• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What they mean, is that Barrier at low levels will probably be super nerfed, and the CD of Barrier will go massively up. The CD of the spell is ridic even in proving ground

D

Deleted member

with %pen going first in S3 I think actually more people will build void staff rather tahn less. also they are obviously plannign a replacement item for FoN.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Xypherous said:
The whole paradigm of X class gets a MS item Y is actually starting to show where the faults are. In order to specialize for movement speed, you have to build into a very specific item - which naturally creates this weird power gap where a class that is perfectly catered by item Y gets MS while every other class pays a gold tax of unwanted stats to get the same mobility. This naturally leads to people wanting more MS/X items for a specific class - which seems to suggest that maybe what people actually want is more ubiquitous movement options that don't consume slots rather than a continuous stream of one-off items with MS% randomly on it.
Is the only reason I don't think the movement speed will go to Warmogs. Either way, I 'm excited for all these new items.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
thanks to this damn patch delay i managed to hit gold in time
5 game win streak with malzahar because he is the best ap carry in the game
3/0 with Promote malzahar
gg

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm surprised you went three games with Malzahar with promote nonetheless where no one trolled you. Or did the promoted minion just hard carry them anyways?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I used words in champ select to explain that I wasn't a troll. Everything turned out well. Promote's actually extremely nice against champs that can autoclear waves (Anivia etc) because it gives you some time to get tower shots in while you're sieging.
Or you can just push a lane with it then wander elsewhere. I mostly just took promote when the enemy mid was TF, because I could push the **** out of his lane whenever he dared to ult away. And it's an easy lane where I wouldn't need ignite anyway.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I hope new Black Cleaver triggers on Tiamat splash, that could be fun on Fiora.

I'm trying out support Lee Sin.

He actually does seem like he has a decent kit for the job with some nice quirks. Q is poke/intiation, W for trades and a really good escape/mobility, E is useful during fights, and his displacement ult can turn fights around with being able to disengage and alter positioning. Buying wards in general makes Lee Sin more mobile, so that is also a plus. Being an energy user, his sustain is amazing and you don't have to waste gold on common support items like charm.

In team fights you can build tanky so you can intiate well and with a randuins equipped, you'll be doing something productive.

I just can't really imagine the bottom lane matchups though. I'm gonna need to try it out and see how it actually works lol.

/really bored of standard supports.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Leacero has been playing a lot of TT, he might be able to give some solid insight.

I also have not been that interested to play or even watch it (though then again, I don't play much anyway).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm am le curious. What do you smashboarders think of the new TT?
I dislike that wards are gone, and the "alternative" of the lantern mist isn't cutting it. Stuff like Shaco is really gay. Bruisers get the gold advantage early and it's kinda lame watching everyone get Dblade + Boots no prob. On the plus side, not being able to SUPER turtle in your base because you aggro minions to fountain is a huge plus. I don't think the map really changes stuff comp wise, just "sneaky" stuff gets gayer due to no wards.

D

Deleted member

Tentative Stats (In Testing)

Eleisa's Miracle (1175 Gold)
+10 Health per 5 seconds
+15 Mana per 5 seconds
Removed Tenacity
Unique Passive - Aid: Your Heal, Clairvoyance and Revive cooldowns are reduced by 20%
Unique Passive: If you gain 3 levels while holding Eleisa's Miracle, you gain 10 HP/5, 15 MP/5 and the Aid Passive permanently and the item disappears from your inventory.
note: philo gives 15HP/5 and xypherous suggested that will be changed (aka philostone nerf). also

There are three other summoner spells that get a paired item to "boost" them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Those stats are gonna have to get buffed most likely. What incentive is there to get this item, when you could turn P Stone into a Shurelia's? You're paying a bit more to lose the G/10, not a huge boost to regen stats (unless P Stone gets mauled), and 2 passives that almost don't matter. Having the item disappear permanently on supports? Are they really slot starved? It's like spending 1K gold for a reversed P Stone (more mana regen over health regen).

I know they are changing a lot of spells, tweaking other items too, but it really doesn't sound that great. The "disappear" aspect of it is basically pointless when people could get P Stone, HOLD ONTO IT to gain gold, and then turn it into the amazing Shurelia's. Or even say that's not an option anymore. How many games are supports starved slot wise that this becomes a viable solution? This isn't 4 moveslot syndrome in Pokemon, supports aren't troubled by that lol.

The stats would have to be around current P Stone + maybe a tad, and maybe even a lower cost. Unless they do massive changes to recipes, gut P Stone, make Shurelia worthless or G/10 worthless, you're not gonna see this item much imo

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
you're not gonna see this item much imo
that's because it'll be invisible!
seriously though, the concept sounds really cool. We'll have to see how the numbers work out, but it has a lot of potential.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You ever have one of those amazing nights?

Was playing with Kevin, Leacero, Gova, and someone else and we queued against and stomped the same team four games in a row. After each game, they banned Cindy's mid. For the fourth game, they had Teemo, Kat, and Morgana all banned.

They just had a really bad night.

But, over the course of those games, we bumped two of them up to an honorable ribbon, rofl.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Any game mode that singed is viable in is fun to me

:phone:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think respawn timer rates is currently way too high per minute (something like 40+ seconds at around 20 minutes seems way longer than previous TT).

Wards are quintessential to the traditional nexus-killing experience to me and I don't think the dominion amalgamation attempt was what "we" (TT loyalists) wanted. It may have better reception as a whole though, but who knows if its a honeymoon period.
The loss of multiple buff controlling at this scale has a really really really different affect in the game and really doesn't feel the same to get +10% damage and bonus gold on last hits (although I'm sure mathematically they're amazing). Character synergy with red was... a point of team comps in 3s for me and it had a much higher character choice scope than what we now have which is 'alternative warding! (shaco / teemo)'. Taking an enemy buff and then being noticeably strong enough to make a successful play is the crux of old TT early game, what we have now just doesn't feel the same. The bonus gold start but what seems to be regular gold over time gains doesn't gel as well either.

I don't think I like the amount of brush; lack of wards was one thing, removing the ability to ever have sight of anything that isn't within 400-500 range of you is... weird. I like blind spots, I don't like being blind everywhere and needing to have 3 sight poppers to function at all.

A lot of the fun for me right now is coming from the item choices. Would I enjoy these items in the old TT more? I'd perhaps be raging towards LEE SIN THE TELEPORTING ABILITY HEALING ACROBAT OF GLORY that would happen, but oh god I'd probably live with it (or perma ban status). I also definitely do like the anti-stall design changes though.

WHO IS iKilly!?!?!
He's an Australian smasher who stalks these boards but never posts. I think he graduated high school recently and has all the time in the world to be gaining MASSIVE ELO <3

Vyke

Smash Champion
you're not gonna see this item much imo
Consider that Shurelya may not be what it is come the same patch, especially since this isn't the only new support item we're getting.

I love the new TT. I think it's great. I like the lack of wards (though wish there were more vision items because of this, or reduce the CD on Lantern/Hextech). Respawn timers are fine for the amount of action there is. Bruisers still feel really strong, but I suspect that being mostly people's mentality being stuck in the old TT.

Top Bottom