• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
My teammates were so bad that the guy that went 2-27 came second. And I still managed to win it for us.

I hate randoms.
Well, according to some of the randoms we played with last night, the guy who went 8 and 3 actually did the best, since he had the highest KD.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFSMTwoIAo&feature=g-u

Good blend of feeds, shotguns and some derpscoping.

At work, so no idea what the music is like.

All PC btw.
Ehh music was ok imo. The spas and model87 parts, cool.

Striker part, eww. (see Thunder's opinions on spas in Black Ops)

Oh, and if the guys using the spas and model87 weren't using Range or Damage, I'm salty that it's killing for them and not for me :/

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Ehh music was ok imo. The spas and model87 parts, cool.

Striker part, eww. (see Thunder's opinions on spas in Black Ops)

Oh, and if the guys using the spas and model87 weren't using Range or Damage, I'm salty that it's killing for them and not for me :/
I think it should be pretty obvious by now that if you're actually skilled at the game, all the AR bullets are replaced with Q-tips, shotguns shoot confetti, and grenades are cotton balls.
Everyone else is fine, tho.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX NOTES

http://community.callofduty.com/message/106065898#106065898

TU1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.

TU2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.

TU3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.

TU4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.

TU5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.

Hot Fix Updates:

- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies

Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development:

TU6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat Loss.

Hot Fixes after TU6:

- Weapon Rebalancing (Dual FMG-9, Type-95, CM-901 Attachments)
- Hitmarker Sound on Ps3
- Reticle fix for certain weapons.

Community feedback currently in discussion:

- Updates to the Spawn system
- Further “lag compensation” or “host advantage / disadvantage” updates plus ability for on-going hot fixes based on feedback.
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to 'unlock all' for competitive play in System Link only.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If they go through with fixing the horrid spawn system and stupid *** "lag compensation" bull****, then this game can have all my love.

inb4stefanpostsWHYTHE****ARETHEYNERFINGTHETYPE95!!?!?!?121!?!?

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
But F8AL, people like me with ****ty internet need to be able to play CoD as well :troll:

I can understand me on a two bar because the rest of our party is on a lower ping margin, but when you guys suffer because you're playing within mine, that is just stupid.

inbeforestefanpostsWHYUNERFDUALFMG-9'S??????!?!?!?!?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
But F8AL, people like me with ****ty internet need to be able to play CoD as well :troll:

I can understand me on a two bar because the rest of our party is on a lower ping margin, but when you guys suffer because you're playing within mine, that is just stupid.
I guess that IW finally realized that "lag compensation' is the stupidest thing any game developer/company can add to their video game.

It was probably invented by the same guy who created the OMA/Second chance perks in MW2/Black Ops but this time, he was 10x as drunk.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hopefully they don't take out the lag compensation seeing as though it's the closest thing to servers this game has.

Glad they're nerfing the Type 95. Running round a corner and dropping instantly wasn't fun.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpC3-GqiOg&list=UUVf84j6ufJzWSDip9VWSiyg&feature=plcp

I've found my niche for this game. Or, where I have the most fun.

It's the Riot Shield Shotgun Dual Magnum Long Range Mk14 Justice.

Also known as what this guy does.

Sans the Mk14.

Cause apparently Lumpy and I are the only ones who like that gun.

Anyway, I'll like to call it, Cowboy Shield Bop.

GET AT ME.

**** you, I'm in a ****ty mood. :c Been throwing up since yesterday. Stuck at work.

<3 you DSTP. We cool bro.

Non-related, I'm just trying to find something fun to do in this game, and Cowboy Shield Bop fills that.

Along with finding fails. If anyone wants to collaborate on that. :shrug:

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You mean dual FMG9s?

This guy knows.
Nah, Stefan loves to use both weapons which DSTP and I listed.

Hopefully they don't take out the lag compensation seeing as though it's the closest thing to servers this game has.

