• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I asked Azua if it were okay for me to allow a topic like this for the Fox boards, and they are making great use of it, so let's see if you guys can handle yourselves as well and make good use of this. (The Pikachu boards also recently got one and it is doing fine, so now is your turn.)

Ground Rules:
#1: THE GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE.
This should be simple enough. Just because it's a general/social thread does not mean spam, double posting, etc... are all game. They aren't.
#2: Don't reply to people who obviously didn't see rule #1.
This should also be simple. If someone comes in and is like "Lol, Post Count +1", ignore them and pretend it never happened. They'll get infracted and as long as you don't respond to them and egg them on or join in, you won't.
#3: Try to keep things on whatever the current subject is.
This isn't too strict of a rule, but if there is productive discussion going on, try not to derail it and ruin it for everyone else, okay?
#4: This is for the King Dedede boards.
That means this is for the King Dedede community. I know who the King Dedede community is; so I don't want to see people coming here from other boards just to chat. If you haven't contributed to any other thread on this board, then you shouldn't feel the need to post in this one.
#5: This thread can and will be locked at any time.
If I feel things are getting out of hand, then I'll go ahead and lock this thread for a certain period of time. If they get out of hand again, it'll get locked for a longer period of time. And so on until I am forced to just move this to the rubbish bin and you guys never get this again.
#6: Xiivi loves you.
Have fun.
#7: CLUB PENGUIN!!!!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Anyone wanna play chess?
There's no lag on this game.
http://www.chess.com/

Also, who here listens to breakcore?
**** Rock Disco baby.

Also, anyone find it funny that my girlfriend is named Dee, and my favorite chord is D major, and I main Dededee?

Also, anyone wanna challange me for most attractive member of the D3 boards?

Also, anyone else make music?
Check it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Did my one post already break rule 3 by derailing itself several times?
But can a single post derail itself?
If a man can kill himself, a post can derail itself.
But this would be to assume that the post has thought and value.
The true problem lies not in the post, but in the poster.
The post as itself exist in whole, and is no derailed, but when the post is given without thought, dear reader, than the post is already doomed to rambling and derailing.
Perhaps it is not the fault that the poster is derailing his own post or the current topic.
You could argue that it is his environment that needs fixing, as he has become distracted by the what is around him, and is not thinking clearly.
You can not remove the world from the poster, and you can not properly punish the poster for what he or she is not fully responsible for, so what can you do to prevent a topicless topic from going off topic?
I'd say, that the world is its own topic, and is the only topic.
All topics exist together, and only under a topic without a previously stated topic can this beauty be met.
These "general" threads are the realization of what the internet is mean to be; an unabridged, novel of humanity, a recording of dreams yet to be rationalized, essentially, a digital imprint of the human soul.

In short, this thread is beautiful, as long as we all are beautiful, towards each other.

http://www.chess.com/members/view/GUAlbatross
If anyone wants to play me.

www.myspace.com/fudita
if anyone likes my music

Perhaps the first thing we could talk about is comics, hmm yes?
Being members of the internet, you've all seen a KC Green charecter before, weather you know it or not.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well perhaps we could begin by telling just who we are, so we aren't talking on the basis of nothing.
I know you live in Irvine, CA and like Home Movies, but really,who are you?????
I don't know, you tell me.

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Well perhaps we could begin by telling just who we are, so we aren't talking on the basis of nothing.
I know you live in Irvine, CA and like Home Movies, but really,who are you?????
I don't know, you tell me.
Great idea. I love that you know what Home Movies is. Such a funny show. But yeah introductions seems like a good idea.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
LOL.
Do I count as Dedede community? Or does my liking for Meta Knight revoke my Dedede license? Can't a guy like both? XD
Haha at ACE's comment about girlfriend size difference. Same thing here.
Gates has shown his face?!? *GASP*
I know I'll lose, but here I go:

As for introductions, I'm WingedKnight. Was much more active in the speculation days before Brawl and the period of nonstop joy immediately after release. Still my favorite game. Love all three Kirby characters, plus Wario, Marth, and believe it or not Pit (his voice doesn't bother me anymore, it's weird O_O). Simply though, Dedede is my best, and the most pwnsome. All my friends identify me with the King. Besides Brawl, I like hiking, science-type stuff, and reading. I play trombone and I'm a birdwatcher. I'm a weird dude!! XD

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice

Me and my brother and my cousins at a wedding. In case you were wondering I'm the one wearing the classy argyle sweater.

If you guys want talk on facebook just P.M. me.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
We sure are a classy group.

I am graduating high school this, am going to study music composition and theory at college till I get a doctorate in the thing. I play tuba, trombone, cello, and percussion. I make my own electronic music, and I love dating ethnic women.

I think we need a poll to see who won, and copying and pasting our pictures and introductions into the op wouldn't be such a bad idea. Though Co hasn't shown up, and I bet he'll win. He's black ; _ ; we stand no chance.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I miss CO...
I haven't seen him forever, especially when I was flipping back and forth between maining Dedede and MK. LOL, does anyone here remember K.I.N.G.S.? Those were the good ole days. Too bad the clan fell apart, it was really nice, and CO18 did a great job organizing us Dedede's. He's a total beast.
@ CRASHiC: Yeaaaah, another Trombonist!!!
OK, question for ALL of you guys! What has brought such a random assemblage of guys (LOL, there's no girls here) to main King Dedede? I main him because I remember how awesome he was in the Kirby games. Come on, a bad guy who's not really bad? I LOVE his character depth! I was so stoked when I saw he was in the game, that October morning was beautiful. I knew he was gonna be at least a secondary (I was wondering how he would handle), and when he turned out to be so much fun I had to main him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dedede is a baller.
Fsmash -> crouch taunt is the best.

