• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs you're still talking in nebulous terms and firing shots by talking about how "pathetic" we are. There's still no discussion to be had here. You're an emotional player talking about the balance of a game in terms of anecdotes and that's just not a good approach to balance.

Not legit, don't respond to stuff like this.

EDIT: at least not to my knowledge. I don't see why we'd need that info.
I may sound indignant about it, but that is because league has been around for quite a while and I see the same things happening all the time. I'm not alone on this, I have many friends that played the game as much as any of us do and were even in pretty high elo and they're not stupid enough to ignore the glaring flaws with the gameplay. You may think it is just because I am terrible at the game, but there is more to it. It also explains the huge hatred this game has from the dota community (almost like Melee community hating on Brawl cause it was the worst game ever made).

So I'm sorry if I sound emotional about it (not trying to be), but it comes out of frustration for how the game is "balanced". But please don't insult my intelligence, or the intelligence of anyone else that plays the game, by pretending the game is not in need of some serious fixing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I may sound indignant about it, but that is because league has been around for quite a while and I see the same things happening all the time. I'm not alone on this, I have many friends that played the game as much as any of us do and were even in pretty high elo and they're not stupid enough to ignore the glaring flaws with the gameplay. You may think it is just because I am terrible at the game, but there is more to it. It also explains the huge hatred this game has from the dota community (almost like Melee community hating on Brawl cause it was the worst game ever made).

So I'm sorry if I sound emotional about it (not trying to be), but it comes out of frustration for how the game is "balanced". But please don't insult my intelligence, or the intelligence of anyone else that plays the game, by pretending the game is not in need of some serious fixing.
Of course it's in need of serious fixing, but riot does that.

The massive changes in pre-season? An attempt to deal with how powerful armor was (done too well, and figuring out how to dial it back is certainly on the agenda). Shen? Nerfed hardcore, to the point where his winrate is terrible in solo queue (people still ban him all the time though, something called social inertia). Eve? Absolutely molested. Kha? Nerfed, probably needs more, but they're responsive.

As I said, it's doubtful Yi will get a net nerf, but meditate is STUPID on ap yi. Riot doesn't make a policy of leaving horrifically toxic things in the game just because the rest of the champ is overpowered. At the same time, yi is a difficult champion to balance, and buffing takes a lot longer then nerfing, but part of the entire point of the new itemization was making melee carries like yi more viable. It just takes time and multiple steps.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Sorry lol isn't updated on a regular basis... Oh wait it is lol. Just wait instead of filing the same complaint over and over. Don't enjoy the game? Then take a break until a Patch you think is good is released. Also I dont know how the dota cOmmunity Opinion on league has anything to do with lol balancing issue.

:phone:

Leacero

Smash Lord
I was under the impression that the transition to S3 was the time period for big changes, and with big changes you can't expect it to transition perfectly each and every time. I'm also pretty sure the reason the DotA community hates on LoL aren't those you're talking about.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Of course it's in need of serious fixing, but riot does that.

The massive changes in pre-season? An attempt to deal with how powerful armor was (done too well, and figuring out how to dial it back is certainly on the agenda). Shen? Nerfed hardcore, to the point where his winrate is terrible in solo queue (people still ban him all the time though, something called social inertia). Eve? Absolutely molested. Kha? Nerfed, probably needs more, but they're responsive.

As I said, it's doubtful Yi will get a net nerf, but meditate is STUPID on ap yi. Riot doesn't make a policy of leaving horrifically toxic things in the game just because the rest of the champ is overpowered. At the same time, yi is a difficult champion to balance, and buffing takes a lot longer then nerfing, but part of the entire point of the new itemization was making melee carries like yi more viable. It just takes time and multiple steps.
I understand. Just wish riot would make more logical decisions with each patch. Why should I have to wait 6 months to a year for them to fix a recurring problem? And meditate isn't all that good, I used ap yi for two years. Ignite and cc make it suck so very hard. And early game laning it's only ok because he has to run out of harm to do it vs most mids and then the cooldown is pretty long. It's pretty easy to **** him in lane.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Dota v league is an entirely different beast with each individual holding various reasons for disliking the other. My friends have given reasons such as Dota is too complicated or they don't like the way it looks. Personally I feel league gives out too many freebies on your ****ups and dumbed down creep interaction.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The amount of time you play or use something holds no bearing on how good at it you actually are if you don't learn or improve on anything.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I understand. Just wish riot would make more logical decisions with each patch. Why should I have to wait 6 months to a year for them to fix a recurring problem? And meditate isn't all that good, I used ap yi for two years. Ignite and cc make it suck so very hard. And early game laning it's only ok because he has to run out of harm to do it vs most mids and then the cooldown is pretty long. It's pretty easy to **** him in lane.
Unfortunately decisions can't always be strictly on the basis of priorities, cause certain things will always require extensive testing before making it to live, and iterative testing with different builds is always gonna be a massive bottleneck.