Glad they're nerfing the Type 95. Running round a corner and dropping instantly wasn't fun.
I lost when I read the first part of this post.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
@ODIN

<3 u and me being sick and cranky, and still being in better moods than most people.

@F8AL, and pretty much everyone
Lag compensation is, unfortunately, a necessary part of the game. Especially when it comes to parties. If there were no parties allowed, there would be no need for it. Allow me to elaborate.

CoD does its matchmaking based on all the players' upload/download speeds and their ping. Whoever has the lowest ping and best ul/dl usually gets host. This is because they have the best connection to the internet, which makes the overall connection of the match better. Now, what about kids with bad connections? Well, CoD takes care of that before you even enter a lobby. It partitions off people with different pings and internet connections into separate games. This way, kids with bad internet play with other kids with bad internet, so their lag is appx. even, thus nullifying it.

HOWEVER,
When playing in a party, the chance that players will have differing pings and ul/dl speeds is still there. But CoD matchmaking MUST keep them in the same game, even though they have different speeds. Since a pack is only as slow as the weakest link, matchmaking will place the party in a lobby with players of the slowest internet connection of the party. It then categorizes the number of players who have approximately the same connection speed. Whichever category has the most players, the person with the best internet speed IN THAT CATEGORY will receive host.

Do the math.

If you have a party full of people with good internet, but even one player with a slow speed, you will be placed in a slow internet lobby. If the majority of the players in the same lobby were placed there by the matchmaking system (AKA they also have a slow speed), then people with good internet will be punished by getting lag so that they match the speed of the majority of the players in the lobby.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is lag compensation. It can work both with and against you, depending on the parties joining the lobby.

As ridiculous as this may seem, I can't comprehend any sort of solution to this with the current system. Perhaps it can be made better, but CoD can't address the core issue: splitting a party.

I say "the current system", because the only way to fix lag compensation is to remake the system and implement dedicated servers. That way, if one person has bad internet, they are the only person to suffer from it and not an entire team.

*EDIT: this is mostly speculation, but backed by experience and facts

FalcrowLombardi

Smash Cadet
well as "fair" as lag compensation seems, no matter how you look at it, it always comes around to being a ****ing pain in the ***. Even though it is meant to even the playing field, I can't help but notice that I always get screwed over the majority of the time. So it always comes back to the idea: Why should everybody suffer for one kid's internet when their internet is perfect? And I know that this is something that will probably never get fixed because of the inability for people to fix their own game. So as I see it, what was in a way a good idea completely turned to **** when people started to realize what was going on. No matter how anyone explains the idea of lag compensation to me, I will always call BS on my constant death streaks because of lag.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Uhhhhhhh, I'd like lag compensation taken out honestly. And lag compensation doesn't equal servers. If we had servers we wouldn't have bull**** like people dashboarding and making the game end.

Thino

Smash Master
well as "fair" as lag compensation seems, no matter how you look at it, it always comes around to being a ****ing pain in the ***. Even though it is meant to even the playing field, I can't help but notice that I always get screwed over the majority of the time. So it always comes back to the idea: Why should everybody suffer for one kid's internet when their internet is perfect? And I know that this is something that will probably never get fixed because of the inability for people to fix their own game. So as I see it, what was in a way a good idea completely turned to **** when people started to realize what was going on. No matter how anyone explains the idea of lag compensation to me, I will always call BS on my constant death streaks because of lag.
I learned to deal with it from being on the other side of the fence for a long time, aka living in Africa and having to play Black Ops with one orange bar constantly and yelling at the screen "I CANT GET ANY KILL , THIS GAME IS BULL****, I CAN NEVER WIN NEVER WIN GUNFIGHTS UNLESS I SURPRISE THE GUY"

Now I have 4 bars all the time and Im like "yea I wasnt fast enough" and more than often blame myself when on the killcam it shows me not even starting to shoot when I scoped and got at least one hitmarker

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If they go through with fixing the horrid spawn system and stupid *** "lag compensation" bull****, then this game can have all my love.

