• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OTG/Shroomed: what are your thoughts on the Falco and Sheik match-ups, ratio-wise?

Max?

Smash Champion
I can agree with that, I personally find Sheik to be a little tougher, but Shroomed is definitely way more confident and better at that matchup than I've seen any other Doc, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. I think that both spacies can be argued pretty close to evenish, but you aren't going to find many people that agree with me lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I find Shiek and Falco to be the hardest match ups for me.

Max?

Smash Champion
At the end of the day, they probably are. Then it's probably Marth, then Falcon, then MAYBE Peach?, then a toss up of a number of characters, tho by that point and time we've pretty much hit the "close enough to even" mark where it doesn't matter.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i dnt mind fighting marth for some reason....

shiek n falco are MADDD HOMO...

fox is also homo...
I don't mind playing Marth or Peach either. No cash is much better at tippers now so I have to remember not to be at that distance hahaha.

But it's easy to gimp Marth. Not really. He has ton of options... but it's easy to bair him I guess. U kno?

Shroomed

Smash Master
Depends on how well they spaced the dair. If they're doing shield grab spacing and it stabs your shield then you can easily SDI far enough. If they're on your body then no.

I don't know what being a bidoof means either hahaha.

A mistake perhaps?

boss8

Smash Hero

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
can fair on shield be shieldgrabbed if done properly? I used to think it couldn't be shield grabbed if you just fastfall + lc and then jab/dsmash after but i get shieldgrabbed all the time nowadays so I'm not sure if i'm just doin it wrong.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah just delay your fair. fair -> jab can't be shieldgrabbed until after the jab.

Max?

Smash Champion
I mean, I can do it too and my Fox is pretty basic in terms of tech skill and execution....

I just think most Fox's are pretty bad on the low, don't know it's possible to Waveshine usmash Doc and/or are so ingrained to take Waveshine -> grab that they ignore the better alternative entirely.

Basically, most people that play this game now are bad.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
As far as the waveshine to usmash thing on Doc., it works if you waveshine perfectly and sometimes, if the Doc. SDIs the shine away you, may need to buffer a dash after the waveshine to connect the usmash. You can also u-throw - uair Doc. with Fox. Pretty difficult to do, but it does work.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
just running up smash its easy. X and up-C at the same time.

u docs ever gonna beat the top jiggs? i hear doc wins this MU cuz of pills and Cape to f smash to punish rests but idk ive not seen it in practice.
x and up c? dont most ppl use up on the analog stick and up c? what fingers do you use? sorry that this is off topic lol

Anand

Smash Journeyman
x and up c? dont most ppl use up on the analog stick and up c? what fingers do you use? sorry that this is off topic lol
Claw: index finger on X and thumb on C-stick. You just kind of rotate your whole hand upward to push X and smash up on the C-stick (almost? I think you have to push X one frame earlier) simultaneously. This way you don't have to stop holding analog stick in the direction you're running. Cactuar made a post about this pretty recently on the Fox boards.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
just running up smash its easy. X and up-C at the same time.

u docs ever gonna beat the top jiggs? i hear doc wins this MU cuz of pills and Cape to f smash to punish rests but idk ive not seen it in practice.
I dunno. I still have to work on that matchup. I think I need to improve on my pilling which is not good at all.

Jiggs is ez to manage but against a good jiggs I can lose, need more jiggs practice

===

About the top docs, I dunno about them. Has shroomed played a good jiggs? I would like to see a vid of that

VGmasta

Smash Lord
That only works if Jiggs doesn't know how to maneuver through or around the pills, and if the Jiggs is a reckless Rest-er.

Hungrybox doesn't really let Doc space pills well enough for pill camping to ever work. And he's definitely not gonna throw out a bunch of missed Rests.

About the top docs, I dunno about them. Has shroomed played a good jiggs? I would like to see a vid of that
Shroomed has played against Hungrybox on video at least twice now. There's also OTG/DJ Nintendo vs Hungrybox from No Johns from like a year ago.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm, doesn't that mean we need a lil more space? I mean, she floats anyways, so might as well try a stage to capitilize on pills?

Oh I need to see that then

Max?

Smash Champion
Hmw, shroomed and myself have all gotten absolutely bodied by Hbox in tournament and had it recorded in the last year. Shroomed made a more impressive showing against him in Crews at Genesis 2, but still lost with a stock lead and was apparently ****** him in friendlies, so he might have a good shot at beating him. I've yet to play a **** Jiggs in tournament since, so I'm not sure where I stand against her, but yeah that matchup is not free by any means.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I didn't lose with a stock lead, I barely won. I will probably beat him next time, but I think the ONLY way to approach Hbox is wait for a chance to fullhop dair or trade fair with his dair. If there's platforms and such nairs can be good as well.

:phone:

Top Bottom