• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Fair gimp on Diddy

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
i just tried the nair it works from behind and front bigger hit box and faster to recover just don't FF.
If Diddy is recovering straight up you do not need the hitbox on the back.

The fact that it recovers faster means it doesnt last as long meaning less margin for error for hitting him out.

And if you miss with either fair or nair youll either get spiked and die or get hit by the diddy kong on the way up so ending lag matters little.

Choice

Smash Champion
this would be more useful at high %'s i think because some diddy's will just always DI bair to the other side of the stage (felix >.>) i think its easier to time with bair though, personally. just wait til you see/hear diddy up b then react. i mean you know he's going to up b eventually so its all you should be focus'd on.

Choice

Smash Champion
bair loses its effectiveness at higher percents though. if fair always works like it did in that vid then i would say that theres no reason to not fair always. we dont use that move for much anything else anyways.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
bair loses its effectiveness at higher percents though. if fair always works like it did in that vid then i would say that theres no reason to not fair always. we dont use that move for much anything else anyways.
Fair works at ANY percent. Once I get my computer back I will get all the footage I can of the Fair gimp and put it all together in an example video.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman

If Diddy is recovering straight up you do not need the hitbox on the back.

The fact that it recovers faster means it doesnt last as long meaning less margin for error for hitting him out.

And if you miss with either fair or nair youll either get spiked and die or get hit by the diddy kong on the way up so ending lag matters little.
you know you still hav a jump after just in case you miss(which you shouldn't) so you can do any thing else after to guarantee the kill of not to get gimped.yeah i know you dont need the hit box in the back but its best to have it and not use it then to use it and not have it. but it works for me i dont care.

>_>

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Probably a few characters can do this. ESAM started doing this with Pikachus bair, except I think they could somehow get around it by holding the rocket longer. Youll have to ask him.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i discussed it/practiced it with enoch...to discover that sour bair is still a much better option in all or most categories.
but yes fact is multiple hitting moves usually work better on diddys barrels.

Choice

Smash Champion
well i think why this works better than bair is caz it sends diddy down essentially. bair can be DI'd out then they live.

also holding barrel longer shouldnt work v pika's bair caz you should be doing this gimp on reaction not like prematurely as he still charges. same goes for falco.

pulse131

Smash Ace
hmmm. dunno. when we tried it falco seemed to have a uh, what shall i call it, uhm, a higher death ratio, so to speak. ya falco died more using forward air ya that was it.

Choice

Smash Champion
falco shouldnt die though. you guys prolly did something incorrect if thats the case...

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i would love an example on video cause i tried this and i can get the hang of it fair sucks i cant wrap my head around actually using it

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
u kidding me? been using this for ages 0.o

wuts next? "OMG you can f-air them into the stage so they get spiked!" cmon... thats probably even easier than dair spike >_>

Oim~

erick gm14

Smash Ace
u kidding me? been using this for ages 0.o

wuts next? "OMG you can f-air them into the stage so they get spiked!" cmon... thats probably even easier than dair spike >_>

Oim~
please respect the newcomers or brawlers that arent as intelligent as most of the posters. the AIB falco thread was filled with bullys on newcomers.. its kinda sad. but just give some leeway

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Fair stagespike is less reliable than dair spike. It's techable.

That being said, who else thought the ending to this match was win? Only because he managed to stagetech to save his ***, then gimp diddy.

I find that made of win.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
please respect the newcomers or brawlers that arent as intelligent as most of the posters. the AIB falco thread was filled with bullys on newcomers.. its kinda sad. but just give some leeway
My bad. I apologize if someone felt offended by what i said.

Stage spike can be teched, yes. But on some situations it is way easier to do, and can kill with less damage. So even when dair spike is stronger and untechable. Sometimes stage spike is a better idea.

Oim~

erick gm14

Smash Ace
isnt falcos baby foot bair safer(his sourspot bair from the other foot)? it just nicks diddys up and diddy falls lol. better option imo

Denzi

Smash Master

It probably is better, but I think the whole point of using Fair is that you don't even have to try to get the timing right.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
or you could just use falco's bair and gimp diddy 100% of the time. cough cough

J4pu

Smash Champion
Why use Fair?
weak Bair is a better choice in most situations

also, super old, I haven't even played brawl since like March or something and even then it wasn't new.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
larry tried to use this vs felix to no avail twice at MLG

larry did you f.ck it up or does this not work
I faired him when I was invincible from the ledge, so I didn't get hit out of it.

Top Bottom