• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I dunno about the banana dropping in the middle of a cg tbh, ive had it happen to me, ive seen it happen to ics, but i dont know any diddy that can do it on commander so im not sure
When you're hit with an item in your hand, there's a chance you may drop it. I'm pretty sure it's just a random thing that can't be controlled by the player.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
The diddys have actually been buzzing about that recently, gnes said he found a way I think. Something about pressing shield and a really fast, idk. I'll wait for him to namesearch and explain lol

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
It's just an accidental drop more than likely. I think it's nothing to fret about.

And stop having people namesearch here! >:O

clowsui

Smash Legend
wait who uses training mode to measure combos

oh wait, that's right...people who don't know anything about the game

also that wasn't tested for sdi was it? please correct me if i'm wrong

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
OMG wow why did I expect to get bashed for posting that vid. I was just posting it because I thought it was cool. I'm pretty sure I know enough about this game. Is this the treatment 2010 join dates get?

Social does not equal serious.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't have made the 2010 statement lol, got defensive.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
OMG wow why did I expect to get bashed for posting that vid. I was just posting it because I thought it was cool. I'm pretty sure I know enough about this game. Is this the treatment 2010 join dates get?

Social does not equal serious.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't have made the 2010 statement lol, got defensive.
HUSH YOUNG ONE! Everything will make sense soon enough. lol

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
dont feed the troll lol. i back this vid just because of all the funny responses its gotten outta everyone.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
to be completely honest;

i was just elated that we beat boss and deez. boss is a terror in teams so to beat them and get third was huge. i was still kinda demoralized, too, after losing so terribly game 3 on FD. i honestly didn't think we had a shot in hell so i kinda took the set lightly. not to say that we would've won had i not, no johns or anything, just saying that i definitely was playing silly, joking around with ally and chu during the match...we all drove up together so we were making inside jokes and stuff throughout. probably the only reason we made it so close, making them crack up the entire game. @_@
ahhahaah thats a good idea though

When you're hit with an item in your hand, there's a chance you may drop it. I'm pretty sure it's just a random thing that can't be controlled by the player.
^^^ this; it also happends with things like smash balls too.

Coney

Smash Master
guys!

watch that stream posted above!

i'm doing commentary all day!

also i'll be competing soon, we just finished pools. lotta talent here though, so i'm scared. sova!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I wanted to see it yesterday, but I had a meeting for something I didn't know about til about 2 hours before we went to the movies.

∫unk

Smash Master
Well, I got 3rd out of 14 at the last local. I took Sean to game 5 last stock high percent, but I was up 2-0 and he adjusted D: I didn't know what to do in this specific situation but I think I do now. My other "loss" was Sky but we didn't actually play since we're close friends.

Here's my controller... anyone else have a unique controller?

Also here's some recent videos of my DDD:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JunMKK#p/u/2/Y5wV8GiAqdQ

Sean SD'd that match, but I still won by more than the SD'd (or that's what I tell myself anyway lol).

I get 2-stocked on Brinstar I see a few places I could have done better, but I'd appreciate any constructive criticism.

And that match vs Falco isn't out of the norm... like I didn't save it because I did well that one time lol. It was a crew battle (obviously you'll see when you watch the match). And the Falco isn't a noob/idiot/whatever lol

Coney

Smash Master
i have a unique controller but i never use it; i put too much paint on it and while i like the rough, rugged feel of it, it's just...i dunno, too heavy. i also tried to change the c-stick with an analog, that didn't work. so right now i'm using my backup until i get a tri-wing, a standard purple controller with the d-pad taped over it; i've told myself i can remove the tape when i'm good. gotta stay humble!

good videos junk but you scare me when you stay out there on the sides with MK like that! i mean i guess it's unavoidable, but just watch yourself; that's the only real thing i noticed, i'm terrible at analyzing videos. also not to discredit you at all, so forgive me if i sound rude, but it really seems like that MK (sean) isn't too knowledgeable of the MU. i hear that's a WC thing though. again, if i'm mistaken, my apologies!

i played meep this past weekend; i retract my statement about falco being our worst MU; i think it's ICs.

