• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETE Frame Data Directory

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's in the stickies. See ressource thread.
(But I agree that the stickies are in kind of a mess actually)

Luxor

Smash Champion
This thread is already outdated. The Smash Lab is like 95% done with revised, authoritative basic frame data for all characters anyway. It's not as in-depth as some of the threads, but it's better than most and it'll likely get its own sticky or at least a position of honor in the resources thread.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I don't like the way our "officical frame data" and it's also missing so much stuff etc.
a complete ordinary well done thread is better imo.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wait, so you guys are releasing a "complete" frame data resource on every character... but it's not complete?

:/

Luxor

Smash Champion
It'll be released when it's done. Like 5 more characters left atm or something, Smash Lab is moving kind of slowly right now.

For each character we have the essential data for every basic move: hitframe, IASA/FAF, hitbubble duration, invincibility, super armor, and the whole shebang for jabs, tilts, smashes, aerials, and grabs. We're not doing get-up attacks, dodges, specials, or hitbubble data (what Kirk had tons of, BKB/KBG/trajectory/etc.) yet. Specials will almost certainly get done, a lot of the rest will probably get done too.

We could actually include shield advantage/disadvantage, shieldhitlag, hitlag, and all that good stuff but we're not, since it's fairly easy to derive from the data already in the project (damage/hitframe/FAF). I think we'll just release the spreadsheet with a quick guide on how to calc those numbers for yourself, since if WE did it for every move the release date would get pushed back even more.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285074
Like that thread of mine/lordhelmet's, but without useful commentary/throw data/OoS analysis/explicity stated shield advantages.

Luxor

Smash Champion
You can get all the data that isn't included yet by plugging 'em into a quick little formula, except for hitbubble data which will come and isn't too useful anyhow.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Some of these are garbage though. If eery character had a decent thread already, fine. If the OP had been updated in the last million years with new and improved threads like mine for Falcon, Link, and others, fine. As it is, releasing one authoritative compilation of frame data to last for all time would be amazing.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I know what you mean, at least my frame data is almost complete (needs some correction etc but I'm lazy nowadays)

Yikarur

Smash Master
the first airborne frame is in the OP
I don't know if turnarrounds animation itself lasts differently from character to character but you can cancel the turn arround animation from frame 1 with everything.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Sooo which one of you researchers wants to finish ZSS's frame data :o specifically side b and nB advantage on shield would be awesome

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That is a good question.

As much as I hate saying this, the Smash Lab is really slow right now. A lot of people have been using various reasons to not do the frame data, including just being lazy. We do however, have the primary, non-special frame data completed. We may release that and hopefully it will motivate the others to use the rest of their winter break to finish the current section we are working on. (ledge actions, non-character specific other stuff.) After we finish that bunch, we will begin working on gathering frame data for specials. That is the hardest part of collecting. Each character has unique moves that are tediously hard to find and some must be done by frame advance and others take a complicated process to find all the frame data for.

Sorry if we seem to be going slow, but gathering data for thirty some-odd characters is tediously hard.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sooo which one of you researchers wants to finish ZSS's frame data :o specifically side b and nB advantage on shield would be awesome
Could you give me a link and I'll see what's missing? Who leaded that project anyway and couldn't finish it?

Better question: When is Smash Lab releasing this "authoritative" frame data?
It could be a very long time, considering some characters don't have dedicated researchers. If submitting it in parts were possible, I'd shoot for that, but that's not up to me to decide.

:093:

Yikarur

Smash Master
lala.

it's generally annoying that a lot of people deny the use of frame advance o: because PSAetc is so much more "correct" (my whole Yoshi frame data is done in frame advance and there's no mistake :D xD)

but the SmashLab is sooo slow, it's annoying, even the easiert projects do go on even though their completation would last about 2 days if people would really do something for it (Term List).

but I hope the motivation will come back sooner or later >_<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
lala.

it's generally annoying that a lot of people deny the use of frame advance o: because PSAetc is so much more "correct" (my whole Yoshi frame data is done in frame advance and there's no mistake :D xD)

but the SmashLab is sooo slow, it's annoying, even the easiert projects do go on even though their completation would last about 2 days if people would really do something for it (Term List).

but I hope the motivation will come back sooner or later >_<
I thought I was the only one back there that did this. Sheesh.

