• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETE Frame Data Directory

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'll admit I haven't been able to get to matters within smash lab itself besides some frame data here and there, but I've been making up for it by teaching people how to read PSA/OSA and how to hack their Wii for frame advance, so that hopefully compensates :)

School kicks your butt sometimes, and you often have to halt your smash research/little contributions for irl stuff :(

http://opensa.dantarion.com/autoframe/
^This should be translated or something. You can understand it yourself if you look around a bit, but somethings need confirmation I think. Like if animation ends on frame 50, does that mean you can start another move on that exact frame which really makes the whole animation reall 49 frames? Those sort of things.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
OMG.... is that what I think it is?!

Frame data for all characters?!!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

How accurate is that?!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's in PSA format, so you'll have to figure out the timers and what not. I suggest you read this before trying to figure out the in game frames:
[collapse="Understanding PSA Frames vs. Game Frames"]
Alright, so we all know that in PSA, you can view the frame data for characters. However, the way this works can confuse lots of people. Things such as ZSS's and Squirtle's "0 Frame" Jabs, when we just consider them frame 1. So instead we adopted the system of adding one to what we see in PSA.

However, is this completely correct to just add 1? No.

People that say that ZSS's Jab comes out frame 0 are technically correct. However, the frame 0 is a misconception. It is actually the PSA frame 0. In PSA, the frames is spits out are not actually the frames seen in game. Instead, they are the parts in-between each frame. They are the inputs. So I would rather refer to the number that PSA spits out as "input" so ZSS's Jab would be considered Frame 1, Input 0.

For the rest, refer to this visualization:

This is a representation of a move I made up (the frame data would be so lulzy). Imagine that they grey part is the start-up of the move, the red part the hitbox of the move and the white part the cool-down.

Now in OSA2 the picture would look like the following
Code:
---Start---
[B]Asynchronous Timer - Frames=2.00x,[/B]
Offensive Collision - Hitbox stuff...
[B]Asynchronous Timer - Frames=8.00x,[/B]
Terminate Collisions
[B]Asynchronous Timer - Frames=10.00x,[/B]
Allow Interrupt
---End---
Now I believe that we can all agree on that the hitbox starts on Frame 3. This follows the +1 rule. As you can see, it also follows the I2. So that is entirely correct. Now, if we were to follow the +1 rule. The hitbox would last until frame 9. But would that mean that frame 9 has the hitbox out or gone? This is where the +1 rule leaves much to be desired. But, if we are to use the inputs, we can see that it is indeed not out on frame 9. This is because we are reading this as the game would read it. It would read that the collisions are terminated on Input 8. Therefore, the following frame has no collisions because they were eliminated during Input 8.

Using the the "Input" instead of the "Frame" system helps us to realize things easier like the FAF. Lets take for example the move above. Is the FAF Frame 10 or Frame 11. Well, based on the Input, which is Input 10, we can see that the following frame, Frame 11 is allowing the interrupt.

TL;DR - When you refer to numbers from PSA/OSA2, start using the input number to figure out the actual frame using this graphic.[/collapse]

It was orignially written for the Smash Lab, but since Dant's just throwing around PSA formatted data, I figure you might as well read it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
PSA Format is awful though, so we should still continue with a full spreadsheet instead imo but Smash Researcher somehow want to be as complex and close to PSA stuff as possible (which is really annoying) so I don't hope for it and will do it myself sometime.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
PSA Format is awful though, so we should still continue with a full spreadsheet instead imo but Smash Researcher somehow want to be as complex and close to PSA stuff as possible (which is really annoying) so I don't hope for it and will do it myself sometime.
Yes, PSA Format IS awful. Sort of why I didn't post that in here myself. However, anyone competent enough to interpret it can use it with that info I gave.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I've skimmed through the data of some characters and it seems that the startup frames for the smashes are counted from the release of the charge.
Is there a place where I can find the data for the charge ?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I've skimmed through the data of some characters and it seems that the startup frames for the smashes are counted from the release of the charge.
Is there a place where I can find the data for the charge ?
Anyone? PSA data for smashes without charge?

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
Sorry for necroposting but will the Smash Lab post the frame data for all charasters anytime soon?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You mean in the form of image dumps or video?

In either case, the Smash Lab hasn't released anything like that. We have at one point worked on it, but I suppose a little bit of activity/laziness got the best of some of our members. :/

I'm sure with enough searching on Youtube though, you can find hitbubbles of any character you want.

... The only one I can't recall having a video released to this day is Yoshi. It has been a while since I've looked, so maybe that tidbit is now outdated, but really if anybody could find me a video of Yoshi's stuff that'd be awesome.

:093:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's because the original coding was a typo, it would originally only produce the image if you typed in :shiek: (which for a while was a running joke on the Sheik boards lol), now it's been fixed and half the threads older than early 2010 will have a break where there should be "shiek" lol.

btw iirc dekar doesn't post much anymore.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I believe we are currently lacking data on glide cancels. If you glide cancel into the ground, when can you first act? if you glide cancel in the air, when can you first act? Obviously this only applies to a few characters (MK, Pit, Charizard), but it would be useful to know.

Napos

Smash Ace
I believe we are currently lacking data on glide cancels. If you glide cancel into the ground, when can you first act? if you glide cancel in the air, when can you first act? Obviously this only applies to a few characters (MK, Pit, Charizard), but it would be useful to know.
Glide cancel in the air???

C.J.

Smash Master
Bump because this thread is helpful and I hate not being able to find it quickly.

TKD

Smash Lord
Glide, and subsequently press B. You will stop gliding. When can you act again?
2 frames after landing. it's an autocancel. what i don't know is if autocancels have a soft landing (2 lag frames) and a hard landing (4 lag frames)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
New Wolf frame data (WIP)

Also, apparently the jumpsquat frames in the first post are wrong. Wolf has a 5-frame jumpsquat, not 7. I was told it's because BrawlBox lies and things are slower there or something? Idk, just sayin', someone should probably re-do those :x

:059:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
2 frames after landing. it's an autocancel. what i don't know is if autocancels have a soft landing (2 lag frames) and a hard landing (4 lag frames)
I forgot about this! The autocancel frames are awesome, but I was looking for something different still.

Glide --> press B --> When can you act? (You do NOT touch the ground, you are airborne for the whole process).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
No info on universals, like when footstools activate? I'd like to think it's frame 1 that the enemy goes into their footstooled animation but there's no information on this kind of thing anywhere.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Sheiks frame data thread has a big problem. The descriptions for dair and dsmash are exactly the same. But they are 2 different moves.

Top Bottom