• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETE Frame Data Directory

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@Mike- fixed, thanks :) hitbubbles are too good.
Wewt, I now have two threads linked here XD

Anyway, most likely someboards don't have advantage b/c they used PSA to determine the frame data (which is extremely accurate) but you can't directly get advantage from it b/c you can't really determine sheild stun from it.

Veril

Frame Savant
Most "frame data" linked here is fairly mediocre. Not including the autocancel points for aerials, never having things like initial adv on throw, next to no hitstun data... and that's just what's missing. I think the single stupidest thing I've seen is having "duration" include hitlag rather than listing the iasa. The Jigglypuff frame data suffers from this problem.

There are notable exceptions: MK and Snake both have excellent frame data threads. For the most part though I would encourage people to use PSA and frame advance to get reliable data... and post it. And never assume something is accurate just cause there's a wall of numbers (unless I posted it... or 3God... or Magus, etc).

tl;dr: Mediocre data, do better Smashboards.

Veril

Frame Savant
Mediocre frame data is better than no frame data.

If you want better, do it yourself.
:laugh:

Knew someone would say that ;p. I do collect my own frame data (for B+). I've even posted some frame data for vBrawl (MK's throw data for example).

here's an overview of these frame data threads:

bowser: needs autocancel points and item throws, otherwise really good.

CF: clearly a WIP

diddy: I don't know if Illinialex made the same mistake here as in the Jigglypuff frame data, but if he did... :urg:

DK: not bad overall. Throw frame data should be tested on Lucario however and not Mario. There was also no shieldstun/adv on block listed.

Falco: no autocancel frames or throw data. High level of quality otherwise.

Fox: no autocancel frames or throw data. Some hitstun data would be good for fox also.

GW: no autocancel frames or throw data. Best movement data :)

Ganon: doesn't exist?

ICS: Overall fairly simplistic and limited. Has throw data however.

Ike: Really really good thread. :bee:

Jigglypuff: duration includes hitlag... bad format decision there. Also lists LS base and growth rather than PSA derived values for bkb and kbg. Tripping move data would be nice also.

King DDD: good guide but very limited frame data.

kirby: pretty good stuff

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
That's odd my ganon frame data thread disappeared (phantomX moved it somewhere...).

Veril the frame advantage on block for DK is in the frame advantage/shieldstun section. I can't see how you missed it :p

EDIT: The Ganon frame data was moved to the second post of PK-ow's sticky on Ganon's techs. I'd give a link but I'm browsing through the Wii atm.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Does everyone take the same amount of frames to jump? Because I read in the Link frame data that it takes him 9 frames to jump.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright guys, I went into BrawlBox and got how long each animation took. Here is my findings:
[collapse="JumpSquat Frame Data"]captain - 6
dedede - 5
diddy - 5
donkey - 7
falco - 5
fox - 5
gamewatch - 6
ganon - 6
ike - 8
kirby - 5
koopa - 9
link - 8
lucario - 6
lucas - 6
luigi - 6
mario - 6
marth - 6
metaknight - 5
ness - 6
peach - 6
pikachu - 5
pikmin - 6
pit - 6
pokefushigisou - 6
pokelizardon - 8
pokezenigame - 5
popo - 5
purin - 6
robot - 6
samus - 5
sheik - 5
snake - 10
sonic - 8
szerosuit - 5
toonlink - 8
wario - 7
wolf - 7
yoshi - 7
zelda - 7
[/collapse]
Remember this is the length of the animation, so when you are calculating the first actionable frame, you have to add one.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Not sure if this is right place to ask

Does your shield come up faster if your running or walking?
I've heard it comes up faster if your walking

Scabe

Successful Businessman
That's really helpful rPSI! Thanks for that.

Is landing lag the same for all characters? Is there a thread with the list of landing lag frames for each character?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Snake actually has it worse than Bowser? I'm amazed.

Hahaha, all Kirby characters have 5 frame squats.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@_@

I think Dekar doesn't understand how Jump Cancel attacks OoS works.

I put the list of jump squats up. What that is, is the time in which the jump can be canceled before they lift off the ground. This means that you can cancel the jumpsquat at frame 1 of the jumpsquat into Up-B or Up-Smash, so when your factoring in an Up-B OoS, you don't have to assume any form of lag before the move comes out. The jumpsquat would apply to situations where you're using an aerial OoS to punish like your trying to punish something OoS with an n-air with MK, you take his 5 frames and add the three frames of start-up and find that his n-air is 8 frames OoS. But his Up-B OoS just cancels jumpsquat to not include those frames so you only take into consideration MK's Shuttle Loop and nothing else.

Dekar173

Justice Man
@_@

I think Dekar doesn't understand how Jump Cancel attacks OoS works.

I put the list of jump squats up. What that is, is the time in which the jump can be canceled before they lift off the ground. This means that you can cancel the jumpsquat at frame 1 of the jumpsquat into Up-B or Up-Smash, so when your factoring in an Up-B OoS, you don't have to assume any form of lag before the move comes out. The jumpsquat would apply to situations where you're using an aerial OoS to punish like your trying to punish something OoS with an n-air with MK, you take his 5 frames and add the three frames of start-up and find that his n-air is 8 frames OoS. But his Up-B OoS just cancels jumpsquat to not include those frames so you only take into consideration MK's Shuttle Loop and nothing else.
?

An OOS upB/usmash is a JUMP CANCELED upB/usmash. Of course you're canceling the frames on the jump, it's jump canceled!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
In your OP you make it seem like you have to wait until Jumpsquat is finished.

Dekar173

Justice Man
? It says that's how long it takes for a jump to occur. Then again, I'll just add a bit to make it less confusing.

Thanks again for this info, it definitely makes sense with how amazing Diddy's bair is oos XD

Crow!

Smash Lord
I think that's the wrong Link thread... <.<'
I believe Anonano's referring to my frame data thread on AiB.
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=124952

There is a footnote about my data though:
Anyway, I have noticed a discrepancy between the way I have reported frame data and the way it is usually reported. Consider ZSS's jab, which everyone calls a "frame 1" attack whose hitboxes end on frame 4. I would have described that as an "instant" attack whose hitboxes end on frame 3.

The issue is that the frame numbers I'm reporting are how much time (in 60-ths of a second) elapses between when you push the button and the first moment the attack could happen. When you input Jab with ZSS, you could well hit your opponent in much LESS than 1/60 of a second, as the attack is out the very next time the game updates, which might be in 0.0001 seconds. Basically, if you think about yourself as usually pushing the buttons halfway between frame A and frame A+1, my frame data says frame A+1 is "frame 0" whereas most frame data you see says frame A, which was before you even pressed the button, is "frame 0."

TL;DR version: If you are comparing my Link frame data to data collected by counting frames on a video (which is the usual case), either speed up the opponent's data by 1 frame or slow down Link's by 1.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I liked it when it was stickied :(

But meh new thread does it's job.

Also, RocketPSI's jump frame data looks alot different from the last time I saw it. Did you change it, or am I just imagining things?

How many frames is landing lag? And is it the same for each character?

Top Bottom