• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah and its easier to jump out of the dair and do a second dair and then maybe that falco/fox would be dead, since they are spacies. :]

otg

Smash Master
I have an idea for another edge guarding tactic that I tried once and worked really well. How about timing the down b near the ledge so you hit with the last hit? It has pretty good kb and trajectory and can be another way to mix up your edge guarding. I haven't seen anyone try this so I thought I'd bring it up. Thoughts?
I did this exact thing to Mogwai's falco this one time, and it was recorded but he somehow lost the recording/is unwilling to post it online cause of how **** it is.

As for whether or not it's practical in an actual battle..... no.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
f-tilt is amazing, except that it can't really ever lead into anything. It makes playing against marths manageable.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*Looks at vulcan's avatar*

__

But yeah, jab->f.tilt is soooo much better than jab->d.smash when hitting a shield. I mean that seems obvious, but you wanted to talk about f.tilts.

Smash Master
Up-B out of shield was working pretty well against my Fox's pillaring the other day. You guys might be onto something.

Can Doc cancel the Up-B such that he stays on the ground? If you could do that consistently, you might have found a way to ruin one of the Spacies' best approaches.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Up-B out of shield was working pretty well against my Fox's pillaring the other day. You guys might be onto something.

Can Doc cancel the Up-B such that he stays on the ground? If you could do that consistently, you might have found a way to ruin one of the Spacies' best approaches.
Up-B canceling is insanely hard to do. I know that people can super-wavedash pretty consistently but missing an Up-B gets you punished a lot harder.

Shroomed

Smash Master
You better be dam sure you can upB cancel if you plan to try

If you miss, free combo or kill cookies for the enemy

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Up-B canceling is insanely hard to do. I know that people can super-wavedash pretty consistently but missing an Up-B gets you punished a lot harder.
Haha funny, I can UpB cancel consistently but can't super wave dash consistently. **** IT! And plus your not supposed to really do it that much. Maybe once OOS if you feel like you can. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull it off on someone unless they were just standing there. But thats not gonna happen. I just gotta randomly UpB cancel or something. :]

Scidadle

Smash Champion
So...

I keep getting scooped by falcons upair when recovering and getting my pills plowed through with knees also while recovering?

TIPS??? HALP

otg

Smash Master
I like caping backwards while recovering so I can use Bair to defend myself as I make it back. That might help you a bit in recovering. Try to DI really well so you're in the air floating for awhile before you make it back, that should help a ton.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
D-air has the best chance of getting through Falcon's Up-air (which is not really saying much). Mix it up - remember airdodging to the ledge or platforms - and hope for the best

otg

Smash Master
He can still trade hits or just uair you. Just a forewarning.
Yeah definitely, I was just stating that with a well timed bair you can probably beat him out before he even throws anything out. Dair is pretty solid too, although I think that Falcon's uair will beat that out pretty much if he spaces it right. What you really need to do if you don't want to get ***** super hard is to DI super well so you recover high and have more options when coming down.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So...

I keep getting scooped by falcons upair when recovering and getting my pills plowed through with knees also while recovering?

TIPS??? HALP
It's called a s***ty recovery. That's what I've been trying to tell people for years about doc.

As long as falcon (or alot of characters) can correctly guess where you're going, you cant do ANYTHING about it. You'll usually trade at best with them (which you lose all trades on your recovery).

So the real answer to what to do about it is mixup your recovery to TRY to throw them off.

Problem is, as long as you play somebody who actually KNOWS how to edgeguard doc, it really doenst matter. (Because there are easy stop-all edgeguards on doc)

___

BUT FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW, MIXUP EDGEGUARDS, TRY DIFFERENT STUFF, TRY SOME D.AIRS TO CALL BAD SPACING LOL AND PROFIT.

Top Bottom