Zip.

Smash Lord
OK, question for ALL of you guys! What has brought such a random assemblage of guys (LOL, there's no girls here) to main King Dedede? I main him because I remember how awesome he was in the Kirby games. Come on, a bad guy who's not really bad? I LOVE his character depth! I was so stoked when I saw he was in the game, that October morning was beautiful. I knew he was gonna be at least a secondary (I was wondering how he would handle), and when he turned out to be so much fun I had to main him.
i liked him in the kirby games, also i had alot of fun playing with him.(plus ive been playing with him for so long, it'd be meh to give him up for someone else..)

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Wait Zip are you a girl? And if you are do you know any other girls in the Dedede boards? We need girls from the DDD boards to judge the contest. I will not allow guys to judge it. Lol

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I'll introduce myself since I doubt the Dedede boards really know much about me, but I am running the stage discussion thread :laugh:.

For my Smash background, I started playing Smash on the release of SSB64 and I mained Pikachu since day one. I was a casual player for the whole run of SSB64. Then Melee came out and I got more in-depth with the basic game mechanics of Smash, but still was a casual player for the most part until the last few months before Brawl. This is when I started to make my transition from a casual player to a competitive player and it was defiantly good timing due to the new game about to come out.

When Brawl came out, I decided to try out all the characters in the game, just in case I wanted to switch from Pikachu to someone else as my main. Soon enough, I picked up King Dedede to try him out. I had a lot of fun with him. I liked the unique feeling of a heavyweight that felt floaty and had multiple jumps, but people started telling me that he sucked because he was too slow or some other bs so I decided to find out how to really use him well. This is when I join Smash Boards.

I read CO18's King Dedede guide and go back to playing and just by reading about what D3 can abuse, I got a lot better. So by this point in time (Day 1 or Day 2 of Brawl released in US) I have decided to main King Dedede due to how often I was using him. I still liked Pikachu a lot though, so I decided to secondary Pikachu and try to use him as often as D3.

Slowly King Dedede started getting more play time than Pikachu and with more and more practice, my D3 became a lot better than my Pikachu. This led to Pikachu eventually landing in the normal secondary spot of being mostly used as a counter pick character for me.

I played a lot of Brawl, mostly using Dedede up until sometime in the Summer. Not all my friends really played Brawl at a competitive level and I had other interests that I got into and thus I gone from the Smash community until late January or sometime in February this year. At this point, I got involved with the Pikachu community more because I wanted to get my Pika at the same level as my Dedede and I grew some friendships with the Pika players over this time.

Eventually, Buuman's Tech Chasing thread shows up in the King Dedede section and I decide to look for something I could help with in the Dedede section and I realize that there was not a single stage thread here. So this is when I start the stage discussion thread for King Dedede.

So yep. :laugh: There is a basic look at what I been doing with Smash Bros.

As for personal info. I am not as classy as you other Dededes, wearing your polo shirts and eating at fancy restaurants XD. My ethnic is White, Black, and Native American. I am a devoted Christian (as you may be able to tell from my signature). That's about all I can think of for right now.

If you have any questions... I will be happy the answer them.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Wait Zip are you a girl? And if you are do you know any other girls in the Dedede boards? We need girls from the DDD boards to judge the contest. I will not allow guys to judge it. Lol
lol im a guy bud.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
.... im bored lololol

here are some cool d3 pics i found on the internet

I didnt make those I just took them off the internet as I said.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
It was fine until 14. a3, I was expected 14. Nc3, which would have played out much better for you. But okay. :p

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Umm I know it has to be a pic of me but I dont haz pics of me.

I just posted some cool pics of d3. D:

Zip.

Smash Lord
Lol well the way you responded to Crashic made me think you might be one. My bad bro.
Its cool man..lol
anyways guise i know this has been spoken about in other topics, but im trying to find a solid secondary for dedede that isnt snake,mk,g&w,Falco or R.O.B..
im thinking about one of these(lucario,luigi,marth,wario,diddy,DK)
what are your thoughts? x_______X

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Secondary Luigi thats what the cool kids are doing.

I basically use D3/CF/Luigi

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Its cool man..lol
anyways guise i know this has been spoken about in other topics, but im trying to find a solid secondary for dedede that isnt snake,mk,g&w,Falco or R.O.B..
im thinking about one of these(lucario,luigi,marth,wario,diddy,DK)
what are your thoughts? x_______X
If you care about your bad matchups but don't want to use said characters then go with Marth or Kirby. Kirby and Marth have advantages over top tier characters that give DDD trouble such as Falco and Diddy. Marth will cover all your bad matchups except for MK. And while Kirby doesn't cover every lower character he does have a close matchup with MK.

Zip.

Smash Lord
What match up messes you up the most?
Falco?
Metaknight?
Ice Climbers?
Kirby?

Pick based on this.
Ics and Olimar for the most part
@ 7ACE7: i was thinking marth as well..i may just do that
i was also thinking of having a third as well..(im thinking kirby or wario)

Top Bottom