inb4stefanpostsWHYTHE****ARETHEYNERFINGTHETYPE95!!?!?!?121!?!?
And then this is why people say you instantly forgive Craptivision after making **** right that should've been right to begin with :/

And it's about time they fix the spawns. Stupid *******s might as well robbed me my money for what the final product was. Last time I ever buy a CoD game from these *******s Modern ****fare 3 was the last straw

:phone:

I mean seriously, lag compensation shouldn't even be there in the first place if these greedy *******s werent stingy enough to get some ****ing good severs for this game. They say it'd cost them a lot of money for them to make them, except that the thousands they'd spend wouldn't even make a difference from the millions they already own

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Type isn't OP.

Just saying.

Edit: I saw Pluvia say that he's glad the type is getting nerfed because he hates dying instantly when he runs around a corner. Funny because he defends the sawed off in GoW3 which is basically just turning a corner and getting blown to pieces. Ignore list is a great feature. <3

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Type isn't OP.

Just saying.

Edit: I saw Pluvia say that he's glad the type is getting nerfed because he hates dying instantly when he runs around a corner. Funny because he defends the sawed off in GoW3 which is basically just turning a corner and getting blown to pieces. Ignore list is a great feature. <3
Get rid of rapid fire, and I have no problem with that burst fire POS.

Right now, it's the G11 reincarnate.

May it burn forever in the fires of Mt. Doom, never to return.

So say we all.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't mind quickscoping because I know the learning curve associated with it. That, and it's never happened to me.:applejack:

Cannot wait for that to change, honestly.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I don't mind quickscoping because I know the learning curve associated with it. That, and it's never happened to me.:applejack:

Cannot wait for that to change, honestly.
Eh I don't care if there's a learning curve, snipers shouldn't be close range weapons at all. That's the shotgun's job.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I wish the realism argument would stop.
This game isn't realistic at all and you all need to get over it.
No matter what you say, it is proof that sniping isn't good because you NEVER SEE PEOPLE DO WELL. NOBODY DOES WELL. THERE ARE NO SWEET, FULL GAME SNIPER GAMEPLAYS.

Goddamn. A throwing knife to the knee kills you but a pistol bullet to the face doesn't. Guns have almost no kick. It takes 5 bullets to kill with some guns from long ranges. You can get shot anywhere in the body and not be impaired. You're magically cured of all wounds after 5 seconds. When you kill people you suddenly gain skills. Sniper Rifles can kill at close range.
WAIT WHAT THE **** SNIPERS KILL AT CLOSE RANGE INFINITY WARD ARE NOOB FOR SHIPPING BROKEN GAME.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I wish the realism argument would stop.
This game isn't realistic at all and you all need to get over it.
No matter what you say, it is proof that sniping isn't good because you NEVER SEE PEOPLE DO WELL. NOBODY DOES WELL. THERE ARE NO SWEET, FULL GAME SNIPER GAMEPLAYS.

Goddamn. A throwing knife to the knee kills you but a pistol bullet to the face doesn't. Guns have almost no kick. It takes 5 bullets to kill with some guns from long ranges. You can get shot anywhere in the body and not be impaired. You're magically cured of all wounds after 5 seconds. When you kill people you suddenly gain skills. Sniper Rifles can kill at close range.
WAIT WHAT THE **** SNIPERS KILL AT CLOSE RANGE INFINITY WARD ARE NOOB FOR SHIPPING BROKEN GAME.
How many times do I have to say it, its not about realism but about game balance, I did not say once in my post it was about realism.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If we're talking game balance then why don't snipers do well? Nobody does well sniping. Grizzes K/D in the first week after not trying any tricks and sniping purely competitively and aggressively was 1.16.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ODIN

<3 u and me being sick and cranky, and still being in better moods than most people.

@F8AL, and pretty much everyone
Lag compensation is, unfortunately, a necessary part of the game. Especially when it comes to parties. If there were no parties allowed, there would be no need for it. Allow me to elaborate.