∫unk

Smash Master
Sean is really good vs ddd actually... I don't think he's lost to one and I've played him 5 times in tournament and he's probably played Michael Hey more. I dunno if he played at atomsk or CO at Genesis... but I do think he's been playing worse recently.

I don't understand what you mean by me staying out there? Like I can get Up B'd? or d-air'd?

My thinking was just trying to make him up b (by me staying barely outside his up b range) so that lets me recover safely (even with up b i have enough time). Sometimes that made me get hit by the up b though :(

I mean if I kept getting hit for whatever reason I'd probably just up b early and get to the middle and get hit again and work recovery with better spacing from there. Or recover low? Immediately air dodge? I usually don't like doing either of those unless I HAVE to mix it up.

And that comment was perfect. I just hate when people assume I'm trying to ego boost or put other people down. We should just be analyzing to help each other get better so thank you. MK and Diddy are my worst matchups so I need all the help I can get.

Edit: I see some places where I use f-tilt where I definitely shouldn't be using it lol

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Coney, ICs isn't that hard. You just don't know the matchup.

Falco isn't are worst matchup either.

More than likely, it's MK.

∫unk

Smash Master
serin i agree with your comment on my video... but how can i control what my opponents do? and his credentials are good so what else can i say lol

Coney

Smash Master
I don't understand what you mean by me staying out there? Like I can get Up B'd? or d-air'd?
yeah, basically...i mean i know it's necessary and you're baiting a reaction, but it's really scary as another DDD to watch. i do the same thing, i think it's the right thing to do, just saying it's tense!

I mean if I kept getting hit for whatever reason I'd probably just up b early and get to the middle and get hit again and work recovery with better spacing from there. Or recover low? Immediately air dodge? I usually don't like doing either of those unless I HAVE to mix it up.
yeah, i understand what you mean. i used to recover up high almost exclusively, but xzax would catch me in the sides of nado and just kill me off the top that way, which is why i bring it up. there's usually a "best way" to recover against MK, but it varies from MK to MK. some of them i've found have no clue how to punish a low jump, some always seem to mess up the shuttle loop and get spiked on our way down. good stuff though :O

And that comment was perfect. I just hate when people assume I'm trying to ego boost or put other people down. We should just be analyzing to help each other get better so thank you. MK and Diddy are my worst matchups so I need all the help I can get.
yeah, i agree. looking at these matches with a level head and resistance to both trains of thought ("i wasn't really trying" vs. "OMFG I CAN'T WIN") is necessary.

Edit: I see some places where I use f-tilt where I definitely shouldn't be using it lol
ftilt actually still works well for me in the MK MU, but it might be because there are very few dominant MKs in my region, and i'm the only DDD @_@

didn't you say MK-DDD was only 60-40 though?

i really don't understand what to do against ICs at all. inhale? miss, you'll get grabbed. grab popo/nana, the other one jabs and then grab. space dairs, clever ICs will just uair at opportune times. get grabbed once, and that's a stock. ftilt only beats blizzard when PERFECTLY SPACED. yuck.

i'm just genuinely lost n the MU.

∫unk

Smash Master
i dont like fighting icy's either, although DEHF's secondary is DDD (and MK) and he told me something interesting but i don't know if we can put it to effect

basically it was along the lines of:
"you can't get grabbed as DDD... it should never happen. if you fight like that you should win." then i asked "what if you make a mistake?" and DEHF is like "i dunno you just... don't. DDD has a lot of room for error if you play it right."

i believe DEHF is speaking off his experience fighting Fiction's Ice Climbers, so he probably knows what he's talking about

CO18

Smash Hero

With your abundance of amazing offline experience and consistent high tourney placings and practice vs top level IC's, I will listen to you and agree IC's arent hard.

stoop talking, IC's are hard as hell if they know what they're doing.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You mean when he's sober?

And CO18, your sarcasm is lol.

EDIT: Plus, I use wiimote nunchuck, how do I decorate that?

Top Bottom