• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
On another note, my first kill in this game was a panic knife. :troll:

And since I can't get onto Live I've been playing the campaign. Got about 1/3 the way through on Veteran with minimal deaths. I am quite pleased with the level of difficulty. I don't feel bull****ted when I die.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
not having dead silence is going to destroy my soul...

either way, i haven't played since sunday (thanks a lot, job...) but i'm on the brink of prestiging again and i'm gonna do it becuase i'm dumb and i'll eventually get bored enough to do it.

i don't wanna think "all those matches i played at 80 gave me wasted xp..."

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
But prestiging in general is a waste of time when you think about it.

I just like to find my fav gun/class and stick with that forever.

Once you get used to your fav class it's horrible having to use other stuff again.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
But prestiging in general is a waste of time when you think about it.

I just like to find my fav gun/class and stick with that forever.

Once you get used to your fav class it's horrible having to use other stuff again.
i know it's pointless because you do worse when you're used to a great set up and then you can't use it anymore... but black ops taught me that every time i get bored enough to quit playing, prestiging will give me a little more motivation to play for reasons i can't fully explain. if you play this game every day for a year without changing your loadout, i bet you'll be really bored. lol

edit: just read the patch notes about type 95 and fmg9s getting nerfed.
i already stopped using the type 95, and i'm not mad that they'll change the fmg9 overrape akimbo/steady aim combo.

Pikaville

What specifically are they doing to the FMG's?

As long as the damage is the same I don't care.

I imagine they are just nerfing the steady aim reticule a bit.

Type 95 didn't need nerfing IMO, it gets beaten at all ranges by quite a few guns.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
My problem with the FMGs is the following:

-Rate of Fire
-Hip Fire accuracy akimbo (****in' REALLY?)
-God damn EVERYWHERE

My problem with the FAMAS 2.0 is:

-RAPID FIRE (****ING WHY?!)
-Also everywhere

And that's it.

Fix those problems, it's no longer overpowering. A burst rifle does not need rapid fire. Why? I mean, WHY? Even the Mk14 doesn't need Rapid Fire. And I love that gun. No need for it. Leave it for the SMGs.

Pikaville

Weirdly enough I rarely run into people using the FMG's.

If they are patching the accuracy without steady aim that's fine.

I'm still gonna run them no matter what, unless of course they are nerfed to the ground.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
type 95 wasn't too op imo.
getting one bursted is annoying at times, but i one and two shot people all the time with the mk14. it's their fault for being in my line of sight without being able to defend themselves.

fmg9s on the other hand, i feel were WAY too good. lol i used them with steady aim and could occasionally beat people with assault rifles at mid range. that rate of fire with that steady aim hip spread is MUCH better than shotguns, imo.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i know it's pointless because you do worse when you're used to a great set up and then you can't use it anymore... but black ops taught me that every time i get bored enough to quit playing, prestiging will give me a little more motivation to play for reasons i can't fully explain. if you play this game every day for a year without changing your loadout, i bet you'll be really bored. lol
You're basically saying you need the game to force you to try something different than willingly use a new load out that you won't be able to do as well as your current load out. Nothing wrong with trying something new, but needing the game to force you to try something new I think is dumb and unwilling. If anything, people tend to just use the same guns they used leveling up, they just think its new cause they haven't used it in a while. Same result could have happened if you just went back to the gun for a bit, and it wouldn't cost you the progress you made.

That's just what I think of prestiging in CoD. I did it in black ops cause my friend convinced me and I regret doing it cause I lost my progress on perks and such. Since i'm not a good player, getting pro perks was hard for me. And i just threw all that grind away I hate it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
type 95 wasn't too op imo.
getting one bursted is annoying at times, but i one and two shot people all the time with the mk14. it's their fault for being in my line of sight without being able to defend themselves.

fmg9s on the other hand, i feel were WAY too good. lol i used them with steady aim and could occasionally beat people with assault rifles at mid range. that rate of fire with that steady aim hip spread is MUCH better than shotguns, imo.
But the BALANCE for that gun is it's a terrible close range weapon (hip fire/panic), and relies on range for kills. It's also a semi-auto weapon, with higher damage BECAUSE you don't have full auto.

