• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

PB&J

Smash Hero
if im not mistaken there were like 9 fox's on the same side of the bracket,florida was on the same side of the bracket as usual but yeah, bracket was stacked

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
....Javi....he's so good...I think he could probably beat Hbox if they were to play a second time. He definitely figured him out third game of their set.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i want to do shout outs to the many fox's i played but honestly their were to many to remember.

so instead just a quick shout out to zolar

It was fun playing you, and someone who plays against armada kinda regularly it was real cool to have you tell me you thought my peach was good. (in case u didnt know i was the guy who on day two didnt hear your accent at first and when told me u were from sweden i was surprised, then we talked about how warm the day was and we had a Fahrenheit Celsius conversion issue). Anyway it was nice meeting you, you were a real nice guy and fun to play against

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, otto got a really unlucky bracket.

Mine was pretty lucky. I could've easily gotten 7th with it (no offense to those in my bracket).

But yeah, the tourney was mad fun. My goal was to make top 8, but I was one spot away. I think I played really well most of friday up until about 10PM that day. Sunday I was playing really bad all day, but it didn't matter (hence the placing).

Once I wake up later it's back to the grind.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
There seem to be certain positions when Falco is doing dair-shine pressure that a proper (fast) shine oos will miss him because of weird body contortions and it's hella gay. But in those cases it seems like up smash oos will hit him (can't shield grab because Falco jumps too high and body contortions).

This game is strange.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm just going to give a quick shoutout to Leffen. He's quite good, and he definitely made me better at the Fox/Peach MU. I definitely want to see you do better next time, though.

Meneks

Smash Lord
the same way as people who use y?..
Using Y is a hell of a lot easier to use than X.

If you use X you kinda have you travel over the A button which is a bit more tricky.

With Falco I use X to multishine, With fox I use Y.

But thats mainly for muscle memory purposes, though I can't do multishines with fox using X, it just seems to make more sense since your pressing buttons a lot faster and you really don't have to avoid pressing A.

Lovage

Smash Hero
apex was a pretty sick tournament - was **** to chill with otto/washington and all my other ni99as all weekend

- fox is sick
- javi is legit good as ****
- i played pretty awful all day sunday (didnt warm up for ****), but luckily got the easiest pools/bracket possible (no offense to ib/chillin, much offense to drugedfox suck my **** hater) so i don't really feel like i deserved my placing that much but w/e.
- good **** to everyone who made it out

leffen

Smash Champion
you fox mains

are ****ing
retardedly
amazing

yo.

falco mains aint got nothin on u
except westballz
hes nice

i shouldve gotten wasted with you guys during saturday/sunday

sorry ;(

Lovage

Smash Hero
nah i 4 stocked you cuz you choke like fake *** fox player (not a true fox player like me, otto and unknown)

revenge for all the **** you talk about me LOL

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
LOL, Lovage. :)

Btw, Lovage, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on beating Javi 2-0 in the Winner's bracket, and then losing to him 2-0 in the loser's bracket. What do you think changed between the two sets? Was it of you not being technically sound anymore, or did Javi adapt? You know, things like that. Thanks.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Yea I played leffen and he used marth and sdi all of my uairs lol.

Had fun playing drugged fox and Mahone on Saturday

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I need to learn to work on my defensive game :( I've been approaching all my life and honestly whenever i try to play defensive/tack on damage i end up getting *****. I just feel like when i rush down people i can open more options for myself. When i played kage first round i just didn't have my normal fox speed, i tried to make up for it by playing defensively but he kept punching me in the face LOL I'm so salty after apex. Not because of who i lost too, more so because i'll have to wait a long time to try to prove myself again x_x Anyway, good seeing all you sexy mofos, BACK TO THE LAB

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yea you fukked up bro sunday night was fiiiilthyy (first and only time i'm ever gonna say that LMAO)

<3
LOOOL filthy

aight quick shoutouts

Otto and Oscar best foxes ever <3 sorry I didn't make it out sunday night but that ended up being a good idea considering despite the rest I got, I still have a fever now x_X
SFAT my brother from another mother :D man if you had beat Hax I bet you coulda got top 8! that would've been amaaaazing
Leffen LOL dude you're so beast haha wish we got to play more. i'm gonna see about coming to europe this summer :D also LOL WTF the demon summoning in the room down the hall... >___> LOOOOL
Unknown522 omg ilu. wtf such a homie! come to washington in march ^__^
Kirbykaze is sexy <3 also an unreasonab1ly good fox <_<; duuude i hope you can make it to Northwest Manifest :D that'd be sooo sick
Druggedfox close *** teams set haha x_X let's play more next time
PC: damn it sucks you didn't do so hot in the bracket but ****, your fox is amazing. also idk if I told you but your jacket is pretty fkn sick LOL. and with regards to you saying you're not a top fox anymore or whatever, well, you did it once, DO IT AGAIN!! :D
PB&J sorry about our pool rofl. good **** in teams though dude!
Zoler (do you read this?): holy **** you got a lot better man damn. gg's

btw Leffen/Zoler tell Hack I said LOOOL that guy is HILARIOUS

and

Raynex: LMAO you called it, I didn't make bracket cuz I lost to Stricnyne 1-2 >.> (and Wobbles)

btw @PC, yeah I don't think playing defensively really works that well against ganon lol, fat characters like that always like to have space to do stupid stuff. oh well whatever hahah

sooooo

who's gonna join me in watching a bunch of old javi videos on youtube now? HAHAH

unknown522

Some guy
aww, thanks lovage.

Alright, I'm gonna go only fox at the next national (no trying to beat shroomed in doc dittos). The only exception is playing sheik vs samus though. I'm tired of playing vs that char.

Also, lol at that link otto

edit: Toph, you're cool too!

unknown522

Some guy
^ I think I could beat hugs, and various other samus with fox but if I'm gonna play that gay, I might as well make it easy and play sheik. At that point they've already ruined the game for me.

Top Bottom