• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK will NEVER be able to Cargo Stage Spike again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
from my experience, holding Up is easier then mashing...but in all actuality i can break out just as fast, and so can my oponents.

..regardless, its still not going to save you past 100%.
and i'm certain people cannot 'master' teching the b.throw simply because DKs have the option of varying when they throw.
I sometimes wait a lil extra longer to throw them off and it works beautifully because i can tell when their either mashing or waiting to tech.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
This is no big deal to me, I dunno why everyone's so upset about it.

Yes, I like to stage spike, but only for fun.

So no biggie for me. DK has many other ways of killing his opponents, there's no need to rely on the CSS.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Like others have already said, this is no big deal at all. The css still has its place in a competitive DK's arsenal.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
Here is a video I recorded about a month ago of how much CSS gets wrecked by a person who knows about this. I say it's pretty safe to take out of my arsenal against people who know what they are doing. In the video you can see what I am talking about toward the middle. For example, I grab the Samus at the edge of the stage in his high 80's and he still breaks out and punishes me for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQWf2fhh0A

Don't critique the video. I know I was playing like a renob.

daisho

Smash Lord
Here is a video I recorded about a month ago of how much CSS gets wrecked by a person who knows about this. I say it's pretty safe to take out of my arsenal against people who know what they are doing. In the video you can see what I am talking about toward the middle. For example, I grab the Samus at the edge of the stage in his high 80's and he still breaks out and punishes me for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQWf2fhh0A

Don't critique the video. I know I was playing like a renob.
To be fair, in that situation you did pummel first.

CSS still works if your at the edge and you plan in your mind to do it before (so you don't have to think about it once you grab him).

But as mentioned, people used to break out this fast any way, its just a matter of now they can do it with out uber button mashing skillz.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people!!

just mix up the timing of your cargo stage spike. dont always b.,throw them soon as u know its in 'spike-zone.' This is when they'll be attempting the spike. Wait just a tiny bit longer! If they're trying to tech based off their own reflex to seeing the throw its not going to work, unless they're reflexes are like .10, which almost noone has (average gamer button-reflex seems to be around .135)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people!!

just mix up the timing of your cargo stage spike. dont always b.,throw them soon as u know its in 'spike-zone.' This is when they'll be attempting the spike. Wait just a tiny bit longer! If they're trying to tech based off their own reflex to seeing the throw its not going to work, unless they're reflexes are like .10, which almost noone has (average gamer button-reflex seems to be around .135)
qft. DK's recovery is so underrated. You have plenty of time to wait before you throw them. They'll usually try to tech it early so just wait then they can't.

daisho

Smash Lord
qft. DK's recovery is so underrated. You have plenty of time to wait before you throw them. They'll usually try to tech it early so just wait then they can't.
I disagree with his underrated recovery... about half the time I attempt the CSS i end up killing myself (although i have never actually practiced it but still...)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I disagree with his underrated recovery... about half the time I attempt the CSS i end up killing myself (although i have never actually practiced it but still...)
just pivot off the stage like I always do and do and underhand throw so they go lower, you don't go lower, speed is different so different tech timing, and you won't be footstooled ever

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
always do the D throw on BF. Some people just DI up so that they don't get spiked, and even if they do that with the D throw they will die. If they tech, they're under the stage..few characters can get out of that situation.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hey Cyphus, I saw your match against HyRo. It looked like he was getting out of the cargo fast. Was he wiggling fast or just holding up? I'm still surprised by how many people here in Dallas still don't know about this. I mean, it's not like many people go around checking all the Character Specific boards.

Apec

Smash Rookie
oh that's a laugh

I seem to recall 3-stocking you without the use of the cargo stage spike.

replay saved, son
Nice.

Anyway, put simply, if your DK relied on cargo-spiking, youre a noob. Cargoing is risky, as any decent player will footstool you. It's an ineffective crutch noobs use in order to play DK, since it usually only works against ppl who dont DI. In fact, alot of ppl probably on play DK just for cargoing.

DK has alot going for him, and the loss of this "tech" doesnt damage his game at all for those of us who main him.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
summary of this thread

noob dks can no longer use a technique that doesn't work reliably earlier than the % it was supposed to work in the first place

/thread

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
WHAT?!

I have to test this out. Maybe I'll get my grandma to hold up/down while im CSSing.

...or maybe not.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
this thread is now COMMON knowledge. let it DIE. its just spam taking up space on the first page :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom