• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETE Frame Data Directory

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
uuuuum not sure but i think it's 2 frames from soft landing and 4 frames for hard landing (fast falling).
if you airdodge while you're landing i think it treats it as a hard landing.

shanus

Smash Hero
uuuuum not sure but i think it's 2 frames from soft landing and 4 frames for hard landing (fast falling).
if you airdodge while you're landing i think it treats it as a hard landing.
Actually, hard landing is calculated by your frame count of air time!

The more you know! (That is how it is programmed into fighter.pac)

Edit: Also, do not use BBox to verify frame data for any moves programmed by attributes in PSA. For example, JumpSquat is directly controlled by attributes in PSA. If your PSA jumpsquat value does not match your animation length in BBox, weird things happen. However, in many situations, the animations listed in BBox are longer. For instance, aerial landing lags are programmed as 31 frames for virtually all characters, but PSA attributes (read, not classical IASA frames, these adjust frame speed automaticallY) control the actual landinglag.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I would love it if we could have some "hitlag frame data". As in, the frames where you can't do anything during a "launch" animation (from the weakest launch to the strongest launch, weakest being something like Sheik's needle/Falco's laser and strongest being a Snake fsmash/DDD fsmash)... Finding out when an attack has frame advantage no matter what would be nice.

... Or is this located somewhere else?

DMBisAwesome

Smash Rookie
how many frames does it take for a shield to come out. Im assuming its the same for each character.

Veril

Frame Savant
Wait, in the Snake thread it says the first hit of ftilt has a 0% chance of tripping. I could have sworn I've been tripped by that move before O.o
2 of the f-tilt x1 hitbubbles have the 361° special angle, aka the sakurai angle. Moves with that angle have a chance of inducing trip at low% that is independent of the normal trip%.

I would love it if we could have some "hitlag frame data". As in, the frames where you can't do anything during a "launch" animation (from the weakest launch to the strongest launch, weakest being something like Sheik's needle/Falco's laser and strongest being a Snake fsmash/DDD fsmash)... Finding out when an attack has frame advantage no matter what would be nice.
You want on hit advantage formula, not "hitlag frame data". It is really complicated. You can test moves individually, which is very time consuming. I've done a ton of this. Its also something that, once you've put the work into getting it, you don't really want to share it. Now I've shared a lot of adv data, but I'm careful about how much I reveal when it involves my mains/seconds. For example, I wouldn't post my Lucas (in B+) advantage on hit data.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Any way we could get grab release frame data?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I don't think the move is to be used as a normal attack. It works better at punishing aerials which it hits between landing lag, or after our aerial as it also great at shield pokes. Thats what I believe is the best use for the first hitbox.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
so why is this not stickied lol this is probably the most non trolled important thread in tactical.

it has data and link to the frame data for every character. no matter who you play this is a good reference

Yikarur

Smash Master
the jump squat frame data are incorrect, there's written "add one and you have the first actionable frame" but the frames that are listen ARE the first actionable frame o:

E: ok I get why there is +1 frame, it's because of the dead frame, but if you buffer the move it's happends instantly in the frame where the dead frame would occur ;0

Veril

Frame Savant
Dekar, I hate to tell you this, but that old Link data thread is completely outdated and wrong. The newer version is located here: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=124952&page=1

Wish we had one for the SWF Link boards, but at this time we don't, so just use that.
Yes, the new link data thread on AiB is substantially better. Still lacking in many ways, but a vast improvement.

the jump squat frame data are incorrect, there's written "add one and you have the first actionable frame" but the frames that are listen ARE the first actionable frame o:

E: ok I get why there is +1 frame, it's because of the dead frame, but if you buffer the move it's happends instantly in the frame where the dead frame would occur ;0
My brain hurt when I read this. Jumpsquat is cancelable by up-smash and up-b, so technically they are all actionable frames. If you mean the first unrestricted actionable frame, than yes, its jumpsquat +1. If you have a 4 frame animation to your jump (ie 4 frames of jumpsquat or jumpstart) your first airborne frame, and thus first unrestricted frame, is frame 5. 4+1=5

le sigh

Also the dead frame is the last frame of jumpsquat iirc. Your edit doesn't make sense.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Veriiil, with first actionable frame is meant the first actionable airborne frame.

the dead frame is the first airborne frame.
the jump squat frame data in the OP lists the first airborne frame but there is written
"Remember this is the length of the animation, so when you are calculating the first actionable frame, you have to add one."

if you buffer an aerial you do it exactly in the frame listend in the OP.
I use an example so you get me:

"diddy - 5"
5 = first airborne frame, the OP says +1 is the first actionable frame (6).
So if you ignore buffering this is correct (if we ignore Jump Cancelled Options) because of the dead frame in the first airborne frame. But if we include buffering this becomes incorrect because if you buffer an aerial then the aerial occur in the first airborne frame instantly (5).
So the jump squad of Diddy ist actually 4 frames, the dead frame is frame 5 and in frame 6 Diddy can input a move without buffering.
=D
so the data in the OP is actually wrong.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
So according to the jump squat dead frames, you will also have to consider some Up B moves.
If Up B is done before the dead frame, jump squat is canceled and activated on the ground. After the dead frame, its activated in the air.

How many frames does it take to recognize a full hop button input?

Veril

Frame Savant
The first airborne frame determines whether its a fullhop. I would guess the reason the dead-frame on jump exists has something to do with this.

@Yikarur: don't ignore buffering. That said, the "first actionable airborne frame" did clarify what you meant. First actionable frame takes buffering into account and IS NOT the same as the frame following the dead frame. There are also limited actionable frames like with jab combos and specific iasa.

Just use "first airborne frame" and "jumpstart" plz.

@Koten: fix Pit's jumpstart. I'm right about that and his SH/FH duration. I posted a proof in your data thread. :p

Yikarur

Smash Master
dammit, I know, I just quoted the OP with "first actionable frame" >__< (americans always misunderstand me ;_; )

-Jedi-

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for someone capable of finding out frame data that's willing to lend a hand. The Link boards over on AiB are in need of Link's shield stun and shield advantage data and currently don't have anyone capable of getting it. If there's someone out there with some free time that could get this for us it would be greatly appreciated.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I'm looking for someone capable of finding out frame data that's willing to lend a hand. The Link boards over on AiB are in need of Link's shield stun and shield advantage data and currently don't have anyone capable of getting it. If there's someone out there with some free time that could get this for us it would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285276
I'LL TEACH YOU TO IGNORE SWF

Also, Smash Lab is redoing everyone's basic frame data anyway so this thread won't need to exist for much longer.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
how many frames does it take to put up your shield? In what frames can you activate a perfect shield?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Testing with Falco's laser as a projectile, I timed power shielding it. I could power shield the laser on frames 1-6, and normal shield it on frame 7+. Maybe this is different with physical attacks?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Zac, it most likely stems from the fact that Falco's lasers are coming at you, therefore, it creates a larger timing frame in which your shield will be able to powershield the laser. The timing for a power shield is 1-3 frames for most attacks.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
does perfect shielding lower the amount of frames it takes for your shield to drop?

Yikarur

Smash Master
no but your shield drop animation is interruptable by any non moving (but jump) action.

Top Bottom