• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
That'd be ideal, but then tournament runners would miss out on revenue from ads.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i've said this before but i COMPLETELY disagree with TF being good in solo q, at least sub-1800

the difference between high and low elo is, in my experience, confidence. confidence in diving, confidence in making plays, confidence in everything. if bot is losing and both are ~75% health and i TP bot, at 1800 and above i can reasonably expect them to engage.

i can't count how many times bot has been at their tower with the enemy bot visible, i've pinged like crazy, i go down and...my AD is still CS'ing the TWO creeps still at tower.

tf isn't someone that can just 100>0 someone easily early, it takes a long time to be able to do that...the best soloq mages are ones that can do it quickly and efficiently and punish small mistakes with an actual kill.
Sounds like playing Ashe in Soloque.

Ult to initiate but then your team does nothing even when you ping and say it in chat before hand.

So like on hit Lulu in dominion wrecks face. autos + base damage on skills make me able to even burst loool
I've been doing this for a while, it's super fun.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That was supposed to be interpreted as, "Ussi, why the hell are you so slow at realizing these things about Lulu?" :applejack:

Player-3

Smash Hero
jungle cho

boots 3 pots

mob boots

recurve bow

madred razer

BLOODRAZERS

phage

zeal

TRIFORCE

GUARDIAN ANGEL

king build

Player-3

Smash Hero
Damn my bad. You are right. Do you stack PDs or get a black cleaver next?
honestly i usually win by 15 minutes so i dont get past my mobility/bloodrazer/triforce core but if for some reason they managed to resist i would probobly choose to build a nashors tooth

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Hey smashers, do any of you play this game in like, ranked 5s and stuff? I kind of want to get into a ranked 5s team that plays a couple times a night. Uh, if ELO matters I'm 1510 and NO I AM NOT RAISING IT UNTIL S3 STARTS.
Jump on this people. Skler is champion.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Supports got nerfed to the point AP champs with utility support better

And @Espy i never played Dominion much :[
No, Zyra is just op and Fiddle is a niche counter. Supports have not been overnerfed because you're seeing more variety in bot lane.

Coney

Smash Master
Sounds like playing Ashe in Soloque.

Ult to initiate but then your team does nothing even when you ping and say it in chat before hand.
to be honest, i have a lot of success with ashe in solo q. she has the skarner effect of being like "hit THIS person RIGHT NOW" and usually people can react fast enough.

it's more like, say...malphite. his ult is amazing at catching people, but unless your team is competent enough to know you're trying to catch someone, the ult itself is too fast for idiots to react to on both teams

skarner just scoots up to someone and then holds them still for, what, two seconds? all 9 players in the game have their eyes on skarner at the same time

Vyke

Smash Champion
I've never had a teamfight go sour because people weren't expecting me to ult as Malphite. Malphite's ult defines his character, people are looking for his ult.

TF ult does define his character, but it's much less noticeable and people don't trust or expect a well placed TF ult.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789533

that excited feel when you see Volibear mentioned in the patch notes

Volibear
Majestic Roar now fears minions and monsters for 3 seconds instead of 2
that confused feel when that's already exactly what his spell does wtf?

I assume it's a bugfix but it usually says Fixed:

Champion passives will now have their cooldowns represented on their passive icon
I wonder if this means you can no longer tell if Anivia's egg is up, or if Volibear's passive is down... these patch notes seem kind of hastily written

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I guess I'd know that if I timed it?
"Minions, monsters and pets are feared for the duration as well. "

You're right about the tooltip being misleading, in that case. Oh well, I guess that's a buff ._.

Lovage

Smash Hero
to be honest, i have a lot of success with ashe in solo q. she has the skarner effect of being like "hit THIS person RIGHT NOW" and usually people can react fast enough.

it's more like, say...malphite. his ult is amazing at catching people, but unless your team is competent enough to know you're trying to catch someone, the ult itself is too fast for idiots to react to on both teams

skarner just scoots up to someone and then holds them still for, what, two seconds? all 9 players in the game have their eyes on skarner at the same time
i agree

a year ago i would have told you ashe blows in solo que but is a top 5v5 pick.

but arrow is a pretty large move visually lol, even league of legends players shuld be able to follow up on that ****

edit: zingers btw

Vyke

Smash Champion
Not sure if that's sarcasm responding to sarcasm or not.

The only thing the ignite change really effects is people igniting baron and dragon for the extra damage. And I guess it gets rid of some silly no-smite jungling strats. It also might have something to do with how a new item coming out works with champion source damage. Something like the new jungle items being able to proc off of each ignite tick or something silly like that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

The only thing the ignite change really effects is people igniting baron and dragon for the extra damage. And I guess it gets rid of some silly no-smite jungling strats. It also might have something to do with how a new item coming out works with champion source damage. Something like the new jungle items being able to proc off of each ignite tick or something silly like that.
Jungle Lux needs a leash to be able to kill Golem at all now, roflmao.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

There were also cases where, in some situations, it was really hard (and sometimes impossible) to target Elise without ~ due to her spiders.

Vyke

Smash Champion
There were also cases where, in some situations, it was really hard (and sometimes impossible) to target Elise without ~ due to her spiders.
You aren't able to target enemy minions with ignite. The Elise thing was just something they overlooked.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anyone have any idea how much AS Elise's spiders have?

Cause i did a bit of really basic mathcrafting and she's looking at 240 + .8 AP over human form attacks between her spiderlings and her bonus magic damage.

Her neurotoxin's scaling is super crappy too, currently it requires a 4k current hp target to give it an effective .8 ap ratio. So the per AA damage scales better then neurotoxin and the pure base is slightly higher but with the opponent's hp scaling neurotoxin will rarely do less damage... but that's a per AA rotation number.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like the later game it gets, the less reason there is to turn Elise into human form at all in teamfights unless you need to replenish spiderlings.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Why is Diana so damn strong?

I just had a game where I had Rabadons, Nashors, Abyssal, Lich Bane, Sorc boots and Zhonyas and I was wrecking everything.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I dunno I think her laning is pretty easy.

Unless you are against someone that likes you getting in close like Annie, Brand, Kassadin.

You just press q whenever they go to last hit and it does a ton of damage.

It only costs 50 mana at all ranks too.

Her passive also scales incredibly well.

Top Bottom