• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

rhan

Smash Hero
This game pisses me off.

All I want is the kitty emblem. So when I finally see an unknowing victim I sprint towards him with my damn riot shield to earn my ****ing kitty and when I commando charge at him some dip**** on my team kills him.

-__________________________-

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I guess I'll list some classes that I use successfully. I am positive now.
I went from a .7 to a 1+ by getting 3.0~ every game for a few games.

G36C @ Red Dot / Kick
Sleight of Hand
Quick Draw
Stalker

Solid as ****.
I agree with this class. I started using this gun a couple nights ago and it's just straight-out solid. I'm not sure if it needs Quick Draw really (supposedly the gun has the fastest raise time of all ARs; not sure if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised), but the pro version still has that overall usability that's so nice, so I can't it's really disagree with the choice.

Another thing to consider is running it as a high killstreak weapon and going Silencer with Scavenger and Assassin for blue and red. The gun has the fastest reload amongst ARs, so SoH isn't quite as necessary, and it has the fastest rpm amongst the "25 minimum damage" ARs, which makes it the most effective of them to use a silencer on. The only problem is either dealing with the kick or the terrible iron sights. Luckily though, the kick isn't too bad. You'll just have to burst fire at longer ranges.

Just my thoughts.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
And how would you suggest I fix my ammo problem then F8AL?

:phone:
Stop spraying and praying.

You guys, TmarTn just made a video on how to get Sitrep pro like instantly.
All you have to do is plant a trophy system and then knife it. It counts as enemy equipment. Just do it whenever you spawn.
Yeah, just saw that. Are trophy systems that good?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Stop spraying and praying.

Yeah, just saw that. Are trophy systems that good?
I was already having the ammo problem before I was spraying and praying

Hell if anything, my accuracy's gone up so I've lost less ammo, just not enough for me to have enough ammo

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
if you have trophy system and blast shield, and someone else with you who has a riot shield and blast shield then its a pretty easy flag cap

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It removes the firing cap in place for the gun.
So in other words it converts it to fully-automatic? I think I'd still prefer it semi-automatic, although it's interesting considering the MK14's superior attributes for damage/range/etc. Would it be more beneficial then to use it with rapid fire or another AR that is already fully-automatic with a more useful attachment?

:248:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So in other words it converts it to fully-automatic? I think I'd still prefer it semi-automatic, although it's interesting considering the MK14's superior attributes for damage/range/etc. Would it be more beneficial then to use it with rapid fire or another AR that is already fully-automatic with a more useful attachment?

It doesn't make it "fully automatic"

It's still a semi-auto gun. But if your trigger finger is crazy fast, there is no 'fire cap' on it.

Can some one find me info on a firing cap?

I'll post XboxAhoy's weapon review for the MK14 later. It explains the damage ratio for the gun, and why it's damage is so high, given that it's a semi auto.

It's a ranged weapon in my opinion. If you want something "full auto", keep a machine pistol in your back pocket :COUGHBARFBALRGARG FMG FKAHDKAHLDKHFEGIUSD:

Did anyone ever find out if turning off recording of games gets rid of Wanted Pro?
I've noticed no difference. I may as well turn it back on, but I don't know why.

Two RPG headshots.
in one game.
:bee:
Your avatar is adorable. :3

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
how sure are you that it literally removes the firing cap?

that doesn't sound accurate, but that would be amazing and probably not too useful.

edit:
Did anyone ever find out if turning off recording of games gets rid of Wanted Pro?
LOL if you made up "wanted pro" then i think you're amazing.

i really wanna know this to. i turned it off for peace of mind, but since then i've had some really good gameplays i wish i could rewatch.
went 30-3 in an ffa with the acr and no godly killstreaks on. i went back to watch it and realized i turned it off. :/

Matt07

Smash Master
The M16A4 is nothing compared to the Type 95, there's absolutely no reason to use it over the Type 95 :/. Maybe both companies still dislike this gun because of Modern Warfare 1 :(.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. i noticed that in black ops, the way they made m16 seem viable over g11 was all about attachments.

so far i see very little reason for a "try hard" to use anything other than a pp90, acr, mk14 or type 95.
idk the differences between snipers yet, and i definitely haven't tried all the guns.

are there any full auto assault rifles that you guys consider better than acr?
maybe cm901 for being stronger? idk. i really liked that denkirson site for black ops.
it covered everything in the most accessible form i could imagine.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It doesn't make it "fully automatic"

It's still a semi-auto gun. But if your trigger finger is crazy fast, there is no 'fire cap' on it.
Ah okay, that makes more sense. In that case though, I can't see it as being too useful... could just be that I'm used to one bullet getting the job done.

I'd like to try a non-stealth class and I'm wondering: SitRep or Steady Aim? I'll be using an SMG most likely, but I still habitually ADS a lot. On the other hand, Steady Aim pro looks more useful than SitRep pro (just comparing the pro additions).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Is there anyway to not get detected by motion sensors?

I guess other than using Sitrep to avoid them...

EDIT: nev mind, Assassin covers it
Do you mean like Claymores? Because it's Stalker Pro that delays the explosion on those kinds of things. Not sure exactly what you mean by "motion sensors" though. Assassin just makes you invisible to detection by UAV, heartbeat sensors, etc...

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Honestly haven't had any motivation to play this game whatsoever lately. It's just not as exciting as previous CoD games I guess.

I'm gonna try and play more, but I don't really enjoy these games without at least 3 other people. If anyone's ever up to play just shoot me an invite, always better with a party.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Honestly haven't had any motivation to play this game whatsoever lately. It's just not as exciting as previous CoD games I guess.

I'm gonna try and play more, but I don't really enjoy these games without at least 3 other people. If anyone's ever up to play just shoot me an invite, always better with a party.
Yeah, I don't play MW3 unless I have at least 1 friend or more in a party with me. Actually I pretty much apply this to any multiplayer portion of a shooter game now.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I can tolerate playing black ops by myself cause I was good enough to carry my team, not quite on that level in mw3 yet

also tonight I experimented on playing gay (camping with assassin and silencers), wretched knows what I'm talking about :troll:

and I was pulling godlike scores

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
does anyone else have a problem spawning RIGHT in front of bouncing buddies?

betty would be sad if she knew her name was shared with something so pestering...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok I ****ing hate my teammates. Last night all 3 times in the match I was a kill away from my assault drone, some **** uses a stealth bomber 3 times, places that **** right on top of me for whatever reason, then as I'm stunned I ****ing get ***** because as my enemy doesn't get stunned by a whole ten seconds, he takes advantage of me and finishes it.

What the hell man, why are all games so bent on doing that to you these days? Even gears 3 does that **** and I've died like 20 times because some **** places mortars right on top of my shotgun battle

I'm seriously tired of my team mates getting in my way and being a hindrance. That's why I also stopped running my support streak. My team mates DON'T DESERVE an advanced UAV, and idgaf anymore whether or not we win, I'm going to try to handle the score myself with my other kill streaks. I'll just run a sentry so I can put near a flag I'm capping. At least a sentry gun will make a better teammate that will cover my back, have better aim, and have the more powerful gun, and it's just as expendable. I'm serious, my teammates make more of a burden to me who's trying to win the game than a ****ing machine. That's sad. I'm serious why the hell is it when I get support jug im the only one trying to use it for its intended purpose of capping flags? Seriously even jug needs backup from like at least 2 or 3 team members

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I know we've all gone on complaining about Wanted Pro, but it is your connection and it is inevitable that it would start happening more often when you DIE FASTER.

Honestly, this game needs stopping power. It needs stopping power in place of overkill. It punishes strategic players like me. I HAVE NO OPTIONS. THE ONLY OPTION IS TO SHOOT.

In MW2, if I wasn't at an advantageous position, I always ran lightweight so I could easily get away with only a few bullets in my back and I could flank, but in this game, if they see your foot and decide to shoot, YOU'RE DEAD.
The fact that you die around a wall just means that they killed you when you weren't, and that your connection just told you that you were behind the wall.

EDIT: I got my first quad feed yesterday too. It was with the CM, which is a great gun.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Ok I ****ing hate my teammates. Last night all 3 times in the match I was a kill away from my assault drone, some **** uses a stealth bomber 3 times, places that **** right on top of me for whatever reason, then as I'm stunned I ****ing get ***** because as my enemy doesn't get stunned by a whole ten seconds, he takes advantage of me and finishes it.

What the hell man, why are all games so bent on doing that to you these days? Even gears 3 does that **** and I've died like 20 times because some **** places mortars right on top of my shotgun battle

I'm seriously tired of my team mates getting in my way and being a hindrance. That's why I also stopped running my support streak. My team mates DON'T DESERVE an advanced UAV, and idgaf anymore whether or not we win, I'm going to try to handle the score myself with my other kill streaks. I'll just run a sentry so I can put near a flag I'm capping. At least a sentry gun will make a better teammate that will cover my back, have better aim, and have the more powerful gun, and it's just as expendable. I'm serious, my teammates make more of a burden to me who's trying to win the game than a ****ing machine. That's sad. I'm serious why the hell is it when I get support jug im the only one trying to use it for its intended purpose of capping flags? Seriously even jug needs backup from like at least 2 or 3 team members

i've been complaining about this since day one.
also, it's not any players fault that emps or stealth bombers piss off their teammates. it's just annoying and a hindrance.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I used the scar and cm alot in my first prestige, even got gold on both of them

then I unlocked the ak47 and fad, gg all the other ARs

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I know we've all gone on complaining about Wanted Pro, but it is your connection and it is inevitable that it would start happening more often when you DIE FASTER.

Honestly, this game needs stopping power. It needs stopping power in place of overkill. It punishes strategic players like me. I HAVE NO OPTIONS. THE ONLY OPTION IS TO SHOOT.

In MW2, if I wasn't at an advantageous position, I always ran lightweight so I could easily get away with only a few bullets in my back and I could flank, but in this game, if they see your foot and decide to shoot, YOU'RE DEAD.
The fact that you die around a wall just means that they killed you when you weren't, and that your connection just told you that you were behind the wall.

EDIT: I got my first quad feed yesterday too. It was with the CM, which is a great gun.
Stopping power is already built in. So you want everyone to die in one bullet? And your only option is to shoot? Well you are playing a FPS.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Okay, here is the wanted pro image:

Example: [yt]8uv566QyoJk[/yt]

Wait you can get banned for that?! Crap, I"m already halfway to Sitrep pro V
I'm not sure but I sure as hell ain't gonna risk it. =/

I will. Once I get my 360 back.

Yeah, I don't play MW3 unless I have at least 1 friend or more in a party with me. Actually I pretty much apply this to any multiplayer portion of a shooter game now.
That's cause randoms make my blood boil.

I like the silenced UMP much more in this game.
soniamproud.jpg

All the guns in MW3 have had their damage increased so in theory, SP is in MW3.

This game is unplayable on your own.

Gotta admit Kill Confirmed was a good idea though. Stops camping.
Not from camping the tags tho. :urg:

Also: It’s Going to Take a "Couple of Weeks" to Make Call of Duty Elite Fully Functional, Says Developer

http://kotaku.com/5860440/it-will-be-weeks-before-call-of-duty-elite-is-working-heres-why

=/

Top Bottom