• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i "won" another melee tourney today lol, top 3 had to split 40/40/20 for time constraints (it was a side event at a brawl tourney), but my winners semis set was vs a mewtwo. WI rules

unknown522

Some guy
Which is why I made a note of that below the link.

I don't know what you're doing differently but Peach either waits out the Up-smash or just hits me out of it with any aerial besides Up-air.

I'm aware of this but Doc's grab just seems so horribly slow and short-ranged; it almost never works for me when I'm consciously trying to use it.
I see. Well, there's the advice.

Most of these require timing. Experiment, until they work. Doc's grab speed is the same as most characters (7 frames). It's not much shorter than say peach's either. Don't give up one it just because it doesn't work for you. You won't get better that way.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i "won" another melee tourney today lol, top 3 had to split 40/40/20 for time constraints (it was a side event at a brawl tourney), but my winners semis set was vs a mewtwo. WI rules
i also "won" a melee tourney today. 4 way tie split tho. beat that.

no joke either :( it was kinda gay. ( we just round robbin'd never did a bracket )

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, I had a tourney in town with a guaranteed pot.

Lambchops and some other people came down.

I played chops in Winners finals. I put him in losers bracket. He then came back to put me out of the tourney. :(

3-2 winners (me), .....0-3? Set 1 grands (i dont remember, i got wrecked, mighta been 1-3), 2-3 Set 2 grands.

Gotta. Stop. ****ing. Falco. Dair. Ugh.

Like, that's what did my *** in in grands, cause that's literally ALL he did. I was fine as long as I was round of range, but if I wasnt... oof. He's also got some hilarious *** tricks that I dont care to disclose, but he said DJN up+b cancels to stop it. I kinda rolled my eyes like "wow dont tell me that works :|"

So looks like I dropped the doc ball.

__

In other news, I just saw HMW beat shroomed on livestream in some random *** matches that included some doc dittos. ^_^

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Can't you just outprioritize it with U-tilt?

I suggest these things, knowing they won't work, because people get offended when I spoil the surprise.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i forgot that sheik shouldnt take doc to FD technically lol

my doc was gettin ***** by hmw lol

i cant play his spacies with my doc, gotta pick an actual good char against them lol

i hella copped out n went top tiers like brandon =D

EDIT: uptilt will at best trade with falcos dair im pretty sure

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shroomed and HMW are probably better Docs than Dogy because they don't use Doc but then say they do and people believe them :D

Sort of like Taj and Mewtwo :D

<3 mid tier mains

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Man im gettin trolled hard. :(
Can't you just outprioritize it with U-tilt?

I suggest these things, knowing they won't work, because people get offended when I spoil the surprise.
Yeah I wish u.tilt would work, but it doesnt.

Wish upsmash would work, but it dont. Unless it just takes some dumb timing that I havent found (which is entirely possible)

Desh

Smash Ace
Lol doesnt matter since i'm pretty sure falcos dair has invincibility frames near the tip of the dair, and they last long/have more reach.

Might be wrong though.

unknown522

Some guy
EDIT: uptilt will at best trade with falcos dair im pretty sure
It'll win if the u-tilt is perfectly spaced (not practical though). It's harder to do than u-smash.

Man im gettin trolled hard. :(

Yeah I wish u.tilt would work, but it doesnt.

Wish upsmash would work, but it dont. Unless it just takes some dumb timing that I havent found (which is entirely possible)
My friend can do u-smash through almost any aerial with doc / luigi (and DK's up-b). He usually charges it, then if you try to attack him, he will beat it almost every time. He's not amazing at the game or anything, but he can do it fine. He beat's marth's d-air as well (not 100% consistent), it's ridiculous.

I'm ok at it as well, but I don't really practice it though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Gotta. Stop. ****ing. Falco. Dair. Ugh.

Like, that's what did my *** in in grands, cause that's literally ALL he did. I was fine as long as I was round of range, but if I wasnt... oof. He's also got some hilarious *** tricks that I dont care to disclose, but he said DJN up+b cancels to stop it. I kinda rolled my eyes like "wow dont tell me that works :|"

So looks like I dropped the doc ball.
wd back -> stuff
dash dance -> stuff
**** -> ****
also, if you're getting ***** by shield pressure, you should look into light shielding. it's worth a shot

boss8

Smash Hero
why thank you.....you are also sexy good sir......

falco i play him so many times....im use to fighting the bird approach with pills....

SH capes....and dairs....

other then that once u have him in a tech chase...KEEP THE PRESSURE ON HIM...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i was watching some videos of a doc player named shroomed.
he was doing kinda good, but his doc was scrubby.
since i know my doc's better than his, i decided to main doc so i can win tournaments now.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wd back -> stuff
dash dance -> stuff
**** -> ****
also, if you're getting ***** by shield pressure, you should look into light shielding. it's worth a shot
I didnt get ***** by shield pressure, it was the fact that there was pretty much nothing I could do against the d.air. If he was in the space for it, it was basically free.
i got the best doc...won a turney friday...get ***** son...

XD
Didnt like, 5 docs win some kinda tourney this weekend or something? I mean hell, I feel like im the only one who didnt.

But by your logic, because you guys are wack enough to have friday tourneys up there, you won the race?

GTFO. XD

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I tilt my shield up to throw off the FF timing and grab during the dair, it loses invincibility frames somewhere during the animation.

I unno, I'm just scrubbsauce

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm gonna start lurking these threads if Dogy posts any more GnW abuse **** :3
It'll probably be like, another year before i play g&w in tourney again.

But yeah, if you want some dumb random G&w tip vs doc, always try to get port priority. Even it you rock, paper, scissor for it. You having higher port means you cant get dunked (although you can still get tech chased from d.throw).

But you cant be dunked.

And G&W has a huge dunk range, AND he dies pretty early from it, regardless of DI.

... and brinstar has G&W hitboxes for days. I mean joot STILL has some of them ****s out and the tourneys been over for a week.

j00t

Smash Champion
It'll probably be like, another year before i play g&w in tourney again.

But yeah, if you want some dumb random G&w tip vs doc, always try to get port priority. Even it you rock, paper, scissor for it. You having higher port means you cant get dunked (although you can still get tech chased from d.throw).

But you cant be dunked.

And G&W has a huge dunk range, AND he dies pretty early from it, regardless of DI.

... and brinstar has G&W hitboxes for days. I mean joot STILL has some of them ****s out and the tourneys been over for a week.
I'll probably never go GnW against you again, because once you see me coming I'm afraid you'll gnab port 1.

I'll have to sneak up on you or something.

Shroomed

Smash Master
doc's fair is ridiculously strong ive come to realize

it's like wtf strong sometimes

i was on the receiving end vs hmw, and i was like

DWAM, that hurts

we should learn how to DI our own chars attacks, but i think for the fair, u actually shouldnt DI

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Unless you play a Doc that likes to run off the stage an F-air your recovery for some reason.
But, yeah.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i was watching the shroomed vs p MM from a while back again (commentary/crowd are so good and shroom ofcourse) and i was wondering if part 2 ever happened?

Top Bottom