Don't give them ideas to nerf my preciousssssssssssssss.... :mad:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah, i see what you mean. in black ops, i tried more new guns when i had them all unlocked than when i prestiged... maybe i was trying to justify it. lol idk.

black ops was a little different though, because i hated losing marathon pro or something that takes a long time to get (sit rep pro). but in mw3, you get teh scar early and that's a great all around gun so i don't feel at too much of a loss when i prestige. especially with the addition of prestige tokens being able to unlock things early, it's not too rough of a transition for me.
But the BALANCE for that gun is it's a terrible close range weapon (hip fire/panic), and relies on range for kills. It's also a semi-auto weapon, with higher damage BECAUSE you don't have full auto.

Don't give them ideas to nerf my preciousssssssssssssss.... :mad:
lol i would be pissed if they nerfed the mk14.
as for the type 95, i think if they changed the hip spread, it would be fine.
i hate that it's like a shotgun (that's how i used it with steady aim) sometimes. a gun like that should be harder to use at closer ranges. but i don't think it was/is op at all.

fmg9 on the other hand..... lol i will abuse it as long as it's op. i'm dirty like that.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
lol the reason I never prestiged in Blops was because I had all the pro perks. Like a boss. Losing that **** would be like slitting your own wrists. Vertically.

But in this game, I will prestige, simply because most of the equipment I use can be earned back relatively quickly.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So I learned today that rapid fire on the Mk14 only raised the firing cap by 25%, not removing it. The silencer will actually lower the Rate of Fire on the Mk14 (makes sense, I had noticed this on my Hardcore setup, thought it was just me).

TIL.

EDIT: I prestiged in BLops until I got Marathon Pro.

NEVER AGAIN.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow, i didn't know silencer lowered rate of fire?? wtf?? lol i'm a noob.....

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Prestiging in Blops is completely different because of the Perks, but in this game you get Pro's insanely quickly, plus prestige tokens unlock things early.

Once you get a weapon to gold, and reach level 80, you notice that you get less challenges and flashy numbers.

Yeah flashy challenges and numbers don't mean anything, but using more or less the same loadouts from a lower level with flashy numbers is still slightly more interesting than not.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Unintentionally Helpful Supressor

It's official.

This is the start of a bromance.

BECAUSE I ****ING LOVE YOU.

It's much easier to aim at long range, but mid range battles are a lot worse.

But sans the silencer, I do a little better.

Hardcore, it makes little difference. Slower paced anyway.

Anyway, the first run of Cowboy Shield Bop yesterday was a success in my eyes. Even though I was running mostly solo, it went very well. If I could still get someone to upload that clip?

Also, Portable Radar IS shown for ALL players on your team. According to what I've read so far (or at least general complaining from LameFAQs). Next set of unlocks in Prestige tokens, Dead Silence, Portable Radar, .44 Magnum.

AWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
EDIT: I prestiged in BLops until I got Marathon Pro.

NEVER AGAIN.
You say that now, but look what happened to us Marathon users:

NO UNLIMITED SPRINT

:urg:

I'd be completely happy to go through getting Marathon/ExCon the Black Ops way in mw3 if it was for unlimited sprint. Also because I didn't find it all that troublesome

YO ROB, UNLIMITED SPRINT WASN'T EVEN BROKEN ANYWAY :glare:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It is silly that they'd ever nerf extreme conditioning when running is useless.
If anyone wanted to be a perfect player, they'd never run. You should be punished more for running. Having infinite sprint would only hinder players.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
T95 now has the Famas Blops syndrome.

Since the nerf I see more people using it, and it seems to be just as effective.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i actually don't think that patch happened yet. i think that was in the "upcoming patch" section. i haven't played since sunday, but i turned it on earlier to see if there was a patch (and found out how gay xbl looks now but whatever)

prestige token uses: striker, dead silence, or portable radar

HELP ME CHOOSE ONE

Matt07

Smash Master
No, I don't think they have yet, but they will be nerfing them. The Type-95 isn't too bad, the only issue I have with it is the M16 is bad compared to it. In my opinion give the M16 the higher rate of fire, and lower the Type-95's.

It's silly why their even nerfing the Type-95, every other gun kills in 5 bullets and is fully automatic :/.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
i actually don't think that patch happened yet. i think that was in the "upcoming patch" section. i haven't played since sunday, but i turned it on earlier to see if there was a patch (and found out how gay xbl looks now but whatever)

prestige token uses: striker, dead silence, or portable radar

HELP ME CHOOSE ONE
Go with the Striker, that's my opinion anyway.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Well, that would explain a lot then. People trying to use the T95 while it's still good.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Just letting you guys know that you can invite me if i'm playing something else. Dunno if you thought that bothered me or not.

Assassin needs to be buffed.Most worthless perk in this game

Top Bottom