• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a lousy smash player!

JFox

Smash Hero
I thought it would be funny to reveal your biggest weaknesses as a player. Not what character u suck vs, but what strategy gives you the hardest of problems.

Me personally, i can't beat anyone who can outcamp me, and since i suck at camping, thats a good deal of players.

Your turn :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
why wouldn't you

edit: and for me, my biggest weakness is probably DI-ing long combos because i'm too scared of flubbing the DI on the end hit

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Everything. :laugh:

But seriously, one (out of many things) thing I'm really lousy at is not getting gimped, especially against those darn Marth and Jiggs players.

Brado

Smash Lord
If I think of a move that I could of used in a certain situation, I nearly always try and use it, even if the situation isn't available anymore. For example, if I miss the perfect opportunity to f-smash, i'll be trying to do it again as soon as possible, ending up in many mistakes for me x_X

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
I can't WD out of shield either. Is it possible to be consistent with if I only use the R button? Now, I consider myself a somewhat technical player. I can SHFFL without even thinking, SHDL w/ shines, multishine, waveshine fluently, etc but WDing out of shield is so hard because I only use the R button, I don't even try anymore. I've been playing too long to use the L button, I don't even want to touch it. My index finger cannot move while i'm moving my thumb on the analog stick, they just don't work independently.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
My biggest weakness is my consistancy. Sometimes I play like I'm tink and sometimes i look like im a scrub.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I wavedash oos with one button fine, just practice.

my biggest weakness by far is spamming arials, although ive managed to curb this particular weakness in recent weeks.

JFox

Smash Hero
I can't WD out of shield either. Is it possible to be consistent with if I only use the R button? Now, I consider myself a somewhat technical player. I can SHFFL without even thinking, SHDL w/ shines, multishine, waveshine fluently, etc but WDing out of shield is so hard because I only use the R button, I don't even try anymore. I've been playing too long to use the L button, I don't even want to touch it. My index finger cannot move while i'm moving my thumb on the analog stick, they just don't work independently.
To answer your question, yes it is possible to shield and wavedash with the same trigger. Its a bit more difficult for ur fingers, but its just as effective. You really just have to sit there and practice it, theres no two ways about it.

I have very bad timing. There is a natural rhythm to this game. Some people can be like "ok wait for spot dodge" and AS SOON AS the spot dodge is gone they are hitting the opponent. The only way i know how to punish spot dodge is by doing an attack with enough start up lag that i hit right after the spot dodge is over. So if they dont spot dodge i usually get hit :urg:

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I have problems doing advanced shine stuff, like shinenairs/bairs, or waveshining. For some reason, I also can't do SHDL with one hand.

And with Falco, I just can't DL off the edge, no matter what I try, it's been driving me crazy.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
i Have Problems Doing Advanced Shine Stuff, Like Shinenairs/bairs, Or Waveshining. For Some Reason, I Also Can't Do Shdl With One Hand.

And With Falco, I Just Can't Dl Off The Edge, No Matter What I Try, It's Been Driving Me Crazy.
Shinebairs

How Do People Do This

It Seems Like It Needs To Be Soooo Fast

I Need A God **** Tutorial, How Do I Shinebair

I Haven't Done It Once ;_;

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
people who's dash game is better than mine. I play with a guy who's soo good with his dash dance camping that he can litterally just dash around with his chars and wait for me to lag something and punish. I have a hard time getting around very good dash dance camping

LLDL

Smash Hero
At msot tourneys i have been to, by the time sings start, I have already gotten cramped fingers and lose matches when I am clearly the superior player, no johns. Fawk doubles.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
I can't aerial out of shield well. I end up rolling.

I don't think that much when I try and be aggressive.

When i'm getting combo'd it's really hard for me to get back control.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Shinebairs

How Do People Do This

It Seems Like It Needs To Be Soooo Fast

I Need A God **** Tutorial, How Do I Shinebair

I Haven't Done It Once ;_;
1) Down + B

2) Up on Control Stick

3) Left/Right on C-Stick

^

Is one method of doing it.

Can also shine spike with falco by replacing Left/Right on C-Stick with down on C-stick.

I suck hard at doubles, even when I play Fox. With more than two players on a stage, it just feels cluttered and I can get that same freedom of movement I normally get in 1v1's.

I can't upsmash out of Shield.
I can't Shine upsmash, but I can Shine turnaround upsmash.
I can't Shine out of shield.
I can't SHDL, nor multishine.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I never remember to shield a side-B in Falcon dittos. I always try to run away or attack through it, and sometimes it works, but a lot of the time it doesn't.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I don't lightshield against Peach's d-smash or when Marth is below me. I just don't have the delicacy to press that **** shoulder button halfway through.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
1) Down + B

2) Up on Control Stick

3) Left/Right on C-Stick

^

Is one method of doing it.

Can also shine spike with falco by replacing Left/Right on C-Stick with down on C-stick.
Lol, I think everyone knows HOW to do it, it's just that we can't do it because our fingers aren't fast enough :(

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I burn my 2nd jump way too quickly, leaving my recovery options slim to none.

Oddly enough, Brawl has actually taught me to do this less often. Who woulda thunk it? :chuckle:

S l o X

Smash Champion
It's funny, I can do these silly things like WD OoS but I'm just bad as a player. Lack of experience causes me to be just horrible and maybe before 2010 I can get some play time at someones house, learn a few things.

The thing I'd say is my worst feat. is SDing and lack of consistent speed.
(after reading a lot of these, i realize i can do quite a lot. just practice that one thing and get it down.)

I can't moon walk but I got the basis down. I hope to learn a lot in my first day of playing smash with a smasher. :D

Top Bottom