• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Max?

Smash Champion
It was EXTREMELY close.

I think you think a little too highly of yourself bro and look down on the West Coast.
You'll be educated at Apex lol.
While I definitely do think very highly of myself, I think that you guys blatantly ignore me and have done nothing but put me down since I started performing well. So continue to sleep. I respect you dude, you're definitely the best Doc, not a question. Still not too sure why you guys feel the need to initiate **** talking me (not you specifically, but *****s from NorCal). I'm admittedly a troll, but I really can't recall what I did to warrant your guys bull****.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd be curious to see if worse Doc beating Shroomed in dittos is just a Waffles thing because of his gay style or if otg could do it too and start a trend.

D

Deleted member

While I definitely do think very highly of myself, I think that you guys blatantly ignore me and have done nothing but put me down since I started performing well. So continue to sleep. I respect you dude, you're definitely the best Doc, not a question. Still not too sure why you guys feel the need to initiate **** talking me (not you specifically, but *****s from NorCal). I'm admittedly a troll, but I really can't recall what I did to warrant your guys bull****.
for all the hype you give yourself... you better ****

people like kage who keep hyping themselves up, and then sucking dik... meh..

just wonderign, what are your big wins? i am an ignorant west coast dude so i've never really heard of u, or even watched a vid of u probably

==

as for closeness of matches, winners finals shouldve been a 3-0, phuck that

Shroomed

Smash Master
No, I was straight shielding because he can't really down throw knee me unless he's near frame perfect. So I was just going to take the shield abuse but it somehow hit me through my shield.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You probably got Falco'd. Y'know how Falco sometimes gets hit through his shield because his Mohawk is sticking out? Some shenanigans like that probably occurred.

Either that or you got jittery and your hands did something without your brain's consent.

Max?

Smash Champion
Sorry boys, been gone for a few days

otg why don't you use your other account anymore?
At the time I didn't really want to troll anymore and wanted to keep a low profile on the boards, but it's damn near impossible. Gotta shake this fake *** website up.

just wonderign, what are your big wins? i am an ignorant west coast dude so i've never really heard of u, or even watched a vid of u probably
HBK, Eggm, Cactus, DJ, Alu, Forward, chops, G$, Nando, reno, velocity, and more, just can't remember atm. This is all from this summer (baring Nando who I haven't played in bracket since November, but 2-0ed that *****).

I should've beat Jman at the No Johns in August, jv3ed him game 1 on BF, barely lost game 2 on Stadium last stock last hit (which was a 6 minute match where he did nothing but run away and shoot lasers at me) and then threw away game 3 by missing an EASY gimp last stock on FoD and getting shine spiked at 0% for it. Imma get him next time tho.

As for not seeing vids of me, I try to keep it that way. And for the record Kirbykaze, I'm a big fan of Doc dittos. At the last sudden death in September I 2-0ed Velocity, 2 stock game 1 on Yoshis and Jv4 on Stadium game 2. Velocity is another Doc in Tristate from PA who has a bunch of impressive tourney wins this summer as well (including Nando, G$ and probably more, can't remember), so while he may not be shroomed level, the guy is definitely good.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's not something to brag about really.

Got distracted by the commentary after a bit. It sucked.

Glad for the guy hosting tho.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah... was is it SFAT commentating at the first half?

Anyway, back to what OTG was saying about the Luigis a few months ago... it's tricky matchup MU. Luigi has a really good in and out game. I've known for sometime already that Luigi is a pretty good character. But, after playing against Blea Gelo, I learned that Luigi has great shield pressure. Like the guy knew how to guard the ledge and keep me in enough hitstun to where I could barely do anything.

Watch out guys, Luigi is a tricky MU.
And watch out for Falcon too.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Standing Pill proved effective in friendlies versus Ajp. I went from being threestocked to winning games. :D

Results may vary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah it was Sfat for the first half. (I think)

I will try to listen to it muted to be able to watch it entirely, for the first half at least.

----

lets talk doc anyways. Sup guys.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I can see exactly what's goin' on in both the WF and GF sets. Those could've went better for either one of you. If you guys want any tips, hit me (VGmastaRicky) up on AIM sometime. I know a good bunch about Falcon vs Doc, even though it's a difficult MU. If you guys are straight on the MU already, then I deem any input unnecessary for now.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I just have one question. I love to use doc occasionally, but I find myself getting ***** by Sheik's U-airs. I can read the sheiks at my club really well and start off with a 2 stock lead, but once they started using U-airs (on platform stages) I just get destroyed and lose the match. Whats some good options for when sheik starts abusing U-airs? It's just Sheik's U-air that gives me a bunch of trouble.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How are they using it? I think its the spacing/positioning of it, not just the move itself. Sheik's uair is pretty good from below if used right, so you might be better off just not allowing yourself to be put above sheik so easily.

Jasou

Smash Ace
It's once they get me off the ground, they are able to keep me up above the platforms and in the air by using it. It really throws off my on the ground playstyle. If they come up with other aerials I like to cape them, which has always worked for me, but they U-air rising under me so capeing can't help me here.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Idk, just hold left/right if you get hit. Try to land on a platform and shield. When they hit your shield just wavedash and you're free.

Oh, and use your jump wisely.

Top Bottom