• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Noooope, no thank you, :p
If I wanted to play Halo, I'd play Halo.
I don't think Search would be fun if you couldn't knife. stuff would become a cluster****.
... And how often do you hear people complain about imbalanced mechanics in Halo? I go to school, I hear people talking about Halo (I'm sorry, but I don't do Halo) and I NEVER hear them complain about the game EVER. Yet when I start talking CoD to people, at one point in the conversation, a bull**** kill is going to pop up one way or another then it leads to people complaining about knifing, explosives, footsteps, different weapons, BKnives (I don't get this one at all), host privileges, etc.

Exactly. CoD would be better if it were more balanced out like Halo imo

Sariku

Smash Master
... And how often do you hear people complain about imbalanced mechanics in Halo? I go to school, I hear people talking about Halo (I'm sorry, but I don't do Halo) and I NEVER hear them complain about the game EVER. Yet when I start talking CoD to people, at one point in the conversation, a bull**** kill is going to pop up one way or another then it leads to people complaining about knifing, explosives, footsteps, different weapons, BKnives (I don't get this one at all), host privileges, etc.

Uh... :/
Anything would be better if it were more balanced, but if it was 'balanced out like Halo'? That'd be terrible. If people think Halo is balanced, they can go ahead and think that way, but Halo's type of 'balance' wouldn't work with Call of Duty. It'd change the game up a lot. If someone wants to go play Halo, they can go play Halo. The games completely different, so I'll go ahead and embrace the changes, rather than ***** and moan.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Would you guys like the two-hit kill rifle butt? I just think that a rifle butt smashed into the opponent would better. It would also make sense (especially for akimbo weapons. wtf third arm).

Although, I can see why the knife is a one-hit kill. It just needs the lunge to be... nerfed?

Sariku

Smash Master
ONLYUSEmeBLADE says that knifes should only be allowed with your secondary weapon. I guess then it would be smacking someone with your gun if you have your primary out, which could become multi-hit kills. I dunno. I agree, just nerf the lunge and I'll be fine.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Instead of a "OHKO" or "2HKO", I'd rather we have a melee system that played along with the damage system. ie. you pistol whip someone and it does x amount of damage. So say I shoot a 2 ASP bullets in his foot, I pistol whip melee to finish the guy off.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Instead of a "OHKO" or "2HKO", I'd rather we have a melee system that played along with the damage system. ie. you pistol whip someone and it does x amount of damage. So say I shoot a 2 ASP bullets in his foot, I pistol whip melee to finish the guy off.
Oh of course, knifing at the moment is a one-hit kill or does 100 damage, it's kind of interchangeable.

Also, I like the rifle butt / knife with secondary idea. Bayonet attachment for a tactical knife-esque effect?

Oh man, automatically kill people by walking into them with a bayonet, that'd be so awesome and broken.

Sariku

Smash Master
Oh of course, knifing at the moment is a one-hit kill or does 100 damage, it's kind of interchangeable.

Also, I like the rifle butt / knife with secondary idea. Bayonet attachment for a tactical knife-esque effect?

Oh man, automatically kill people by walking into them with a bayonet, that'd be so awesome and broken.
I think the idea is cool too, but I still don't mind the OHKO. To me it's really just the fact someone can lunge at you from the bottom of the stairs on nuketown and get you if you're at the top.

M.K

Level 55
Knifing in this (and by extension, MW2) have been so iffy for me. It seems that I have a tendency to jolt up and try to knife the throat, but I swear, half the time I whip the blade out EONS before my opponent, hit him straight in the abdomen, and still succumb to his own knife or gun shots.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Deltacod and I with our epic throwahawk and knifing shenanigans.

I got a triple bank throwahawk which tripped the guy and never actually "hit" him since my tomahawk was laying on the ground.

Deltacod got a jumpshot throwahawk over a wall as well as a double bank throwahawk and a missed ballistic knife shot that, when viewed in theatre, should have hit the guy.

Conclusion: With all the tripping that went down I have reason to believe Sakurai made this game, though the somewhat balancedness of the game throws this theory off.

Also shenanigans.

EDIT: Almost forgot the epic dolphin diving killcam that went down on Grid. <3

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Tomahawk the most luck oriented best Lethal in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIIgv5wNAXM

It's definitely my favorite at least. Also, Commando is now my favorite gun, G11 is a monster though. Also, on the topic of knifing, I myself usually don't knife people, even in their face and I know they'd knife me. I guess some goodness in me hates knifing people.

Ballistic knife on the other hand...

Fletch

Smash Master
Where'd you get that impression?

They're very good, just very selfish and annoying at the same time
You just said you went under 1 KDR constantly while trying to spam cars. I'll play against a team of those players any day of the week.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, but aren't some guns made out of plastic or something?

So they can be concealable AND be a projectile at the same time
Yeah, they're not exactly LEGAL either...

My point being, guns are just as illegal as carrying a knife, or at least a knife of that size (combat knife we'll call it).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090519184803AAfBI3F

Interesting post on that one.

http://www.donath.org/Rants/StateKnifeLaws/

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/usc_sec_15_00001245----000-.html

So I can find several pages saying that they ARE illegal... Just nothing that says WHY they're illegal. O_o

Grandeza

Smash Master
I really hate when I'm shooting at someone and they just rambo through my bullets and knife me. Also, zombies is sooo fun. Kino is pretty small though. Got up to round 14 yesterday and was pretty surprised when all the doors were opened up.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Anyone interested in playing today? I just got the game last week(WARNING: I won't play with you if you're under 15 years of age.)

User: yoshimanssbm(XBOX)

I'll be on at 4pm, because that is when I get off work.

Knifing in this (and by extension, MW2) have been so iffy for me. It seems that I have a tendency to jolt up and try to knife the throat, but I swear, half the time I whip the blade out EONS before my opponent, hit him straight in the abdomen, and still succumb to his own knife or gun shots.
Welcome to lag, I really don't have to worry about it since I play on fiberoptics(University Campus).

Sariku

Smash Master
Anyone interested in playing today? I just got the game last week(WARNING: I won't play with you if you're under 15 years of age.)

User: yoshimanssbm

I'll be on at 4pm, because that is when I get off work.
I don't think I feel like playing tonight, but you need to probably tell people what console you're using :p

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!

Black ops is balanced. There are just so many different options that it comes down to who makes the right choices(excluding player skill). Such as, if someone is shooting at you, run behind something until their clip runs out then shoot them(this works too much).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think Black Ops is fairly balanced. When it comes to the guns, one gun coming out on top is inevitable. When it comes to perks, well it's impossible to balance something where the choices are so dependent of the playstyle. Sure, I could take Flakjacket, Tactical Mask, and Claymore with my AK74u, but I'd rather have Lightweight, Marathon, and C4.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm close to destroying this game right now. I ****ing hate playing with randoms, and I hate people who are ****ing stupid, I really do.

You're bad if you:

1. Use RC car
2. Ghost and run behind people the whole game
3. Panic knife
4. Sit in corners with claymores watching them
5. Use the ak74u with rapid fire and grip

I don't think I can take it anymore, it's pathetic. And by the way, it drives me crazy when I have a spy plane up and people run right by red dots. Those are the enemies for all of those who aren't aware. Usually helps to pay attention to the radar that tells you where everyone is, you know.

Edit: Forgot to say that the spawn system in this game is worse than any other CoD game. Spawn killed 4 times in a row where I got to live for no more than 3 seconds each time. Not nuketown.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm close to destroying this game right now. I ****ing hate playing with randoms, and I hate people who are ****ing stupid, I really do.

You're bad if you:

1. Use RC car
3. Panic knife

I don't think I can take it anymore, it's pathetic. And by the way, it drives me crazy when I have a spy plane up and people run right by red dots. Those are the enemies for all of those who aren't aware. Usually helps to pay attention to the radar that tells you where everyone is, you know.

Edit: Forgot to say that the spawn system in this game is worse than any other CoD game. Spawn killed 4 times in a row where I got to live for no more than 3 seconds each time. Not nuketown.
Maybe start playing with friends? Randoms are usually just there for cannon folder.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
You're good if you:

1. Shoot the RC car
2. Don't get killed by people with ghost.
3. Bait the panic knife, then knife them.
4. Don't blindly run around.
5. Use the ak74u with acog and silencer.

I usually always play with friends. They are easier to trust to watch your back. Join a clan. You can join mine, we always destroy everyone when we are on as a group.

kr3wman

Smash Master
1.Easier said than done
2.Easier said than done
3.Easier said than done
4.Easier said than done
5.Completely stupid.

Of course it's easy to pwn randoms in a team lol. You're with people who actually look at the mini-map and do stuff and ****.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok so I haven't been able to post since the game came out but now I'm back, so I'll throw in my opinion.

I love the game, I find it extremely refreshing that I can play without fear of annoying snipers/noob tubers at the back of the map killing me.

The spawns on a few of the maps are dodgy,(Nuketown and Summit being the worst IMO) but after a while you just learn where/when they are gonna spawn behind/beside you.

Finally I'll tell you guys my setup.

Galil w/ Reflex and Suppressor.

Ballistic knife.

Semtex, Flashes and Claymore

Hardline, Warlord and 2nd chance.

Sariku

Smash Master
So, does anyone here not use Sleight of Hand, and if so, how do you possibly pull that off? I can't ever go positive when it takes me five seconds to reload, D:

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
well, I use slide of hand for sniping and warlord for everything else. You just have to use the terrain to your advantage, reload after every kill and react faster. Some times you will have to switch to your secondary weapon if you're fighting off a big group. Also, make sure you're being accurate, it only takes about 1/3 of my clip to kill someone.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
1.Easier said than done
2.Easier said than done
3.Easier said than done
4.Easier said than done
5.Completely stupid.

Of course it's easy to pwn randoms in a team lol. You're with people who actually look at the mini-map and do stuff and ****.
^

Yaaaah. Everything is easier said than done.

So, does anyone here not use Sleight of Hand, and if so, how do you possibly pull that off? I can't ever go positive when it takes me five seconds to reload, D:
I never use anything else. Getting the extra ADS time makes the difference along with the faster reloading, especially when getting the first shot off is so crucial. No point in using anything else.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

You're bad if you:

1. Use RC car
3. Panic knife

RC cars are the only thing that make me wanna break this game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Watch your back more. It's called flanking, it's how I wipe out entire enemy teams because they focus on any red dot that shows up on a screen.

Man I love decoys. :awesome:
Yeah but you play on PS3 so it doesn't count.

I have 900+ RCs called in during my first prestige. :awesome:

Top Bottom