• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean it makes sense. Bruisers probably get the most benefit of the bonus early gold, and no warding means you need to be prepared for fighting/ambush/bad things doing down. Who else better than the Darius/Garens of the world?

Vyke

Smash Champion
They probably need to do more to halt bruiser dominance than just making the exp gain lower. It's a good step. But again, I'm pretty sure people just insta-lock with no set comp in mind to deal with them.

AD Carries were often picked on the old TT at high elo, and were necessary. How often did you encounter them on the old TT?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I mean it makes sense. Bruisers probably get the most benefit of the bonus early gold, and no warding means you need to be prepared for fighting/ambush/bad things doing down. Who else better than the Darius/Garens of the world?
You mean bruisers get the most out of there simply being less sources of damage in a fight.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They aren't the only people who benefit from that. It's more along the lines of extra starting gold gives them a more noticeable early game buff, no wards makes the squishy babies less safe/makes more sense to run those beefy guys because at least Darius or Morde or Cho won't get burst down as fast if they get caught or have to fight. Less damage sources is fine and does benefit them, but that arguably benefits people like Tryn Poppy Jax more. Makes strategies like Zilean Tryn more viable, not necessarily Garen Zilean (although with the removal of GA that might be reallllly lame).

Again, the no wards part just feels off. Sure it's fun if you can afford to walk around and not die, but makes those "Annie" games frustrating if you have to live in fear of Shaco Box/getting ambushed. Sure, means if you ARE Annie you can go catch people in nooks and crannies, but then people would start picking the tankier characters to not worry and now what? Just fulfills the cycle imo. Most team comps I have seen are stuff like Olaf Irelia Jayce Darius Morde Jax with sneaky stuff added in like Shaco Teemo. Maybe a bit of variety like Morde Cho Pant, or hard focus Sion Anivia blah blah.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
What elo are you guys playing at? How do you play the map? How do your opponents? Are you running a smite? a "jungler"? What summoner spells are you finding success with? What picks and bans are you working with?

Note: I'm more interested in your guys' perception of playing the map than I am about how you think it should be played. I'm pretty sure I actually have a pretty good handle on how to actually play the map (working on 2nd team going up to diamond, 15-0 and counting), but I'd like to get a wider range of experiences for giving feedback on the map.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't play it ranked, so I can't say. I'm not sure about Smite, it seems less necessary without having to control red buff anymore.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've tried jungling and the variety of junglers u can actually use seems very low compared to regular SR.

I think triple bruiser or double bruiser+mage isn't as strong as ppl think.

U get an adc like ezreal/caitlyn at bottom lane with a strong support or cc like nautlius, cho, sion, blitz, taric and they can't even stay in lane very long due to sheer harass.

At the same time low range(vayne/graves) and/or low mobility/escape(ashe/sivir) adcs don't work well at all.

AoE seems to be a much higher necessity in 3v3.

Ppl like karthus, anivia, cho, etc. are some of the best champs to work with a team comp.

As far as bans go i almost always autoban amumu and malphite unless i have first pick. Runner ups are jax and riven.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lot of people have used a jungler or roamer, just without smite. I don't think Smite would probably be that important, only useful thing to smite is Vilemaw and it seems to be pretty hard to solo it early/mid game.

Spells basically Flash and whatever else you need. Ignite Exhaust etc. With the amount of brush walls tiny gaps etc flash is good, although probably not as strong as it was on old TT since you can't flash into their nexus from the other side/flashing in or out of dragon area etc. Ghost feels much more viable because there are longer stretches of walls/areas that you can't flash over, so if you get caught or catch someone and they have to flash you just ghost and mow them down anyways. Or flashing over a wall here may only get you 60% as far away as you could with some of TT's little nooks.

It tends to play out as a more aggressive TT. It's much harder to turtle your base, easier to get an edge like capping both altars and chipping away at the other team. No wards means if people are overly cautious you steamroll them with altar/jungle control, and promotes sticking together even moreso to be ready for teamfights (which will make the game hopefully play out faster than 2 junglers duking it out in the jungle or everyone dancing around dragon/red)

I'm not a fan of the no ward situation, and the alternative isn't very friendly as far as useful for the entire cast goes. The stealth mist being on basically a wriggles ensures that jungler/bruiser/maybe AD carry will use it, which doesn't seem amazing. 10 seconds then 50 of nothing in a small area, vision wards probably reveal more than the mist does. And you still have to get the specific spot right, you can't sweep a general area with it. If two bushes, plus your altar, have a shroom or box or trap in them, you may get 1-2 of them.

Item wise, I kind of like what they did. The stupid Blade though may need a bit of a touch, it kind of does a LOT lol. Diversifies your damage, gives solid healing, gunblade active. Best item hands down for trying to solo vilemaw, even with the monster cap at 120. Shred their health and also stay healthy doing it. GG

Leacero

Smash Lord
What elo are you guys playing at? How do you play the map? How do your opponents? Are you running a smite? a "jungler"? What summoner spells are you finding success with? What picks and bans are you working with?

Note: I'm more interested in your guys' perception of playing the map than I am about how you think it should be played. I'm pretty sure I actually have a pretty good handle on how to actually play the map (working on 2nd team going up to diamond, 15-0 and counting), but I'd like to get a wider range of experiences for giving feedback on the map.
I'm around 1800 right now going for diamond. My team has just been running Morde/Riven/Malph whenever we can (when Singed isn't available), subbing in Wukong/Cho/Jayce/Udyr when needed. Basically we just aim for the level 6 stomp team. A lot of our opponents have been running some random Olaf/Lee stuff and none of that is a problem. The biggest problem we've been having are early ganks on Morde which sets us behind, so we're going to probably replace Morde out of our rotation soon. We don't run smite ever, the jungle is easy enough to do well without it and it's not very important for Vilemaw contention.

