• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK will NEVER be able to Cargo Stage Spike again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm going to keep this simple.

1) Pick Donkey Kong.
2) Have your 3 yr old sister pick any character.
3) Go to Final Destination.
4) Have your sister hold UP (or DOWN) on the control stick.
5) Try to Cargo Stage Spike her.

Oddly enough holding UP or DOWN during a cargo hold is just as fast as trying to wiggle out by pressing all the buttons. Sorry folks, but the cargo stage spike no longer works.

- Credit goes to Bwett and Fogo. EDIT: and Ice.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That's exactly what I said.

"No way. How the hell would holding just ONE direction be faster than pressing everything at once. Grabs don't work like that"

*1min later*

"Omg........... Omg........... GAY!!!!!1"

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this had better not be true for side b also

RP`

Smash Apprentice
A black SUV with men in black suits and sunglasses are going to show up at your house in 10-15 mins. I suggest you start running your *** off now.

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
i swear... this guy im surprised he has a gut to make this thread.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I wonder if this works for anything that requires button mashing... Sakurai even took button mashing skills out... did he?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
YAYUHZZ!

Sorry DKs, but Donkey Kong is possibly my most hated match-up. You people on the DK boardz should keep your character's weakness a secret.

Well, this is good for me :D

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
at around 80% you can still pull it off if they are close to the edge, i just tried to right now.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
this had better not be true for side b also
It's not. I tested it. (well, I only tested holding up)

I wonder how many other things in the game break to "just holding up" or some combination of things... can you imagine instant grab break? o.O

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
not that much of a problem....stopped cargo spiking after people learned to tech....DK is a lot more than just hurling foes into stages

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
this really shouldn't mean anything except maybe for the Characters like Ike and Link who get CDT off the edge to a no recovery zone. I guess small characters get the benefit of not learning to tech this now on FD.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Sorry peepz, I may just be bad against Donkey Kong, iono but personally I think he's gayer than MK.

HE KILLS AT 70%-80%!

And can't be killed himself unless its a gimp or spike

He deserves a nerf

The main reason I hate DK is cause I get nervous when I'm in kill percentage so when I'm at 70% I'm already nervous.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
How is this a big deal? Decent players already struggled out of the cargo within seconds below like 70%. This just moves a technique from "unreliable and risky" to "unusable until high %s, at which point is still risky".

This is certainly an interesting discovery but it doesn't change anything.

Bwett

Smash Ace
There's not even video proof yet. But still, the nerf of the OP...
This isn't something that is ridiculously difficult to pull off to see if it works. All it requires is a person to hold up. There is no need for a video.

Also, at high percents, you still have plenty of time to get off the spike if you are close to the ledge. This is really only terrible for low percentage gimps.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Why would you post this? I discovered it the second week of Brawl and kept it a secret so nobody would know. Good job on making DK worse.

All this means is that you can't cargo spike until they are at the percent where they cannot break out in time. So you don't get those easy cargo spikes against people that don't mash. Not that huge of a deal.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
...Not that huge of a deal.
Exactly. So what's the problem? I'm posting this because I watched one of my good friends lose to a DK player in tournament just because of a silly technique. I secondary DK, but I have never gotten any CSS kills because the people I play against wiggle out too fast.

Honestly this doesn't make any difference. All it does is allow bad players to avoid the quick cargo kills of DK. Good players were already avoiding it by wiggling out fast.

IMO Cargo Stage Spiking is NOT an integral part of DKs game. It only works against bad players. If you really don't like me for posting this then lock/close/delete this thread, I won't be upset. But I don't see how this new found knowledge will make beating good players more difficult.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter for me. I seldom did it any way until higher percents because it is still easy to wiggle out of, so you are risking being footstooled, never mind a lot of people are able to tech it. At lower percents I would rather just cargo downthrow while still on stage and go for a spike. Less risky.

daisho

Smash Lord
Well when playing dks who attempt this if you can wiggle out faster than you will spike him...

If you play as DK and others don't know about it you can get free easy kills...

The reasons that you posted this are honestly beyond me.

And not that I care because i never used this tecnique anyway.

Bwett

Smash Ace
You post the information for the evolution of the metagame of Brawl. Left out information can become lost because someone doesn't post it. The Yoshi boards didn't want me to tell people that CG to fair wasn't guaranteed, but it really is quite ridiculous to silence knowledge just to punish people for their ignorance of your character's "secret" attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom