• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
the only character I despise laning against as Nasus is Pantheon.

Also Nasus doesn't really have mana issues if you rush a philostone, his Q only takes like, 40 mana at level 5, his natural mana regen and his philostone sustain him really well unless you're using wither and Spirit Fire.

Someone gave me a Riot K9 Nasus skin today.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just chill out and farm top. Have plenty of ward coverage and farm farm farm. Even if I manage to lose my lane, so long as the team survives past 30-40 minutes, we win. :applejack:

Vyke

Smash Champion
I mean, Voyboy did pull off that 1v2 Nasus in Tournament a few months back. Not all characters are as bad as we play them (or lack of playing them?)

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only person that thinks Ahri is a bit too strong? Honestly the brunt of her damage isn't even from skillshots and she can roam so easily and has so much burst its kinda ridiculous.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IMO nasus is pretty good in 1v2s against a lot ranged ad + supports, for the strangest reason really. By the time the ranged ad does any damage, Nasus' sustain is usually looking pretty sweet. And they decide to push, which is a lot better for Nasus than them freezing the lane somewhere nasty.

Also wither is a lot harsher to ranged ads and supports then the blinky/shielding/500 base damage on each of their abilities tanky tops who don't care about taking tower shots to deny Nasus farm. If something is going weird for you, Wither will generally guarantee an escape.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What's a good Nasus rune page? I'm considering picking him up again. I've seen Life steal quints, MR/lvl blues, armor seals, _____ reds.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Just got paired with regi and dan dinh in norms lol. The fan boy reaction people get I swear.

Anyone familiar with autohotkey at all? I'm needing a little help setting up a script. PM me or just add me on league: beard papa

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
IMO nasus is pretty good in 1v2s against a lot ranged ad + supports, for the strangest reason really. By the time the ranged ad does any damage, Nasus' sustain is usually looking pretty sweet. And they decide to push, which is a lot better for Nasus than them freezing the lane somewhere nasty.

Also wither is a lot harsher to ranged ads and supports then the blinky/shielding/500 base damage on each of their abilities tanky tops who don't care about taking tower shots to deny Nasus farm. If something is going weird for you, Wither will generally guarantee an escape.
idk, I fought Ashe top once as Nasus, could NOT get near her, got totally destroyed in lane. She'd just walk up and volley me while I was under my turret.
What's a good Nasus rune page? I'm considering picking him up again. I've seen Life steal quints, MR/lvl blues, armor seals, _____ reds.
I take a complete 100% armor runepage for lulz.

Surprisingly it works decently.

For a more balanced rune page though, MS Quints, scaling MR Glyphs, flat Armor Seals and Ar Pen/Attack Damage/Armor reds works well.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Problem is you only need to land one of the skillshots. You can wait to throw out the other ones until the charm guarantees they land.

Also, it's just two skillshots.
problem is you can miss 99% of your skillshots but as long as you land that 2 second 1000 range taunt once after 30 minutes you win

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
idk, I fought Ashe top once as Nasus, could NOT get near her, got totally destroyed in lane. She'd just walk up and volley me while I was under my turret..
I'd hope that volley wouldn't exactly be destroying your life by itself. Ashe is a very special lady though, a character designed to kite everyone but can't kite anybody viable these days :urg:

Nah just kidding, Ashe is amazing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Aerodrome: Was thinking armor pen reds would be good on him. And MS quints make sense here too (more so than life steal). Much appreciated.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ahri also has a base health comparable to Teemo and is very weak to CC, mostly stuns and snares.

But her base damage and multihits moves are kinda good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I sometimes wish Maokai saplings had a quicker landing or activate time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rainman in his trash bag suit beats just about every stream.

Niko45

Smash Master
flask and dfg buff made ahri wayyyyy better cause now she can spam early and burst things later. It's pretty unbelievable how quickly she can kill a 5 item singed. She's strong as ****.

Everything in this game is pretty damn brain dead tho so I can't really see an argument for ahri being particularly brain dead

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For me, it's about whether or not they're using interesting characters, and if they actually talk about what's going on.

Or if they're funny. :applejack:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People who were out of placement/already into an ELO, are initially going to start off in that Elo iirc. So if you're currently Gold, you'll start in Gold Division somewhere even if your first few games will have the most weight once the patch goes through

Leacero

Smash Lord
People who were out of placement/already into an ELO, are initially going to start off in that Elo iirc. So if you're currently Gold, you'll start in Gold Division somewhere even if your first few games will have the most weight once the patch goes through
Ya so this basically means I suffered through 4 games of Solo Q only to be forced to play them again if I want a pretty color on my profile. :c

#edgarallanpoe

Player-3

Smash Hero
****ing this
if ahri wasnt a cool champion outside of that one skill she would be my most hated champion

also i've been abusing rumble dude is freelo right now LOL liandrys + sunfire + warmogs GG

also, twin shadows is VERY strong vs stealth champs i have found, the stats are good and the active reveals champs like khazix/akali/talon/vayne a pretty underappreciated item for top laners IMO (if vs someone magic, like malphite or rumble obv)

Top Bottom