Quints anyway), so it's less beneficial in that aspect as well.

Kennen was the first champ I ever played. Just an fyi. I sucked balls and fed like crazy then, but I still figured out what his abilities did. I also paid a lot of attention to him any time a Kennen was on my team or I saw one on a stream. I may not have really played him, but I feel as though I do at least have a decent idea of how to play him and what is most beneficial for him.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I like watching the dog's streams :D

Cant we have a swf team lol

First we need to find out who is the best in here.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Was reading some comments on Shyvana, guess what I found:

Seems her name is a reference to My Little Pony from what the forums said. Seems there was an episode called Dragonshy(SHYvana) with a large red dragon

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Nah, don't fall for any overzealous brony over-speculations. Just minute coincidences.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So it has splash damage then. Why didn't they just say it that way lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
So it has splash damage then. Why didn't they just say it that way lol.
Splash and cleave are different as far as I know, at least in any other game. Splash is an AoE centered around the attack, whereas cleave is typically directional from the attacker.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Cleave is a 180 degree arc in front of the champion or something similar. Jesus, I just realized there were little to no cleaves actually in this game...

Pretty sure the double on-hit only applies to her attacks and not the cleave, the cleave itself is just an additional effect for damage.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol this is exactly what i thought of when i saw the sneak peek

they need to make "animal keeper shyvana" or something like that

hopefully hasbro would be ok with it
I seriously dont see why they wouldnt be okay with it. Hasbro was pretty much the laughing stock of TV programming until MLP came along, and now that it's all big and popular, I doubt they'd have any problem with getting free advertisement in an online game with a massive following.

Besides, they've been super lax about it when it comes to pretty much everything else, so track record looks good.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Kennen needs a legendary pikachu skin. His skins are recolors or just bad. The red one is supposed to be Deadpool but Deadpool is Canadian.

Why does Yorick get no love?

:phone:
karate kennen is bad? kennen md is bad?

canadians are awesome

yorick gets love

Hasbro was pretty much the laughing stock of TV programming until MLP came along
thats not how tv programming works

hasbro always contracted other companies to write and animate their shows, and they had some great successes and emmy wins. maybe youre too young to remember Beast Wars?

they started Hasbro Studios in 2010, one of their first shows was MLP FIM

Lol you can go ahead and start dorans shield vs brand cass and sion. After you get your *** handed to you, you can tell me how helpful the armor and Hp quints were when you can't outrun outdamage or dodge the enemy mid

Your **** might work vs a veigar who you can push around in lane but if you want to exhibit any sort of aggression vs a strong ap mid

You better start boots

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
karate kennen is bad? kennen md is bad?

canadians are awesome

yorick gets love
Karate kennen looks terrible IMO. Kennen MD is the same lame concept they used for the other ninjas (funny how Akali is a nurse though, #genderstereotyping) save for his shuriken which reminds me of the thing Black Dynamite threw at The Fiendish Dr. Woo. Pikachu skin would be way too legit.

Who uses Yorick? Any known players who I should stalk?

Edit: I start Boots + pots on kennen. Shield is kinda overrated. Armor is mostly moot when you go mid and if you go top you can easily harass a melee with a w passive-> w active for free since he has 575 range.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Against* Pantheon / Talon maybe.

Actually that's probably completely wrong, cloth armor and 5 pots is the only way not to lose!
Otherwise, iono, the people who deal physical damage but may not be too bothered to harass you (Irelia, Nasus, something or rather)

Also next patch ima dblade nocturne style Olaf.
I don't know why it took me this long to realise... lol.

3 dorans, 300 health, 30/33 AD, 9%/21% life steal.

john!

Smash Hero
i start with boots + pots frequently on many champions. boots give you the most value for your money when compared to runes and masteries. movespeed quints and masteries can't even compare to the movespeed boost that boots 1 gives you. other common non-doran starting items (mana crystal, meki pendant, cloth armor, regrowth pendant, amplifying tome, etc.) can be incorporated into your runes and masteries much easier than movespeed can. and unlike doran's items, boots 1 builds into something and allows you to take potions. it makes harassing easier and makes you less vulnerable to ganks.

basically boots + pots is my default purchase unless i have a specific strategy for my lane. i do love my regrowth pendant though <3

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Philosophers stone probably. Seems weird though. Still a good sustainability item and money maker

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Why the default Shyvana art so bad but her alt skins so good

I need to get that Riot job asap

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Omg, this skin is perfect for Shyvana: http://i.imgur.com/WQItUh.jpg

It's just like how I was with Riven. I was meh about her when I saw her normal art, then after seeing her Redeemed skin, I absolutely loved her.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So they're giving me a new ezreal and I think a new shaco skin?

My opinion on the patch notes?
Yeah good ****ing job riot, you nerfed shaco's abilities bar his ultimate (oh look they call it a 'bug fix') while making them SLIGHTLY EASIER TO USE to compensate...

How ****ing hard is it for shaco to backstab someone with deceive then plant a box during the 'attack speed' cool down?
****ING EASY.

I totally totally totally totally dig losing 140 damage per jitb, and cutting it's ap ratio by 35% - on top of a 50 reduction in the fear/activation range. Good thing they "unnerfed" that 'bug fix' nerf (as in, the range was nerfed to stop shaco from being able to jitb inside structures; with a promise to unnerf the range when a fix is found - LOL), oh wait - it used to be 500 range.

Oh cool, my almost useless ultimate for doing anything bar popping it when someone gets jitb'd can now slow them by a massive 30% while I'm stuck in 1.5-2 seconds of cc, oh shaco clone, don't just randomly stop still and let my enemy get away - DON'T DO IT!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just tried out Shyvana in a custom game to look at her scaling/mechanics and...

Seems pretty weak early. She's gotta autoattack a lot in order to do good damage, it seems. there's very little synergy between her actual skills aside outside of dragon form's interactions with her skills.

Mid game she'll be a monster, I'm guessing. Lots of mobility and base AoE damage on her ult and the buffed skills from it.

Late game she MIGHT fall off because of rather poor ratios overall, but her good base aoe damage and the natural MR/Armor from her ult helps a lot to compensate for that.

Phage/triforce is likely going to be a staple considering she's naturally tanky, and she's a big autoattacker with split ap/ad ratios. I'm guessing people will eventually use builds straight out of the Irelia handbook. (Triforce/wit's end/GA/etc)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
looooool, Shyvana bursts like a BOSS. Made Tryndamere look like he was nothing at all lmao.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i started playing more shaco in anticipation of buffs. wtf riot. no buffs. i no play shaco.

Top Bottom