• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK will NEVER be able to Cargo Stage Spike again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I CSS Ally at the last tournament, it MUST be important!!!!!!!

Tujex

Smash Ace
lol. CSS was NEVER a major part of playing DK as far as I'm concerned. If you watch the GOOD DK's around this board (like the guy who posted right above me), you'll see that they rarely even use the manuever.

This tech isn't game breaking either, meaning DK's can still fight just as well without it. Yeah, newbs might take 3 secs longer to kill since we can't CSS them to death like before....but DK's game is just as strong without it.

So....what's the big deal? Or did I take everyone's sarcastic comments seriously?

salaboB

Smash Champion
Seems like this is going to be most useful on wifi, where you can't easily tech the stage.

Imo, anything that helps there is good to know about (Un-serious as playing on wifi is)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
<3 Dallas
:)
:):)
:):):)
:):):):)
We did it for you Santi. We did it for you.

Bwett and Fogo and Ice told me after the tournament they went home and just spent a lot of time practicing teching DK's CSS. They said they don't have trouble wiggling out, but wanted to learn to tech it just incase they had to. Fogo was holding UP during the practice so he would wall jump tech, but when he would get grabbed he would pop out right away. Bwett and Ice were like "stop wiggling" and he said "I'm not i'm just holding up" ... silence.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Ah well. I guess this'll be useful when fighting other DKs, anyway.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, well, I don't think this changes anything for me.
If my enemies have <80 % they wiggle out everytime before I can CSS them... Maybe that's the reason why everyone is freed of the Cargo so fast >_> I was angry at the release of Brawl when I noticed this. The enemy is released so fast you can't do anything lol. Maybe those people held up or down...

Anyway... I rarely CSS, and if I do it I only do it at 80+ %, since everyone stuggles out so fast.

This still sucks though...

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I knew about this for the longest time. It sucks that the secret isn't so secret anymore. Getting footstooled out of a CSS attempt is going to be a lot more common now...

Gea

Smash Master
We did it for you Santi. We did it for you.

Bwett and Fogo and Ice told me after the tournament they went home and just spent a lot of time practicing teching DK's CSS. They said they don't have trouble wiggling out, but wanted to learn to tech it just incase they had to. Fogo was holding UP during the practice so he would wall jump tech, but when he would get grabbed he would pop out right away. Bwett and Ice were like "stop wiggling" and he said "I'm not i'm just holding up" ... silence.
Everywhere I look on the boards, Texas is popping up. We're like a disease. Also anyone asking for video proof. Go test it yourself. It isn't like no one's ever heard of these guys. I'll personally say "it works."

Who wouldn't trust Bwett?

daisho

Smash Lord
YES
Dk cargo stagespike is relied on too much, some dks need to learn :)
have you read this thread??? About 90% of the DK mains all said they almost never use this tactic.

And for the guy who said for the advancement of the metagame, I say that is a good argument.

Veggi

Smash Champion
This isn't just the cargo spike, we can't down throw people under the stage and our entire cargo game has been reduced because we can't walk people to the ledge as far. We can't down throw characters Marth recovery and below away from the stage and edgestall with up b to gimp them. Hopefully I can at least cargo jump to throw without them breaking out. Even if I can, I can't carry them where I want to do it.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Everywhere I look on the boards, Texas is popping up. We're like a disease. Also anyone asking for video proof. Go test it yourself. It isn't like no one's ever heard of these guys. I'll personally say "it works."

Who wouldn't trust Bwett and Fogo?
Word.

You people know us.

Or at least you should ;)

Gindler

Smash Champion
i swear... this guy im surprised he has a gut to make this thread.
Have the guts? Why? or else you might e-fight him? Geez, every character gets something like this. How do you think warios felt 4 minutes after the game release when everyone learned they had a grab release into something on him

crifer

Smash Lord
Important Question:
1. Is the input of holding up while being cargoed several jumps?
So does tap jump on or off change something?
2. Is this only for cargo or all throws?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
This isn't just the cargo spike, we can't down throw people under the stage and our entire cargo game has been reduced because we can't walk people to the ledge as far. We can't down throw characters Marth recovery and below away from the stage and edgestall with up b to gimp them. Hopefully I can at least cargo jump to throw without them breaking out. Even if I can, I can't carry them where I want to do it.
To me that's the issues. I don't mind losing my stage spikes, but this takes away everything else that we can do with cargo too, which sucks. DK's grab game is very important for him, I don't think anyone will deny that. Losing one of your best grabs is not going to be good for him. I was considering dropping him anyway, I probably will now.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
To me that's the issues. I don't mind losing my stage spikes, but this takes away everything else that we can do with cargo too, which sucks. DK's grab game is very important for him, I don't think anyone will deny that. Losing one of your best grabs is not going to be good for him. I was considering dropping him anyway, I probably will now.

So wait, when the going gets tough, quit immediately?

No-one will ever get good that way. Either find a way around it or learn how to play smarter/better, but giving up on a character as soon as you find out one of their pros is neutralized.... there was no reason to start with the character in the first place!

crifer

Smash Lord
As the most DK´s say:
CSS is not what makes DK good.
It´s techable, imo also offline,
Im not really good in tech skill but I tech like 3/4 of attended stage spikes.
Its not safe. So stop complaining,
the only real bad thing is that you cannot walk to the edge throw them off stage anymore,
so we need to use the other throws more!
dthrow is a great tech chase starter, uthrow leads to uair/utilt/upsmash mindgames

gantrain05

Smash Master
i never walk with cargo throws anyways, i usually just cargo Dthrow for combos in doubles, everyone i play with just techs the CSS and footstools me anyways lol.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Then I would think that being released early from the cargo would be mentioned when the cargo infinite was being discussed. Also, if you can consistently watch people be cargo spiked and not notice anything wrong about it then it gives me the impression that it's not common knowledge.

Whether you've been cargo spiked before is irrelevant, because everyone else has. Therefore it is not common knowledge.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This was NOT common knowledge. Look at how many people threatened me... seriously... lol

I still love DK. At least this technique didn't make it harder for us to play against "good" players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom