• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Any tips for platform tech-chasing, particularly vs Spacies? Normally I go for a waveland->regrab, but sometimes there isn't enough time for that. Sometimes I go for Fairs, but tech in place ->shield has a pretty small vulnerability window and teching away is often difficult to reach. Also, sometimes spacies shine ASAP. Is there any way I could be covering more of these options?

Max?

Smash Champion
The last time I played Jman in tournament he did nothing but shoot lasers at me all 3 games. JV 3ed him Game 1, barely lost game 2 on Stadium and then only lost game 3 cause of an SD at 0%. All I'm saying is, that **** is fake.

Get at me

Max?

Smash Champion
Word, I've always wanted to play you (despite how much I hate Doc dittos). Used to be a big fanboy before I got ****. Now I idolize no one.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, I saw BobMoney's combo vid three years ago, which really put me on edgeguarding.

SmashMac's matches put me on tech skill. I had no idea Doc could move so fast and smooth until I saw SmashMac dashing all over the place.

Oh and I still love Doc dittos. Would totally money match ANY Doc player in here, seriously... except Dogysamich, he would probably still beat me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
D: But I can't!

Have you ever tried trolling that salty-*** mofo?

It's ****ing impossible. I gave up a long time ago---specifically after he beat me with his Kirby, of all characters.

Smooth Criminal

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wait, i see my name came up as target of future malice.

and now I'm... in cahoots with somebody else?

and then I'ma troll for playing my low tier main?

.... -shruuuuuuuuuuuuuuug-

For the record, as much stuff as I do, have, and possibly will ever talk about melee, Doc dittoes on FD will ALWAYS be one of my favorite forms of head-to-head gaming.

Full Court da byess!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
@SB: Sure. Hopefully that's not the first time I've played melee in 2012 or in the past 6 months (both are possible)

@Ricky: CEO* unless I have a ridiculously bad memory (which is entirely possible, but iirc the B Bros didnt go to TO6)

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
what should i do when a fox upthrows me. i know i can jump out of it before fox can get a full hop up air, but i get ***** without my second jump. i try to nair out of the upthrow to conserve my jump but when i do that i always get hit by the up air. help

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
bair has better speed/hitboxes than nair in terms of breaking out, so if you want to try to trade with the first hit of uair or even risk trading with the 2nd hit, thats your move. I think i may have seen shroomed use dair for this, but i'm not sure his reasoning behind it.

In any case, unless you are in kill percent, its not that big of a deal to get hit by the uair. Personally, i would choose to trade/get hit by the uair just to test the fox's balls, at least at the beginning of a set. If he is consistently going for it and winning out of the trade, you are probably forced to eat the uair or jump. Jumping isnt that bad, just don't try to attack him on the way down. Land on a platform even if it means getting hit because worst comes to worst you can still CC and you have your jump back. If the option is available, just fall to the edge. Don't forget that doc does have some pretty good control of his fall speed by using cape and downb (which can be made to stall or fall faster if you're feeling really tricky).

tl;dr you have a lot of options, just remember not to rely on attacking from a defensive position

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yea i watched some advent vids and it didnt even look like people where playing serious....
Melee, as a whole, has kinda been like that for years. Yeah, you have people who still tryhard; but some of the "spotlight players" have honestly been messin' around for a while and the community's kinda accepted it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wait, i see my name came up as target of future malice.

and now I'm... in cahoots with somebody else?

and then I'ma troll for playing my low tier main?

.... -shruuuuuuuuuuuuuuug-

For the record, as much stuff as I do, have, and possibly will ever talk about melee, Doc dittoes on FD will ALWAYS be one of my favorite forms of head-to-head gaming.

Full Court da byess!
doc dittos suck ****

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Nah. I was serious, I just tried other chars besides Doc. My Doc. wasn't doing as great as I wanted him to so I pulled out that Fox and did some work.

Max?

Smash Champion
Project is ****ing horribad tho, all I'm saying. You gonna have to put in that 9-5 homie, that or move to NY.

Shroomed

Smash Master
My gameplay is stupid, I don't think you want me advising people on how to play man.

Bob$ is the smartest doc I've seen, I'd ask him.

I wish him vs M2K got recorded at Genesis.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If OTG did it...it would probably be something like.

"See, in this type of situation, you should this move here..cause its swag, and if you don't, you're mad fake."

not a bad thing :)

Top Bottom