• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if he didn't have to go through his specialfall landing animation it wouldn't be that bad. :/

Renth

Smash Hero
It's just another thing I have fun with, I like to troll Ricky because I don't play doctor mario but I can do reverse up b cancels with him lol. Glitches and exploits are my thing, if there's an exploit I've perfected it Ricky will tell ya hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y57Yq6tEq9w

This is how I use to have fun with the game

Shroomed

Smash Master
I only get so much sex because my gf likes sex even more than me. =)

I really need to stop uptilting so much and spot dodging so much, Jeff punished me for this a lot with delayed aerials.

Anyone see any other aspect of my game where I'm lacking?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Simple question.

What are my options out of DThrow if G&W has port priorty? Would it be better to use Fthrow/Bthrow when Uthrow is no longer going to combo?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I only get so much sex because my gf likes sex even more than me. =)

I really need to stop uptilting so much and spot dodging so much, Jeff punished me for this a lot with delayed aerials.

Anyone see any other aspect of my game where I'm lacking?
I was implying about the figurative sex that your fellow audience gives you everytime they get impressed at your gameplay, lol. But YOU have a gf now?! Everybody is gettin' caked up these days, lol+smh.

And you do some risky *** FH f-airs that should NOT work so well, but ppl seem to jump into those things anyway. Other than that you're not really lacking much vs Falcon. I think the Falcon is lacking a very important tool though. I don't wanna really put it out there though, because is Jeff found out about it.... well, that match-up might become a lot worse for you. It makes Falcon is kinda broken vs Doc.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
That cape comparison was pretty interesting and got me thinking...If you could combine the Mario and Doc would he move up the tier list? I would take:

Jab - Mario
U-tilt - Mario
D-tilt - Mario
F-tilt - Doc

Usmash - Doc
Dsmash - Doc
Fsmash - Mario

Uair - Mario
Dair - Mario
Nair - Mario
Fair - Doc

UpB - Doc
DownB - Doc
Cape - Mario
Neutral B - Doc

Dash - Doc
Grab - Mario (don't think these are any different)

Who would I want the character to be combined into - Mario(i.e. give mario the doc versions of the moves above rather than the other way around)

Would it be enough to get him into A tier?

BigWenz

Smash Ace
That cape comparison was pretty interesting and got me thinking...If you could combine the Mario and Doc would he move up the tier list? I would take:

Jab - Mario
U-tilt - Mario
D-tilt - Mario
F-tilt - Doc

Usmash - Doc
Dsmash - Doc
Fsmash - Mario

Uair - Mario
Dair - Mario
Nair - Mario
Fair - Doc

UpB - Doc
DownB - Doc
Cape - Mario
Neutral B - Doc

Dash - Doc
Grab - Mario (don't think these are any different)

Who would I want the character to be combined into - Mario(i.e. give mario the doc versions of the moves above rather than the other way around)

Would it be enough to get him into A tier?
with cape are u referring to the lift he gets from using it in the air? cause personally if docs cape gave him lift theirs no reason imo to take marios cape over docs.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to explain to me the nuances of the Doc vs. Mario attack hitboxes, besides the obvious ones (pill, Nair, Fsmash, etc.)? What's the difference between their Uairs, Ftilts, jabs, etc?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
doc's uair does 10 damage while mario's does 11 (and thus has more knockback)

i'll post info on the rest later. in class atm. doc's utilt has a hitbox that sends forward tho.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Anyone want to explain to me the nuances of the Doc vs. Mario attack hitboxes, besides the obvious ones (pill, Nair, Fsmash, etc.)? What's the difference between their Uairs, Ftilts, jabs, etc?
up tilt - marios always send u straight up and is better for comboing/juggling while docs sends u seemingly random directions including almost perpendicular to the uptilting arm.

jabs - marios jab jab jab combo is alot faster then docs. jab jab jab to jab jab jab is actually a combo for mario while it doesnt work for doc.

Max?

Smash Champion
With proper spacing, Doc's utilt pops people straight up as well. Anti-air Utilt -> fair is really gratifying, especially on spacies who are too Dair heavy.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i tend to still d.throw because either they're going to tech or they're not (which is free d.smash or jab)

If they tech, you can regrab with a sharp reaction because it's g&w, it's not like he's gunna tech far away or anything.

you can also f.smash if you think they're not going to tech. Keep in mind g&w is light, so if you grab -> d.throw immediately, it's a hard reaction for them. it's to the point of where they have to guess where you're going to throw them when they get grabbed.

-blah blah continues ranting in circles knowing nobody really cares-

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i forget, why does port priority matter in fighting game n watch?
In that matchup, if Doc has higher port, g&w bounces on the ground like every other character (meaning he gets scraped free)

if g&w has it, he sticks like he does vs most people.

*sits back in rocking chair*

and people wonder why I said we should never forget port priority rules. Why, I remmeber back in my day when we made a huge fuss about port priority, CPing ports, and -blahdeblahdeblah-

^_^

----shameless plug----

click the t down there, follow me on twitter. Get APEX2012 updates. I'm gunna be posting about deals and other stuff when they give them to me. Tell your friends to follow me.

If nothing else, you can hear about the random stuff I do now.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Why do all of Dogy's posts sound so salty nowadays? :(
Cause he's old!! Old angry black man!
^^^

And cause it's more fun that way.

But na, I did laugh when I said the CPing ports thing in my head, cause I do remember years ago when somebody beat me on Corneria, and I just CP'd my port to... p1 i think? Top of the fin, and 3 stocked him.

I also remember playing j00t at TO5 after i figured out the port priority thing. That man straight bumped (i think) rx out the way to grab player 1 before I could shake Rx's hand. When I saw him drop the icon on G&W, I was like "OH YOU *******, WHO THE F*** ACTUALLY READS WHAT I POST ON SWF ANYWAY?!?!?"

-rocks back'n'forth- those were the good ol' days.

Max?

Smash Champion
Throw pills back. When you get a grab or hit, punish him to death with a combo or edgeguard. If you can't land a grab or hit, you're not throwing pills enough/correctly

Top Bottom