Some things require upending the game to even start, you can't really do that while world championships are right around the corner. Of course when upending the game occurs, it's gonna bring it's own issues which take time to solve.

Part of the objective of upending the game was making viable melee ad carries possible (like yi), I mean look at hydra. Only then can you actually work on fixing them. On the flip side, melee carries are notoriously unstable, and if you overbuff a character, he's suddenly in EVERY game, which sucks for everyone. Better to leave them UP.

As far as meditate... dude, even halved the healrate is ridiculous, especially given the stupid amounts of armor and mr it gives. Yes, hard CC works, but the issue is that if you don't have available hard cc he's nearly untouchable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've just gone Cho mid against this insurance of this or made sure I had CC for meditate if I picked.

I don't get why Riot pushed for AP YI instead of fine tuning melee carries even if they don't wanna go the DOTA route about it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If there was a BKB equivalent I'm sure Melee carries would be very prominent lol. It's a mix between the itemization and scaling on melee vs ranged in both games. Kiting is less efficient because of the turn speed mechanics as well, in addition to melee carries in general having a lot of utility. If there was a champ who had Faceless Voids kit everyone would QQ until he got nerfed to oblivion lol.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Oh yeah he gets picked all the time competitively. Void op op

Keep talking about morde it's infinitely more entertaining + believable

Player-3

Smash Hero
just because he's a good champion doesn't mean his design is goood

25% chance to just completely negate spells is ****ing genious i can't think of any better ability to put on a champion

Turazrok

Smash Master
No dog I love you no homo no hate in my statement but void is almost never picked except to ATTEMPT to CP the other infinitely better hard carries. You just picked the wrong one to ***** about.

Like had you picked naix or some **** I coulda sorta seen where you were coming from. Naix stomps noobs so bad it's laughable. Built in BKB + AS steroid for 6 seconds is stupid.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i love you full homo and i have no idea if he's good or not ( i don't follow dota competitively at all) i just find his design to be full ******

and i didnt realize you were being sarcastic when you said he was op LOL

Turazrok

Smash Master
My b :C

Nah rng can be silly but when he IS picked I rarely see it being too big an issue, although it's hilarious when it is.

Syllabears rng entangle procs are some of the most rage inducing things in the game tho

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I mean its not like Anti Mage or Morphling are good design either LOL. Pick your poison. It's just that in LoL standards, faceless voids kit would be literally game changing on a character meant to do damage and carry.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Morphling is also balls QQ.

All of these have fallen out of favor save AM a little bit.

All about Gyro, Naix, CK, PL.

Man I should probably stop talking about dota in the LoL thread.

The effort is wasted XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why are we talking about bad games, this is the League of Legends thread.

Turazrok

Smash Master
So many good Dota series recently. Their sub reddIt is very good about advertising them as well. I rarely miss them unless for real ****. Then go back and watch the vods

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wukong so strong right now.

Low CD AS steroid and AA reset, Ulti that is bonkers, solid throughout the game, and 30% armor reduction to go with your Cleaver. Just don't stick him in 2v1s.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Keep fighting him while his E is on CD. If you just hit him once and get E'd, then of course you are going to lose the trade. Keep fighting him and dodge axes until E comes back up.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'mma start coming here whenever I need league advice, cuz I'm bad.

What's currently on my mind is: How do I do my job as ADC in a game when the other team is properly focusing me?

I play Draven and the only time I can actually carry is when the other team doesn't really pay attention to me. But sometimes i'll have matches where the entire team will ignore my team and kill me immediately. My response to that is normally to stay out of the fight until they are distracted, but that will sometimes result in me either not helping at all and my team dieing or the other team committing to the fight so that I never get the opportunity to do massive damage without getting touched. I can't figure a good system to carry without getting killed immediately against not-dumb teams. Advice?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'mma start coming here whenever I need league advice, cuz I'm bad.

What's currently on my mind is: How do I do my job as ADC in a game when the other team is properly focusing me?

I play Draven and the only time I can actually carry is when the other team doesn't really pay attention to me. But sometimes i'll have matches where the entire team will ignore my team and kill me immediately. My response to that is normally to stay out of the fight until they are distracted, but that will sometimes result in me either not helping at all and my team dieing or the other team committing to the fight so that I never get the opportunity to do massive damage without getting touched. I can't figure a good system to carry without getting killed immediately against not-dumb teams. Advice?
Add me D, Turazrok IGN.

D

Deleted member

shen ban rate actually plummeted down to 40% over the past 2 weeks (finally)

Dekar173

Justice Man
League is more competitive than Dota, there is no arguing that. Anyone who thinks Dota's anywhere near League atm is crazy, or just too stubborn to admit they're wrong.

D

Deleted member

what does "more competitive" mean then? like are we talking about the gameplay itself or the scene?

Top Bottom