• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
-Goes into Light House
-Sees LoL thread with a fanneh joke

Oh, you :B

How about those jungle changes? Elise and Malzahar

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How about those jungle changes? Elise and Malzahar
they said malz (and shaco I think) could clear the whole jungle without taking any damage, so they said they're probably making it so jungle monsters do extra damage to pets, so nothing to get excited about

Why does Renekton fall off lategame, exactly?
idk, but last time an enemy Renekton got fed we could hardly 5v1 him, even lategame ._.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You're going to have trouble with pretty much any fed bruiser, Renekton or otherwise. I've gone 17/1 and 22/4 with Irelia the last couple weeks and felt pretty much unkillable.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
With Zyra, if you do the super leash you should auto attack the golem 1st then root it when it starts moving then do the walking motion and it won't reset.

I honestly don't see how you can reset the buff with Syndra lol.

I just W it and walk away.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
they said malz (and shaco I think) could clear the whole jungle without taking any damage, so they said they're probably making it so jungle monsters do extra damage to pets, so nothing to get excited about

idk, but last time an enemy Renekton got fed we could hardly 5v1 him, even lategame ._.
rats, i was actually getting excited about malz jungle :/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I kind of like Scarra's commentary. Not as good as guys Jatt, but like how he isn't afraid of calling out players for ****ing up.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Other than the AP jungler item, the leash changes doesn't change as much as you'd think...
I used to jungle malz all the time, having your voidling tank is... pretty easy. The changes will give Malz maybe an extra second or two off his time per camp, but when done right probably not any effective time difference at all. This is because malz' range on his spells is more so than creeps "range", so they automatically start focussing the voidling if you summon it at the start of the camp, the 1-2 seconds only comes from moving to another camp with a voidling on you (because you need to gain sight to use E while if you're fresh summoning one it will just move towards your last place you dealt damage)

But considering every time I see a mid malzahar and he says he needs help getting blue at any point after level two I kinda face palm, so I guess people just have no idea how to use his voidlings.

bassem6

Smash Lord
In an attempt to get some interesting discussion going on here...

Which champions does everybody think are currently the top 3 ap mids overall? By that, I mean the ones who are the best under most circumstances...and why? You can make two separate lists for solo q and arranged 5's.

I think anivia, orianna, and twisted fate are the best (in no particular order) for arranged 5's because they are safe, easy to cs with, and provide utility in one form or another. They also are able to capitalize on the smallest of mistakes. EG somebody walks down a ramp and you wall them off as anivia or somebody overextends a tiny amount and you tp and **** them as tf.

I think kat, morgana, and swain are the best for solo q. Kat because how easy it is to snowball and how people dont watch the map to see if she is roaming. Morg because her ult makes people more disorganized and you can catch people with bindings. Swain because people dont play against him much and typically underestimate his damage and tankyness so you can be a damage dealer and a tank to make up for a crappy teammate. Also catching people with w.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I would switch TF and Morg for your SoloQ vs Arranged ideas just because Morgana can fit many more comps and there have been cases where Morgana support has been a teams pick just for the good team fight. TF really only fits global comps or in some cases poke, but TF does not have a long range stun/snare, and his cards are easily dodged unless someone is CCed. Morg fits into Poke comps with her binding initate/catch. She also fits into AoE comps with her ult, and she can even fit into late game/protect the carry comps even if her damage falls off heavy, having a black shield on a carry or initiator can singlehandedly win a fight.

Is Gragas still really good after the DFG nerfs?

Also TF in soloQ just teleports in and snowballs himself and whatever lane he goes to because everyone plays for themselves and not for the team in SoloQ, so it's harder to stop his ult ganks through teamwork/coordination.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Other than the AP jungler item, the leash changes doesn't change as much as you'd think...
I used to jungle malz all the time, having your voidling tank is... pretty easy. The changes will give Malz maybe an extra second or two off his time per camp, but when done right probably not any effective time difference at all. This is because malz' range on his spells is more so than creeps "range", so they automatically start focussing the voidling if you summon it at the start of the camp, the 1-2 seconds only comes from moving to another camp with a voidling on you (because you need to gain sight to use E while if you're fresh summoning one it will just move towards your last place you dealt damage)

But considering every time I see a mid malzahar and he says he needs help getting blue at any point after level two I kinda face palm, so I guess people just have no idea how to use his voidlings.
It changes not having to risk a hard reset by not having to walk to the leash edge. Good enough.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
The speed in obtaining the blue buff and returning back to mid lane to not miss CS is also a factor early laning.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The answer is always Karthus...

