• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

j00t

Smash Champion
.... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I GET YOUR NAME NOW. HI JOOT. XD

*slap* Dont come in my f'n forum double posting please, I cant act like I dont see it. XD
Are you sure about that?

My name is pretty much my initials. I used to just call myself JWT (Yeah, I was really really bad at making up names for myself) but Iori+Chad gave me the name Joot. I've been proud to use it ever since. :3

EDIT: Yeah, sorry about the double post. :(

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok dogy. About that DJN thing. You said he was like, doing counters like when you input something. So, is it bad to be doing that, or is it good since it might be not expected but work?

Because I get so freakin annoyed when the computer just counters with stuff and I think "should I be countering in the same way but better?"

Although then after all that mumjo jumbo I just gimp the computers and stuff. :]

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
<_< Yes, I left for a bit because nothing new was being discovered, and I was messing around with characters in my spare time.

HiIH

Smash Lord
DEAR DOGY.

YA'LL SWITCHED MINE AND RAYKU'S MEMORY CARDS SATURDAY.

<.<;

[/doc'scoatisthesamecolorasourmemcards]

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Dear (Other) Docs,

If you had the ****-est combo video ever, what would your top music choices be?
For the intro and perhaps slo-moed epic beginning, I'd have at least part of "White Rabbit," (one pill makes you bigger, and one pill makes you small, etc), and then prolly a bunch of melty blood music (as it's fast paced, and kicks ***). Also, if I wanted to--baseballbear (japanese rock)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
man i remember when i used to listen to music with the white ipod earturds. oh my god. now i got these badazz sennheisers and i would rather quit listening to music than go back to ****ty headphones

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i like this reverse bair doc has got goin for himself. i was pulling off **** like uair reverse bair fair on a samus i played at a tourney last saturday.

has anyone else experimented with it more?

also how applicable is upthrow dair into nair/uair i was doing it on ppl...but i'm sure they can DI out of it right? should i try it every once in a while regardless? or is it always better to do other things?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
FH dairs are always sexy. Yeah you can SDI out of it, but you can punish if they start doing it too predictably.
Yeah, my favorite combos right here:

1) D-throw>Full hop (FH)>D-air>air jump>U-air>U-air>U-tilt
2) SH>N-air>SH>B-air
3) FH>D-air>B-air

The first combo doesn't work on fast fallers, Or at least I've never seen it work. But they work really well on, say a Marth (gay), at early percents!

The second two combos just look cool. It makes Doc. look like he's having a ball with his a opponent. He jumps flies through Falcon body around 40% with a SH>N-air and lands on the other side to do a SH>B-air to kick Falcon in the back of his head.

The third combo looks baller as well. For every opponent that jumps at you too late or too short ends up right under Doc's D-air and then gets B-aired in the face.

All those combos while Doc's smiling all of the way through makes Doc look like he's having a blast, which makes him look like an amusing character. Plus he's got that cape, that thing's hilarious son!

Gea

Smash Master
i like this reverse bair doc has got goin for himself. i was pulling off **** like uair reverse bair fair on a samus i played at a tourney last saturday.

has anyone else experimented with it more?

also how applicable is upthrow dair into nair/uair i was doing it on ppl...but i'm sure they can DI out of it right? should i try it every once in a while regardless? or is it always better to do other things?
Bob$ supposedly looked heavily into the reverse bair stuff. I think it is less applicable than it looks since the hitbox just isn't that extended and it leads into little that couldn't be handled by other means. Fun though.

In most cases you have better followups than nair/uair unless you think you can end it with a fair/regrab/techchase. On extreme fatties bad DI can let you dthrow -> dair -> regrab. Most followups from throw to dair in general are dair -> uair/bair. I think it works great against Falco without the grab if used sparingly. Jump over him with dat dair and let him jump into it. Mm.

FH dairs are always sexy. Yeah you can SDI out of it, but you can punish if they start doing it too predictably.
Yes. Just yes.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Is there anything doc can do for shield pressure? Ive been wondering this for a while now just because it seems like all his attacks are too slow to do it effectively, but maybe someone has figured out something?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
not really---he can FH up-air over the top of someone's shield --> d-smash, but that's about it.

The most I've been able to pressure someone's shield at once was something like: FH pill->j.d-air->b-air->turnaround d-smash. But that was on someone who wasn't good at getting out of his shield.

I'd say doc's best shield pressure is grabbing XD

otg

Smash Master
You can do some stupid stuff like:

FH uair -> ffuair -> jab -> utilt/dsmash/something

That **** shouldn't work though, but doc has a "true" pillar in shbair-> nair but that **** is like impossible to do (if not downright impossible or practical even with AR but who knows.)

Rykard

Smash Ace
You can do some stupid stuff like:

FH uair -> ffuair -> jab -> utilt/dsmash/something

That **** shouldn't work though, but doc has a "true" pillar in shbair-> nair but that **** is like impossible to do (if not downright impossible or practical even with AR but who knows.)
haha now i am going to practice doing this. I just got thinking on this subject after watcing about matches of Zhu playing because he is amazing at that. Also its falco...

you can also sh back air and double jump fast fall a dair right after which works pretty well too. you shouldnt need to L cancel if you do it right so if someone tries to grab you out of you can buffer a spot dodge into whatever.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I get most of my reverse bairs after a FH Dair, or I"ll just pull a SamichSMASHMAC and run off the stage with one and see what happens.
Cause as many crazy ideas as I tend to think of and screw around with in friendlies, that man does/did on a daily basis.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
not really---he can FH up-air over the top of someone's shield --> d-smash, but that's about it.

The most I've been able to pressure someone's shield at once was something like: FH pill->j.d-air->b-air->turnaround d-smash. But that was on someone who wasn't good at getting out of his shield.

I'd say doc's best shield pressure is grabbing XD
cape on the shield is great pressure cuz if they try to shield grab their ****ed :p

grab/cape 2 grab is where it's at lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
I have an idea for another edge guarding tactic that I tried once and worked really well. How about timing the down b near the ledge so you hit with the last hit? It has pretty good kb and trajectory and can be another way to mix up your edge guarding. I haven't seen anyone try this so I thought I'd bring it up. Thoughts?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think you'd need to do it early in some cases. Like with fox and falco, if I do it too late I just get firebird'd. As soon as they are off the edge and I have a life to spare, I jump and go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh and asap downb and see what happens. Wait, I don't jump, maybe wavedash off and downb to their direction then jump, just in case they kinda knew what I was gonna do.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, I was thinking grounded down b and I'm pretty sure if you time it right, you can hit them out of their up b.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well if it works it would be a great mindgame since no one would expect. I think. xD

Top Bottom