I love me some Good ol' fashion frame advance. Ain't no better way to go about it than to do it in the game itself! :D PSA's okay for some things, but man I just love torturing myself to hours of manual data-gathering, hehe.

*Ahem.* Besides that, what happened to just taking requests? Getting the projects done would be nice sure, but I'm also positive some people only want certain data and not necessarily everything else we're doing.

... Just like I would be getting some (apparently missing) data for Zero Suit Samus... as I can find the/a client... Until then though, I don't know what I have to/am suppose to look for.

It's truly unfortunate that not every character is blessed with a dedicated researcher. But who am I to talk? I gather data myself; and for the character I play, at a slow pace unless I have people coming up and asking me data and staying in contact with me. It's hard to stay motivated by yourself. :(

... But maybe I'm only trying to save face by this point. We're all a buncha lazy/busy people I suppose, even though I only see a handful of people even posting the lab's social. We try though, and I guess all I'm saying is "if you want to know something or somebody to look up data, then talk to an individual. Avoid requesting from the whole group."

Also, I really should keep up with more public-relations stuff like this. I would love to help out more people instead of having to find the motivation in myself to work. Kind of like contracts.

Flayl

Smash Hero
if you need work done for Bowser I can help

I don't want anything to do with the smash lab though, because they did jack **** about planking and it took until DMG stepped it up

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Flayl, that was before anyone took charge of the Smash Lab. Veril didn't take over it until after the planking stuff, in which extensive research has taken place. =/

Flayl

Smash Hero
"Here's this obvious important issue we should look into. But since nobody is telling us to, we won't"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
"Here's this obvious important issue we should look into. But since nobody is telling us to, we won't"
Wait a minute.

I hope that wasn't because of something I said!

I'm a fairly new edition. In fact, I think I might be the newest! (Assuming you don't count Susa who left.)

Please please please~, don't blame an entire group because of one person! Especially when I am admittingly only loosely tied with what goes on back there! There are good people back there. ;_;

I've only been going there for small stuff, until I get some seniority and can tackle on bigger fish fries.

Also somewhat unrelated, where is that clientele for ZSS? I'm waiting~. I just don't want to get data that's already known and waste everybody's time is all.

Flayl

Smash Hero
*addition

And I have no idea how you thought I was talking about you. I was talking about the previous Smash Lab group (which very likely shares plenty of members with the new group).

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Also somewhat unrelated, where is that clientele for ZSS? I'm waiting~. I just don't want to get data that's already known and waste everybody's time is all.

Sorry just checked this again.

So this is the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265245

Usmash has no data on it. First initial hitbox would be great

We have no specials data. For specials I'd like to know:

-up b's start and end data. It has a fast initial hitbox around her waist that will hit grounded opponents who are close to her, I'd like to know how fast it comes out specifically
-side b's advantage on shield, both the close and tipper hitbox.
-nB's start and end data, as well as its advantage on shield. It will obviously depend on the distance away from the opponent. If it's possible knowing what the frame advantage is at both point blank range as well as at her dtilt range, that'd be awesome

I'd also appreciate you double checking her aerial advantages on shield (land canceled bair/uair/nair as well as the second hit of fair's best advantage on shield), as well as dtilt/ftilt advantage

Thank you, ill check this to answer questions or you can PM me :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And I have no idea how you thought I was talking about you. I was talking about the previous Smash Lab group (which very likely shares plenty of members with the new group).
... But maybe I'm only trying to save face by this point. We're all a buncha lazy/busy people I suppose, even though I only see a handful of people even posting the lab's social. We try though, and I guess all I'm saying is "if you want to know something or somebody to look up data, then talk to an individual. Avoid requesting from the whole group."
*Bites lip.*

I don't know. The active researchers stay active, while the inactive researchers stay inactive; get nothing done, and hopefully get no credit either. Maybe some purging here and there, but they can't really do any harm if they're not around in the first place.

You shouldn't blame a whole group just because a couple of individuals are not doing what they should/could be doing. There are good people too, especially now when it seems like the few/some that are active are trying their best!

Please check the frame data thread if you have not already.

Also rPSI, I want an updated member list! I can't tell if there have been people removed/left/quit, or who are the new editions, if there are/were any! :mad: I am not invisibibul!! :mad: :mad:

Top Bottom