• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yes. In terms of Crits navi won a game just the other day based off of kunkka Crits lol. Or rather it was a large factor.

:phone:

TheLake

Smash Master
Doom for the cruelist ult in all of MOBAs

Best ult in leauge : Sejuani

Best ult in dota 2 : Tree ent protector

best ult in HON : Gemini

D

Deleted member

I don't know how crits in dota are determined but in league they're made to be spread out somewhat evenly. The problem is that you can't just drop crits and make related items have AD or something because of the way AD,AS and crits scale off eachother

Oro?!

Smash Hero
With how most ADs build in league it seems like crits are more of a guarantee while DotA offers very minimal itemization and hero skillsets that give crit leading to more RNG.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yes, there are other build paths for carries in dota besides crit whereas league if you are a carry you build crit otherwise you do no damage (see bloodthirster+gauntlet ezreal build)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Rammus is lame because I can't tell who he's taunting, or when.
Luckily they'll be fixing that with those icon thingies in the future :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The champion that is taunted has this bright, flaring red/orange effect around their bodies. :applejack:

Niko45

Smash Master
Can anyone explain to me how creep vs creep focus fire works? I find it pretty frustrating that sometimes after I help my jungler get started, with NO ONE in the lane yet, my creeps are focusing down a single creep while the opposing creeps' focus is spread.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Can anyone explain to me how creep vs creep focus fire works? I find it pretty frustrating that sometimes after I help my jungler get started, with NO ONE in the lane yet, my creeps are focusing down a single creep while the opposing creeps' focus is spread.
get to the lane before the waves start fighting and tank the enemy wave aggro for ~1-2 seconds to cause their caster minions to cluster up and the wave will always push towards your side

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
While we are on the subject of creeps, what's the best way to get a frozen lane to start pushing back to your tower?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Physical damage to champions: 8893
Magic damage to champions: 8891

2 points ;_; having fun in normals with BotRK+rageblade Kogmaw.

Vyke

Smash Champion
A neat little trick you can do is to creepblock your siege minions slightly when they come back to lane to attempt to get the enemy's siege minion to fire on your minions first. Doesn't always work (esp when enemy laner, you know, is there.) but hey, little tricks.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
While we are on the subject of creeps, what's the best way to get a frozen lane to start pushing back to your tower?

Ideally you want to find a way to clear the wave to the point where the tower starts hitting the creeps. It can be hard if they are stronger and tank a creep wave while you attempt it if you don't have coverage, though. It's a precarious process.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nasus is just one of those characters who can't actually just fight people with the use of one ability, which is pretty noticeable in lane. Nocturne can't lane for the same reason. If they could expel q/w/e every time an engage happened they would be coming out on top (most other characters can get a successful trade off of one or two abilities, usually the second one coming from a hit confirm of sorts).

Because hey, Nasus withers you, spirit fires you and gets 2-3 AAs plus a Q maybe even two and that's more damage than what the enemy would pull off, but hey, that's like 500 mana used in under 4 seconds. I've never liked the long animation for his spirit fire either. The debuff only being applied to people currently within it is pretty archaic in comparison to every new character's ability with a similar effect (as in, "lasts for X seconds") and even for his generation was pretty weird (Morg's pool doesn't suddenly remove the MR debuff if you step outside it, ditto to karthus wall, etc).

Dekar173

Justice Man
I think your problem with mana here is you actually put points in E. That skill's useless until later on when reducing their armor actually does something for you.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, the extra level in Wither early isn't going to suddenly make you be able to handle your lane enemy better. But an early level in spirit fire is generally not very useful, I agree.

Vyke

Smash Champion
When did Sion come into this equation? Because of his E scaling? lol.

I always leveled Wither second for the attack speed slow, tbh.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I knew about Irelia/Yorick, but he can go even with Riven? This comes as a mild surprise to me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You're probably right, I've just generally had relatively good experiences against Riven.

She can't apply pressure to him under tower early game and it's generally easy to get the lane to be around your tower. If she doesn't have you getting dived by the jungler at 2-3 minutes in, it's usually smooth sailing.

Dekar173

Justice Man
MS quints, armor/mr, and attack speed or arpen reds. You aren't looking to trade. You are Nasus, you scale VERY well into late game, so quit trying to make plays at top and just take it slow.

Top Bottom