• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK will NEVER be able to Cargo Stage Spike again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's not even that big of a deal. You just press R with a bit of timing and it's rendered useless anyways.
Pretty much this. (Or L, or whatever you have as shield)

I have R set to specials. :bee:

But you know... teching never existed before this.... although this is nice to know. :lick: more random things for me to spread knowledge about when people complain about me stage spiking them.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Good thing I never use cargo for stage spiking. Seriously, with all of DK's killing moves, CSS was probably his most overrated option. Looked cool, though.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hahaha this reminds me of when I went to the Steak Break Room and told people about the correct way to DI, tech, and get free counterattacks off of Sonic's D-throw. Everyone started freaking out.

The information got leaked, but then we lucked out:

Boxob made a thread about it in TBD and since Boxob was the one who posted it, noone believed it.

lmao

but it doesn't really matter anyway because we have other alternatives than D-throw.

daisho

Smash Lord
DK has 99 kill moves and CSS ain't one.....HIT ME!
*hits Tujex*

Besides 1) f tilt 2) u tilt 3) F smash 4) U smash 5) D smash 6) U air 7) B air 8) DK punch 9) B throw 10) CSS (used to be) I can't really think of any... (unless gimping then 11) Up B 12) Side B 13) Dair 14) Fair)

So your are a liar!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I was doing this all day yesterday at SCSA3...... Long Live The Cargo Stage SPike.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
jump cargo -> fair. some people actually jump (snake do it a lot )
Yeah, or dair works too. But be careful for his fair though. I got my *** spiked once because of it. But this isn't smart for some chars though, like the spacies. They will normally side B to get back on stage, so I won't jump when I cargo downthrow, and I will ground up B to edgeguard them.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
How Basic Gameplay is Advanced Gameplay -by ShadowLink84

Chapter 1:
Should you be grabbed by DK and he attempts a cargo spike, upon being throw against the stage immediately perform the following inputs.

This assumes default controls.

L,Y,Y
R,X,X
L,X,Y (if you want to be fancy)

This and more in the popular

How Basic Gameplay is Advanced Gameplay
Pre-order for the low low price of $19.95!

*cough* Sorry got carried away.

About using Fair after a Cargo throw, isn't it possible to footstool during the Fair? Mainly since how long it takes to come out.
I've been using DKlately and i find it safer to just get back onto the ledge and bear my opponent.

Veggi

Smash Champion
As been said, if someone knows how to tech, they can be reverse cargo down throwed under the stage. If they try to tech they just airdodge and die. It's also possible to just fast fall after an attempted cargo>jump>dthrow>jump fair. I don't think footstool stun is possible during start up lag. Even then, the dthrow sends them too far away to footstool.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Fair kills, even if not spiked... technically... even if it is a bad move.
Cargo dthrow --> Fair/Dair is my standard intimidation tactic at low %s - even if I know it's probably not going to hit, it's scary as hell when your opponent is looking straight into a potential low-percent spike kill. And if it hits, well, +1 DK. Also, a lot of people are surprised by the height that Fair has - it reaches higher than Uair IIRC - so surprise non-spike kills near the edge are also common. Especially if you fastfall that sucker and turn a spike into a horizontal KO - it'll screw up the timing they thought they had. L2Fairmindgames

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK will never vanish as long as I'm around.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
I have a good feeling having this leaked is going to let DK go down at MOST 3 characters on the tier list.
However DK will always be one of the best heavies, we just need to learn some new AT's for DK eH?

Also cargo spikeing wasn't too significant for winning anyways and it never has been, one day someone will discover better game breaks for DK and he'll be right back fighting to be on top of their tier section just need to give it time but, It sure was FUN back when you could do it :D

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
Aw man, thats just depressing. I hope none of my friends find this out, but then again that just means i have to. . .
take it out of my gameplay.

Ugh it hurts.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Well let's be honest how many big time pro matches do you see where the DK player relies on the stage spike at all?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Again, I highly doubt this affected high level players at all. They were probably already wiggling out fast enough using their own methods.

If anything this knowledge does two things:
1) Gives new players who can't press buttons very fast to wiggle out a defense against CSS.
2) Helps prevent the destruction of the controllers of the advanced players who do press buttons really fast.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
OH NOEZ, THIS WILL DESTROY DK'S ENTIRE GAME!

This is NOT a big deal at all. Good people wiggled out fast or teched it anyway. This will hardly impact DK's metagame. You people have blown the importance of this way out of proportion.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
sry to bump this, but does this affect any other character's metagames? i'm thinking to get out of say... D3s inhale or something.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
anyone who likes grabbing and jabbing is affected by this

maybe the IC's too since the autowiggle would let people get out at low% from the death grabs

this only affects DK, no one else....

Geou

Smash Apprentice
The main loss from this isn't the Cargo Stage Spike, but Cargo off-stage down-throws, IMO. They work well into leading into gimps against characters like Snake, Link, Mario, etc.

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
Yo Guys News Flash This So Called Technique Doesnt Work Sorry I Found A Way Around This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom