• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree (for the most part) with Banjo. Assassin is indeed OP but not to the point where it's game breaking.

I'd rather deal with Assassin than non-stop OMA noob tubes and Commando from MW2.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I agree (for the most part) with Banjo. Assassin is indeed OP but not to the point where it's game breaking.

I'd rather deal with Assassin than non-stop OMA noob tubes and Commando from MW2.
For the most part, me too. But it's super irritating and totally not necessary to make it that powerful. They made the mistake of thinking that they could create a new perk that would level the playing field in terms of the tier 2 perk slot but I can't see that ever happening.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
This game pretty much shows what mw2 would have been without stopping power.
People honestly never paid attention to how powerful cold blooded really was in that game.

Anyway yeah I just cant be bothered to finish a full match.
Winning

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I also agree that IW should have just went ahead and included Stopping Power again for a tier 2 perk. It's a good trade-off with Assassin. Sure, you'll still be invisible to UAV but at the same time you're at a disatvantage in 1 v 1 gun fights. No other current tier 2 perks can counteract Assassin at all...

EDIT: Cold Blooded was really good in MW2 but now since UAV is more popular than ever thanks to Support users, Assassin is just that much better.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I never minded Commando for some reason. Explosives in general though, I hated.

I agree though that I hate Assassin. I mean I use it on some classes, but that's just because nothing else comes close. If they took out a few of the things that it gains in the Pro version, I'd probably consider a few other things.

Removal of red name and immunity to EMP would help a lot. Make Advanced UAV only available in Pro (or not make it available at all, idk), maybe remove Heartbeat Sensor from the list and put it on a different perk (I'd kinda prefer to see it on something like Stalker Pro or Dead Silence Pro; Stalker Pro makes more sense in terms of what it already works on), and maybe make the Pro version harder to get in some way.

It's still going to be good this way, but it doesn't make quite as many things useless this way. Idk, that's all I can think of to do to this perk without completely changing what it does.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The immunity to counter UAV is also huge. I don't think people realize how good that is.

I used counter all the time in MW2, but now in this game people with assassin are totally unaffected which makes it even more useless.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm going to go as far as saying that Assassin isn't actually that good.

Think about it, it makes you immune to the Support class, but not the good Support streaks (Balistic Vests, Recon Drone, Stealth Bomber, Juggernaut), plus the Support doesn't care if they're killed. You snuck up on them? So what, how much people do you see being stealthy when running Support?

So it helps counter the bad Support streaks, but it's pointless to use when you're running Support (due to not having to care about whether you die or not) and it doesn't matter how stealthy you are against a Support because again they don't care if they die. And why would you run UAV with Support? People are going to run the higher streaks seeing as though they don't care about death.

So that means it helps the Assault package, but the Assault package is completely countered by Support and a Stinger. Not only will the Stinger 1 shot kill everything below the Reaper, it'll 2 shot kill everything above, and the Stinger spawns with 2 bullets. Plus Blind Spot Pro will make you aim on things faster and make you immune to air support. Heck even SoH will make you be able to take them down rapidly. And an EMP will knock out all air support, regardless of Assassin, plus Assassin doesn't make you immune to air support, so if anyone else manages to get a helicopter or Pred missile then your Assassin wont help you.

So really, what is Assassin helping you do? Quickdraw Pro is a good perk. Blast Sheild Pro is great, Hardline Pro is fantastic and is what every Support class should be using, and Overkill Pro is just kind of meh. Assassin Pro doesn't really have any great perks when put into context. All you can do is annoy the people that are using the 2 terrible strike packages, but at the same time you could be using Blast Shield Pro to get those objectives and points, or Hardline Pro to rake in the points just for spamming Flash grenades.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
My view on multiplayer games right now:

There's about one hundred other games on your shelf right now. If MW3 bothers you that much, put it down for a week or so.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
For the future posts of people getting salty over not owning 100 video games, I can probably name about 200 free to play ones found online. Get at me.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe if you would've aimed down your sights and shot him in a vital kill point, your team would've made a slow and steady comeback from the 8-14 deficit that you probably caused.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why boost for sitrep? Just knife your own trophy systems.
That's what we meant...

Maybe if you would've aimed down your sights and shot him in a vital kill point, your team would've made a slow and steady comeback from the 8-14 deficit that you probably caused.
lol

Details on the latest MW3 patch:

- Death wall added to the wall/map glitches, so when you try and do them, you instantly die. (These are for the tank glitches and out of map glitches on Arcadia and Outpost.)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just played a match on Outpost with someone glitching inside the lorry, so it's looks like they were bull****ting when they said they patched it out.

Decided to put it in my online vault so I can get that guy banned later.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just played a match on Outpost with someone glitching inside the lorry, so it's looks like they were bull****ting when they said they patched it out.

Decided to put it in my online vault so I can get that guy banned later.
It takes time for the update/patch to hit every country in the world, be patient.

So instead of removing the glitch, they just added death boundaries? :V

Recently got the ACR and I feel it's the perfect gun for me.
Same thing. I think it's rather clever, tbh.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Top Bottom