For summoners we've been running one flash/ignite and two flash/exhausts (substituting ghost for Singed and some others). As for bans we've been typically banning Singed if we're not first pick, Jax, and a third that depends on what they've banned.

P.S. get us free RP, thanx

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm around 1800 right now going for diamond. My team has just been running Morde/Riven/Malph whenever we can (when Singed isn't available), subbing in Wukong/Cho/Jayce/Udyr when needed. Basically we just aim for the level 6 stomp team. A lot of our opponents have been running some random Olaf/Lee stuff and none of that is a problem. The biggest problem we've been having are early ganks on Morde which sets us behind, so we're going to probably replace Morde out of our rotation soon. We don't run smite ever, the jungle is easy enough to do well without it and it's not very important for Vilemaw contention.

For summoners we've been running one flash/ignite and two flash/exhausts (substituting ghost for Singed and some others). As for bans we've been typically banning Singed if we're not first pick, Jax, and a third that depends on what they've banned.

P.S. get us free RP, thanx
are you running a "jungler" with this setup? Do you run a 1-2 lane setup? 1-1-roamer/jungler? how do you pick your fights, where does your farm come from, when do you pressure objectives and how do you value objectives relative to each other?

Leacero

Smash Lord
are you running a "jungler" with this setup? Do you run a 1-2 lane setup? 1-1-roamer/jungler? how do you pick your fights, where does your farm come from, when do you pressure objectives and how do you value objectives relative to each other?
We run a 1-1 lane with a roamer/jungler to start with, and we alternate depending on what our needs are. So if we find that our initial jungler is falling behind in levels we get him to take the lane for a while and switch the champion that's in the jungle. Assuming we get the team comp I mentioned earlier, we usually look to invade their altar the second each of us gets our ults. After that, assuming double altar control, we make sure we're ready to fight once the altar becomes unlocked again. We usually don't like to fight before then unless there's a guaranteed option for a kill. Altars are always on the top of our list for objectives and we always take the big creep from each enemy jungle camp whenever we safely can.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Item wise, I kind of like what they did. The stupid Blade though may need a bit of a touch, it kind of does a LOT lol. Diversifies your damage, gives solid healing, gunblade active. Best item hands down for trying to solo vilemaw, even with the monster cap at 120. Shred their health and also stay healthy doing it. GG
Blade of the Ruined King is coming to Summoner's Rift, as well as the Wicked Hatchet.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31199368#post31199368

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm not playing ranked on TT but I'll comment on the Smite, since I actually think it's useful.

Obviously it depends on the champ I'm playing. If I'm running Shyvana, for example, I don't need it at all. But if I'm running someone who's either heavily gank-dependent or who jungles slowly/dangerously at level 1 then I'll consider it. It's just so nice to get to the ganking as quickly as I can.

It also depends on the other jungler, too. Sometimes the opposing jungler will be someone who loses like half their health clearing the first camp because they don't have smite. (For this I predict they won't carry smite.) So then at 2 minutes they're standing on their altar at half health for everyone to see. Easy counter. I don't always get first blood but our team usually starts off with both altars.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't like the idea of a Philostone nerf. I think the item is perfectly fine as it is, and I'm not sure Eleisa's will be worth buying at all. As a support, I think exhaust is almost 100% necessary, so there's no incentive to take the aid passive for CV, Heal, or Revive (wtf? Revive?)

I don't know when I'd get this item, while still getting my gold back from Philo (although apparently buying this item out of Philo gives you gold back as opposed to just selling Philo...still...Shurelya's is super good).

I dunno. Maybe I just hate change.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
guys, i kinda suck at this game

everyone steals my kills and I usually only get 1 to 5 kills a game (and like, 4 to 7 deaths but usually 11 to 20 assists).

Someone teach me to last hit champions better. I use relatively squishy champions.

kgo

thanks <3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not like lanes are gonna change significantly. No more Ranged AD mid, no more Corki vs Annie top, etc

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So far this week Ive gotten a Quadra a day. Didnt play League on Sunday, but Monday I got one with Twitch, Tuesday one with Miss Fortune, Wednesday one with Corki, Thursday one with Graves, and just now (its Friday technically) one with Varus.

Dem ADCs

Lovage

Smash Hero
i'm not at all lol

fiddle has been the "unconventional bot" for so long but he's always sucked ****

try something actually new like malphite and watch urself smash the competition

Niko45

Smash Master
If you don't think fiddle is a good/viable support is one thing but to say malph is better is another...

triple the base damage, triple the disable duration. NBD

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Poppy support will always be my favorite. Especially against aggressive lanes like Leona and Blitzcrank. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Okuser why did you say Syndra hard counters LB? I don't understand.
But I wonder if she can pick up Zed's shadow clones... that would be hard counter status :bee:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
From the sounds of it, I don't think the shadow clones are targettable.

If they are, I'd expect them to be tagged as champions -- expecting accidental exhausts and such on them.

Skler

Smash Master
Hey smashers, do any of you play this game in like, ranked 5s and stuff? I kind of want to get into a ranked 5s team that plays a couple times a night. Uh, if ELO matters I'm 1510 and NO I AM NOT RAISING IT UNTIL S3 STARTS.

Top Bottom