CoD does its matchmaking based on all the players' upload/download speeds and their ping. Whoever has the lowest ping and best ul/dl usually gets host. This is because they have the best connection to the internet, which makes the overall connection of the match better. Now, what about kids with bad connections? Well, CoD takes care of that before you even enter a lobby. It partitions off people with different pings and internet connections into separate games. This way, kids with bad internet play with other kids with bad internet, so their lag is appx. even, thus nullifying it.

HOWEVER,
When playing in a party, the chance that players will have differing pings and ul/dl speeds is still there. But CoD matchmaking MUST keep them in the same game, even though they have different speeds. Since a pack is only as slow as the weakest link, matchmaking will place the party in a lobby with players of the slowest internet connection of the party. It then categorizes the number of players who have approximately the same connection speed. Whichever category has the most players, the person with the best internet speed IN THAT CATEGORY will receive host.

Do the math.

If you have a party full of people with good internet, but even one player with a slow speed, you will be placed in a slow internet lobby. If the majority of the players in the same lobby were placed there by the matchmaking system (AKA they also have a slow speed), then people with good internet will be punished by getting lag so that they match the speed of the majority of the players in the lobby.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is lag compensation. It can work both with and against you, depending on the parties joining the lobby.

As ridiculous as this may seem, I can't comprehend any sort of solution to this with the current system. Perhaps it can be made better, but CoD can't address the core issue: splitting a party.

I say "the current system", because the only way to fix lag compensation is to remake the system and implement dedicated servers. That way, if one person has bad internet, they are the only person to suffer from it and not an entire team.

*EDIT: this is mostly speculation, but backed by experience and facts
No.

^
QFT.

Uhhhhhhh, I'd like lag compensation taken out honestly. And lag compensation doesn't equal servers. If we had servers we wouldn't have bull**** like people dashboarding and making the game end.
^
This.

And then this is why people say you instantly forgive Craptivision after making **** right that should've been right to begin with :/

And it's about time they fix the spawns. Stupid *******s might as well robbed me my money for what the final product was. Last time I ever buy a CoD game from these *******s Modern ****fare 3 was the last straw

:phone:

I mean seriously, lag compensation shouldn't even be there in the first place if these greedy *******s werent stingy enough to get some ****ing good severs for this game. They say it'd cost them a lot of money for them to make them, except that the thousands they'd spend wouldn't even make a difference from the millions they already own
^This. But you stole Black Ops so that doesn't count.

Type isn't OP.

Just saying.

I love you.

Meh I have more of a problem with quickscoping than actual snipers :troll:
^
This.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
For every 116 kills he dies 100 times.

So he could've had 10 games where he went 10 and 10, and then he has one game against bad players where he goes 16-0. He is widely recognized as the originator of aggressive sniping and is a widely respected player.

Sniping isn't overpowered and the numbers show it. It has a steep learning curve and the best players have trouble keeping up with normal guns.

You can go into a game and go positive with a normal gun, but I am almost sure that you'd go negative if you tried to quickscope. So I'd love to know how it is overpowered. Just look at the k/ds of snipers.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If you do both long range sniping and quickscoping then the sniper can be a really good weapon. You basically hardscope people that are far away, when someone gets close, instead of being punished for letting someone get near you, you can just quickscope them. If people run around quickscoping from any range, you may have problems. But if you were to use hardscoping and quickscoping when the situation calls for it, the sniper is basically good at most ranges.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Stop ignoring the facts. If it was that easy to do well sniping it would happen. Quickscoping isn't easy and that is why there are no really amazing, consistently snipers.
I mean, on paper and on forums it is easy to theorycraft about how it is an amazing one hit kill cannon, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather be having a fire fight with a skilled quickscoper than a mediocre child because I'd be more likely to win against the quickscoper.
Tell you what, if you can do these amazing things with these amazing guns that need to be nerfed, do it. Upload the replay.

Top Bottom