• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

unknown522

Some guy
how in the blue hell do u defeat marth i find it close to impossible
What Chival Ruse said: U-air a lot.

Anyways, most marths like to DD camp into grab, or move -> grab. You can try over shooting your moves to catch them out of their DD. If they like to CC a lot, then you can run in and dash-cancel into shine and get a waveshine combo. If not, laser them so that they have to approach you. Once they come in, then start DDing to force them to whiff something and then punish it. If you think that they are going to dash-cancel -> d-tilt, then SH over it with a d-air. If they like to stay in the air a lot, they are doing the matchup wrong. Whenever they do an aerial, DD so that they whiff, then SH n-air -> u-tilt/grab and then combo from there. You can hit through marth's n-air because he has a lot of open spots during the move. You can hit his head, or feet with n-air/b-air/f-tilt/f-smash. Your opponent shouldn't be able to approach you with n-air. You can shield grab them for that, or just u-smash them at their feet.

Don't approach marth from the air, or when they are DDing under a platform. There's no good way to approach that.

Edgeguarding is easy as ****. Just marth-killer. If he tries to recover from above, either:

1. Take the ledge and then b-air him with invincibility. He has to either airdodge (which you get to the ground first), or take the hit.
2. Shield his attack, then shine him or force him low
3. then b-air him after he whiffs something, or during the lag of his side-b.

If he tries to recover low:

1. Marth killer
2. Hog and force him onto the stage, then hit him with ledgehop b-air, or u-smash
3. Hit him through his recovery with shine/b-air while you're invincible.
4. B-air/f-tilt/f-smash/d-smash if they miss the sweetspot

You could also just go sheik. She has it easy.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think he just took the pictures from the top 48 @ pound4 vid and applied a pencil filter in photoshop and sat them next to each other.

Anyways, its a pretty cool sig, i like it. Does the bagmilk taste funny?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
No way!

My crummy old elementary school gave me this crap in a sack and decided to call it milk.

I certainly would want to give Canadian milk a try though, I love milk.

(I wonder if Canada exports their bagged milk.)

Turazrok

Smash Master
I can't wavedash far enough to do thunders' T_T. Are the cpu's DIing funny or am I not wavedashing right?

battousai555

Smash Ace
there's pretty much never a reason to do that
you just run off and shine, it's all timing
Do you know which method of grabbing the ledge from a run as a fox is? I always figured chillin dashing was the fastest, but no one could do it consistently enough to put it to good use.

inditled

Smash Apprentice
so, i picked up fox like a month ago, and things are coming along smoothly, although my fox is extreamly defensive becasue i fail at sheild pressure. whats the best way to do said?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I didnt ask whether or not there was a reason.

I know how to play smash. My question is on the mechanics for doing this particular version of the shine.

Does anybody know how to do it consistently? Or at least what I would be looking for to increase the chances of it happening?

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
okay i watch technical foxes like lovage jman pc chris dsw m2k and especially mango and they seem to be so fluid with their sheild pressuring like it seem the l cancel fast fall is so nartual im like 70 percent down with it but i want to perfect it is there any way or a praticing method i could use that will help my sheild pressuring please respond if answers

Stev

Smash Ace
I need help with the timing for SHFFLing a dair into waveshine. I can SHFFL it when it's not hitting anyone, but when all of the hits connect, I always mess up.
you just have to figure out the timing. it's different depending on how high off the ground you are when you hit them and how many times it hits.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
there's pretty much never a reason to do that
you just run off and shine, it's all timing
But if you Chillin Dash you'll slide a good distance horizontally without losing height.
Not that i would recommend that but if you can do it consintently you could surprise your opponent with Chillin dash to turnaround-in-shine-to-backair

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
But if you Chillin Dash you'll slide a good distance horizontally without losing height.
Not that i would recommend that but if you can do it consintently you could surprise your opponent with Chillin dash to turnaround-in-shine-to-backair
I find it really irritating that you have a quote of cash moony on my account.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Do you know which method of grabbing the ledge from a run as a fox is? I always figured chillin dashing was the fastest, but no one could do it consistently enough to put it to good use.
Um, you didn't specify what method you want, so I'm assuming you mean fastest/most practical-edit-lmao "from a run" my bad I'm an idiot sometimes
The best way to get there from a run is edge cancelling a SHL, pivot waveshining, or wd towards ledge then pivot wavedash again in the same direction
You can also shinehog (shine turn upb ledgecancel) or just side b cancel
when not running, you can shine turn wd to the ledge, you can turn wd, you can drop and sweetspot your side b (you shouldn't hear anything but "ping"), you can pc chris edgegrab
Do whichever you like as long as it's safe
so, i picked up fox like a month ago, and things are coming along smoothly, although my fox is extreamly defensive becasue i fail at sheild pressure. whats the best way to do said?
Shine shffl nair. shine turn fading bair is nice too, don't fastfall it.
I need help with the timing for SHFFLing a dair into waveshine. I can SHFFL it when it's not hitting anyone, but when all of the hits connect, I always mess up.
Dair is the only l cancel I still miss with fox sometimes. Each successive hit of the dair will slow your landing, moreso if you're hitting the shield. just hit R really late or you can always mash it because there is no penalty for that

okay i watch technical foxes like lovage jman pc chris dsw m2k and especially mango and they seem to be so fluid with their sheild pressuring like it seem the l cancel fast fall is so nartual im like 70 percent down with it but i want to perfect it is there any way or a praticing method i could use that will help my sheild pressuring please respond if answers
Put your handicap on 1, CPU yoshi, dk, bowser, ganon on 9, and turn damage ratio to .5
or go to training mode and turn on super stars and spawn one onto the other character
Look, if you guys are going to fight me on stupid things, then do it. I'm not trying to tell you how to do stupid things, I'm trying to help people get better at playing fox. You could shine turn bair and put a bair at the same place, it's just a different way to get the same spacing, and it isn't going to surprise anybody who is good.
If that is your ace in the hole on ledge guarding then you probably have a bad fox.
There IS a thread for doing obscure things with fox, you know.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215002

TresChikon

Smash Lord
The best way to get there from a run is edge cancelling a SHL, pivot waveshining, or wd towards ledge then pivot wavedash again in the same direction
Wait, so which one is the fastest?

I see M2K shinehog a lot, but it seems like the canceled SHL would be the best. I dunno, plz tell me so I can practice that one.

Top Bottom