Karthus is definitely the best AP mid because of his scaling and global pressure. Karthus doesn't even have to run ignite like other mids, he can run teleport and exhaust. He provides so much clear speed to baron and dragon, the only thing he can't do is push towers but that's not the AP carry's job. After Karthus I'd say Anivia and Orianna.

As for solo que.. Ahri, Kat, and Twisted Fate

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
for solo q: kata, lux and ahri.

lux: i'm enjoying lux mid atm. she's a safe farmer, strong for invades/counter junglers and her snares are deadly all the way to end game. the threat of one shotting a squishy is too good. i think she's secretly OP but nobody realises yet.

ahri: super safe farmer, highly mobile and a good roamer. even after a bad call, she can output all her damage in teamfights and walk out alive.

kata: everyone's said it already. great roamer, decent laner and can do crazy damage in teamfights. she snowballs very easily after a couple of kills and there's little the opponent can do about it if a second player on kata's team is fed as well.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i disagree with the swain pick for solo queue just because if you fall behind in laning phase then you are probably gonna lose the game right there.

kat and ahri are fine for solo queue but that doesn't make anivia/tf/karthus worse than both of them. cass is also still really strong in both queues right now

i would say that kat is slightly worse in arranged 5s and that orianna is slightly worse in solo queue. i don't really think there is a top 3 list right now because each champ has their strengths and weaknesses + their own counter picks

Coney

Smash Master
i've said this before but i COMPLETELY disagree with TF being good in solo q, at least sub-1800

the difference between high and low elo is, in my experience, confidence. confidence in diving, confidence in making plays, confidence in everything. if bot is losing and both are ~75% health and i TP bot, at 1800 and above i can reasonably expect them to engage.

i can't count how many times bot has been at their tower with the enemy bot visible, i've pinged like crazy, i go down and...my AD is still CS'ing the TWO creeps still at tower.

tf isn't someone that can just 100>0 someone easily early, it takes a long time to be able to do that...the best soloq mages are ones that can do it quickly and efficiently and punish small mistakes with an actual kill.

bassem6

Smash Lord
i've said this before but i COMPLETELY disagree with TF being good in solo q, at least sub-1800

the difference between high and low elo is, in my experience, confidence. confidence in diving, confidence in making plays, confidence in everything. if bot is losing and both are ~75% health and i TP bot, at 1800 and above i can reasonably expect them to engage.

i can't count how many times bot has been at their tower with the enemy bot visible, i've pinged like crazy, i go down and...my AD is still CS'ing the TWO creeps still at tower.

tf isn't someone that can just 100>0 someone easily early, it takes a long time to be able to do that...the best soloq mages are ones that can do it quickly and efficiently and punish small mistakes with an actual kill.
I agree. I feel like tf being effective relies on your team having some coordination to follow up with your ganks and to split push which makes him less effective in solo q than in 5's

Coney

Smash Master
once had a game where the only way we were going to win was by splitpushing...got lich bane, tons of AP and started shoving top, told team to shove mid

our olaf comes top, their team follows him, i get caught and die, they get baron off it and eventually win

tf's best attributes--split pushing, coordinated ganks, double kills in bot lane, strong objective control--are lost on a team that isn't together. you DO still have his ult and that's great for picking up stragglers, but why not just play katarina? you can't just, like, TP to a kill but you certainly can do more b your lonesome than TF ever could

Dekar173

Justice Man
Everyone ever is wrong.

The best AP mid at all levels of play is Cho. Discuss.

In all seriousness- it depends on your teamcomp.

Poke? Lux/Nidalee, Ori/Ziggs, then Karth/TF.

All out engage? Kat/Ori, Anivia, Cass, and Ahri

Utility? Zilean, Anivia, TF, Karth

Gank4lyfe? Katarina, Eve, TF

For everything else, there's mastercard.

Lovage

Smash Hero
The overwhelming want to move the camera yourself when watching tournaments.

Anyone else?
the best thing about pro starcraft tournaments was when they dedicated one person to observing and let other people commentate. league commentators just set it to auto and jerk off all over each other

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
the best thing about pro starcraft tournaments was when they dedicated one person to observing and let other people commentate. league commentators just set it to auto and jerk off all over each other
I thought they had a person dedicated to moving the camera? I remember hearing Nhat and others being the people running the camera at World Championships

Dekar173

Justice Man
Bigger tourneys I've actually heard that Nhat is a big "observer mode" guy. It would only make sense that they emulate the way SC2 streams work, when able.

What's The Point

Smash Master
In general, live events have cameramen and online ones don't. Usually because live events are big and have dedicated systems while online events are some guys on skype together spectating a game.

Top Bottom